What a bargain

Started Apr 4, 2011 | User reviews
regsy
Regular MemberPosts: 125
Like?
What a bargain
Apr 4, 2011

I upgraded from a Fuji Finepix S2 pro to this, I had a fair bit of Nikon stuff and a very limited budget, after much hunting about looking at a large variety of cameras and shops I managed to get one of these for a couple of hundred quid. First impressions are it big, heavy, solid and possibly the most ergonomic camera ever built. I have big hands and the weight of this camera just makes it feel that much better planted when you are shooting, all of the buttons, dails and switches are just where you want them, there are so many external controls that you may never have to use the menus (as excellent as they are) I have now taken about 4,000 pics with mine (from Feb 2011) It all works exactly as a Pro camera should, I shoot in low light at gigs and concerts as well as a lot of music festival shooting. This camera is brilliant, low light focus is great, the viewfinder is bright and clear, 'auto' settings appear to give good results, burst mode and high speed crop are nothing short of earth shattering and finally a camera with a battery meter that works (you can happily shoot with 1 dot left knowing that it isn't going to die!). In short I can find nothing wrong with the D2x, I am delighted with its speed, handling and image quality (though if you go over ISO 800 you will get some noise) it has been a revelation and I really cannot fault the camera in any way. Could I get a better camera? yes but only its younger brothers the D3 range, but for the prices they are going for? Not a chance, a pro camera for this price is just beyond belief

Problems:

Non really, maybe a little heavy for some and a bit big for others for me its size weight and build are second to non.

regsy's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
excellent
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)