Mediocre and inconsistent

Started Dec 6, 2011 | User reviews
taylorsteve55
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Mediocre and inconsistent
Dec 6, 2011

I use a Nikon D7000, but wanted a small portable to carry in my pocket to replace an old Canon SD850IS that was no longer working. I bought two of the Elph 310HS cameras, one for me and one for my daughter. The cameras were only a few days old when I first started taking photos with my 310HS, but I immediately noticed a strong yellow-green tint throughout all of the photos. I then took the same photo subjects with my daughter's new 310HS. This one had much less of a yellow-green tint than the first camera, but it was still obvious in the photos. I took a comparative with my D7000 (yes, I realize the camera quality is radically different, but I was looking for color comparison only) and the color looked natural. I repeated the process again and received the same results. The issue is evident regardless of whether viewed on the cameras' lcd screens, or in my Aperture program. I'm not sure what defect is causing the problem, but I am disturbed just as much by the inconsistency between the two 310HS cameras as I am each one's variation from true natural.

taylorsteve55's score
Average community score
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads