a nice toy

Started May 12, 2012 | User reviews
Henk van der Laan
New MemberPosts: 16
Like?
a nice toy
May 12, 2012

This is my fourth compact .. and the cheapest ( E100 ). It seems to be an entry model and looks and feels like it.
In the range ixus 40 / 50 / 75 I've owned it is still using the same battery. Build quality is quite poor compared to those. But as it is my everday backpack-cam I does allright. Image quality is decent but not spectacular.

It is the kind of camera you take along in situations where you might expect it to get damaged or lost. It offers clear benefits over cameraphones.

Comparing to the previously owned ones there is a major drawback: weight an buttons.
Weight could be at least double what is is now.Low weight is a problem when holding steady.
Buttons are a disaster. They are flush with the camerasurface, so no 'haptic feedback'. They feel and behave cheap and flimsy. It makes singlehanded operation a disaster.

Bottom line: it's a childerens toy. I would not recommend it to anyone who is taking the first step into digital.

Problems:

- low weight
- flimsy buttons

I have no problem with the technical performance, esp. when considering it's price. For that it should recieve 5 stars. But operating the thing is a disaster. I'de trade it for a good ixus 50/70/75 anyday. For that part it gets no star at all.

Henk van der Laan's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads