Tiny compact with a big heart

Started Feb 20, 2012 | User reviews
Gorpalm
Regular MemberPosts: 185Gear list
Like?
Tiny compact with a big heart
Feb 20, 2012

My first Canon, extremely pleased w picture quality overall from this tiny compact. Canon have made a compact that can appeal to your basic p&s user w their Auto option, whilst sliding a switch gives someone who wants a little more in terms of camera control and look of the image output, well in my opinion a lot more!

Picture quality ok in bright daylight, ideally tweak the colours to give a more colorful look, but night time pictures are frankly excellent. Auto makes life easy, or choose from a comprehensive array of shooting options in programme mode - this simple design (Auto/Programme) based on a physical switch really does give this camera two personalities - flip to Auto and let the camera do all the work, or try the other side to this unit and let your imagination and creativity loose! I'm trying to keep this review short and just focusing on it as a lifestyle tool - because that is what this cam absolutely succeeds at.

So for its go-anywhere size, do anything nature, fine (after in cam colour tweaking) daylight and excellent night IQ, and right now offering brilliant value for money, I'm delighted to give this thing 5 stars.

Problems:

3 inch screen great, but squeezes down the size of buttons to the right of it - I'm learning to use my thumbnail to navigate.

Gorpalm's gear list:Gorpalm's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Canon ELPH 100 HS Fujifilm X10 Samsung WB250F Olympus PEN E-PL1 +2 more
Gorpalm's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
acceptable
Landscapes / scenery
good
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)