Takes a kicking, keeps on clicking

Started Mar 15, 2012 | User reviews
GregT
Contributing MemberPosts: 579
Like?
Takes a kicking, keeps on clicking
Mar 15, 2012

The Olympus TG-810 is not going to win any awards for speed in any category but if you want a camera that can take abuse and keep taking pictures then consider this camera. I love the "rugged" look so I bought this tg-810 as a take anywhere and don't worry camera. I've not dunked it underwater but I did take some shots in a downpour and the Oly clicked away without complaint.

The TG-810 is no lightweight for a P&S but I find that somewhat reassuring as it has a feeling of solidity to it. It is truly tank-like in construction.

Battery life is only average so if you're on holidays and this is the only camera you have with you be sure to bring the charging cable and a spare battery with you.

Image quality is okay. One hint is that the .jpg compression is set to normal by default. If you go into the menu and select "fine" your .jpg will not be compressed as much resulting in better image quality with the sacrifice of a larger file size. For me that trade-off is worth it. Large capacity SD cards are quite cheap these days.

I would recommend this camera for what it is advertised to accomplish. If top image quality and speed are what you're after, consider another model.

Problems:

Slow boot-up from off.

GregT's score
Average community score
Olympus TG-810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads