A Big Step up from my K-10D

Started Nov 26, 2011 | User reviews
hikenhi
Regular MemberPosts: 498Gear list
Like?
A Big Step up from my K-10D
Nov 26, 2011

When I held the camera for the first time I said, "WoW!, Pentax really stepped-up the cameras ergonomics wih this new body design." The camera has an incredible feel to it when you hold it, as does the K-5 which is even nicer with the taller shooting function knob. This body style is unlike anything I've ever got my hands on. It's such a small and capable design that takes so much and putsinto the smallest package w/o sacrificing the ability to operate it easily and efficiently. Much more accurate metering system than the K-10D & K-20D.

Problems:

Noise at higher ISO settings. Focusing in low light. Color rendition not as accurate as the K-5. IQ not nearly as good as the K-5, but better than the K-10D and K-20D--sorry 10 & 16 segment metering systems are no match for the 77 segment metering systems in the K-7 & K-5.

hikenhi's gear list:hikenhi's gear list
Pentax K-7 Pentax K-5 Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Pentax smc DA* 16-50mm F2.8 ED AL (IF) SDM Pentax smc DA* 50-135mm F2.8 ED (IF) SDM +5 more
hikenhi's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
acceptable
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
okay
Low light (without flash)
acceptable
Flash photography (social)
good
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads