FH1, if you considering only speed.

Started Dec 13, 2011 | User reviews
tohofervin
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
FH1, if you considering only speed.
Dec 13, 2011

I've just bought this camera 1 week ago. I'm in love to the look of the camera, and its the only one reachable to my budget.

The camera works really fast, fast focusing, and minimum shutter lag, honestly I'm very satisfied to its speed. The camera works good in low light as I ever experienced with the other brand. It takes the light very good on wide angle. but when it comes to tele zoom, the whole things going differently.
I've try it in low light and very low light condition, in wide angle it works very fine with flash considerably effective to 5-6 m long. In tele zoom (140mm), which the aperture open so narrow as 6.9 (usual in Panasonic cameras) even with flash it considerably good for not more than 2m (6ft) long from the object. So, I will not suggest to often use the tele zoom.

The result of this camera is very good. Its a bit disappointing when taking picture of purple flower which color become blue in the picture. Another Panasonic cameras lack. But the sharpness of the picture is quite good, even when its not using Leica lenses (will be much more sharp with the Leica lenses). The other lack that I found is when I'm taking the picture of 50% trees and 50% very bright sky, the camera takes the light from the bright side too much so the sky look overexposed while the trees look fine, I found the sample image in a website and looks like the FH3 can takes better picture at the situation.

Conclusion, good speed, not friendly to purple and too much bright.

Problems:

I have no problems so far, the camera works fine.

tohofervin's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
acceptable
Landscapes / scenery
unrated
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
acceptable
Flash photography (social)
okay
Studio / still life
good
= community average
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH1 (Lumix DMC-FS10) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FH3 (Lumix DMC-FS11)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads