Dissapointed!

Started Mar 31, 2012 | User reviews
radixlecti
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Dissapointed!
Mar 31, 2012

Ok, I realize that you are not going to get SLR quality shots from a waterproof compact camera but I at least expected it to out-perform a 5MP HTC phone! The TG-810 cannot handle any shots where there is a big difference in exposure levels and just "whites out" the darker parts of the scene. For instance I was trying to get a shot of a cliff face but due to my position I couldn't help getting a little patch of cloudy sky in the corner of the frame. The resultant photo looks like it was shot in heavy mist as the bright sky has "bled" across the scene. I have tried various settings on the camera to try and reduce this problem but at the end of the day often put the Olympus away and resort to using the camera on my phone instead.
JPEG compression is very noticeable on the "normal" setting as another reviewer mentioned.
The GPS is also a major problem, I have only managed to get a GPS fix once and that was by leaving the camera on a fence-post for 30min. As soon as I moved about 30 meters, the GPS fix was lost again.

Problems:

Exposure is hopeless
GPS is far too gimmicky

radixlecti's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
unrated
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
awful
Portraits
mediocre
Low light (without flash)
weak
Flash photography (social)
acceptable
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Olympus TG-810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads