One of the Best !

Started Jan 26, 2012 | User reviews
arigato_12
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
One of the Best !
Jan 26, 2012

I've been working with Minolta gear for ages, some of my best pictures were made with the Dynax 7 film camera and their Rokkor lenses. It was quite a bit disappointing to wait so long before a Minolta DSLR came around...A large assignment forced me to change to Nikon.. but I still have and use my Minolta goods.
When Sony took over from Minolta.. it was just a matter of time before we would see and enjoy the digital know how of Sony in a DSLR. So, I acquired an A700.. to use my large set of Minolta glass..including an older but gorgeous Minolta 300f2.8 that has become a 450mm f2.8 on my A700..with.. mind you...the in-camera Super Steady Shot system.. yep..all my old lenses have been upgraded at no costs.
My photography in low light situations (jazz concerts etc.) requires high ISO and the A700 copes quite to very well with these conditions,Up to 2500 > 3200 ISO in RAW setting everything is OK. There's noise.. of course, there's noise (grain, as we used to call it, way back) but coming from the old school and film cameras loaded then and now with 3200ISO film, noise (grain) is there but can have its charm and is one of the lesser problems.
Sony's long collaboration with German Master Lens maker Zeiss (one of the best on the globe) provides us with beauties like the famous Planar 85mmf1,4...whooo.. sharpness of this lens and other Zeiss jewels hurt your eyes.
I did not go for the Sony A850 or A900 but when they start upgrading this pro section I'll be waiting and picking the very best from the new batch.

Problems:

None

arigato_12's score
Average community score
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha DSLR-A850
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads