Great Design, Rewarding to Use

Started Mar 30, 2011 | User reviews
clp
clp
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
Great Design, Rewarding to Use
Mar 30, 2011

I read carefully through the various reviews of this camera before purchasing. I have a 4/3 format SLR and so was used to Olympus.
I really appreciated the look and feel of this camera: solid but not heavy, easy to handle but not bulky. I like the flexibility - indooors, use the 17 mm prime lens with flash as needed, outdoors and sports, use the 10X zoom with electronic viewfinder. Autofocus with the 17mm (34 mm equiv.) is fast and crisp, even in relatively low light. I did not buy the std. kit lens. It is a classy looking camera and gets comments when people see it.
The images are great, use the newer lenses to get the best autofocus speed. The flash is excellent for its small size. If you are a professional sports photographer this isn't the camera for you, but just about anything else you won't be dissapointed. The rear display is very good, bright and crisp. Personally, I don't miss the extra pixels that other displays have, but Olympus should consider that for marketing purposes. The viewfinder, as others say, is superb. Yes, it can come out of the hotshoe when you put it a bag, but I remove it anyway.
The multifunction knob on the right rear is great to use and intuitive

Happy owner.

Problems:

Rear multi function wheel is small. Menus are difficult, but I 've seen worse.

clp's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
great
Action / sports
good
Landscapes / scenery
great
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)