Well....

Started Dec 12, 2011 | User reviews
khairil anuar
New MemberPosts: 9
Like?
Well....
Dec 12, 2011

This is my 4th digital camera. Before this I was using IXUS 980IS which I bought back in late 2008. 3 years after using the IXUS, I thought it was like a high time to update. Furthermore, I was looking for something much more compact than IXUS - and without having to deal with protruding lens when doing the shooting. The HD video is the one that compels me the most. The video shooting is a blast for camera this size. The OLED screen is big and nice to look at - as long as it is not under the bright sun. The touch screen is a good concept to begin with but there is a minus side to it as well. The built quality and some of the shooting features are a real pleasant to begin with. The 3D panorama sweep feature is something I like most about the SONY camera. Apart from the HD Video, the camera is a tad more responsive than my old IXUS. However, I must say the picture quality falls within so so to average. For the price, I feel disappointed considering the TX is not that cheap. Perhaps the smaller lens unit inside the camera is the cause for compromise.

Bottom line, I may ditch this camera sooner than later.

Problems:

The Picture Quality does not match the price
The touch screen can go either way - from a tad too sensitive to not that responsive at all.
Takes time to get use to the opening of the lens cover.

khairil anuar's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads