Junk! Don't listen to DPReview fanboys

Started Feb 28, 2012 | User reviews
sincraft
Regular MemberPosts: 409
Like?
Junk! Don't listen to DPReview fanboys
Feb 28, 2012

Most of the reviewers on here are avid forum posters. Talk badly about product and the people on here jump on you like you are preaching against their religion.

Trust me when I say, don't listen to the other reviews. This camera is ONLY good for a very fine line of usage. Serves best sitting on the shelf.

Video quality is HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRIBLE. I dont know what people on here are talking about. Especially the guy that works 'in the industry' lol. No wonder why tv/movies SUCK today.

Something that can't focus because of a tiny water droplet or, something that fixates itself on something far away and never focuses back is junk, usually found in a no name brand camera that you can get on ebay from china for $.01 + $39 shipping.

Tried to capture some photos of my 3 month old being cute, the flash just chooses not to go off many times, or when it does washes things out horrible.

Just when you think you have a keeper, you view it on a computer monitor only to realize that your iphone takes a better picture. Sadly, it's true. Not to disparage the iphone camera, but really nikon?

Maybe I have a defect, however this is our second nikon point and shoot and so far, we have gotten really junk performance that could easily be trumped by a wireless phone's camera. Seems like the industry is VERY interested in cramming megapixels for the mouth breathers buy on quantity and not quality.

Honestly, a much cheaper Fuji (forgot the model) at costo had far far better pictures.

Stay away from this camera or at the very least, pay a few extra bucks to buy it locally so you can return it immediately afterwards isntead of having to deal with the shipping.

sincraft's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
poor
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
weak
Portraits
awful
Low light (without flash)