Great when it worked......

Started Sep 19, 2012 | User reviews
JumpmanJ
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Great when it worked......
Sep 19, 2012

The Casio Customer service here in Taiwan is the biggest problem I have besides the camera breaking down.
1st time it broke the lens wouldn't retract and I took it in and they said "there was some condensation build up in the lens.... did you take it to the beach or somewhere humid? Because that's bad for the camera".
Long story short they replaced the lens unit and in the drawer it went.
About 6 months later, I took the camera out and the lens as stuck again. Lens wouldn't pop out and just said "Lens error".
So I took it in to the service department again. I told them the camera lens is stuck again, and this is how the conversation went.

Customer rep : Sir our staff told you to keep the camera out of humid areas. Did you or anyone else bring it to a humid environment?

Me : No it's been in my drawer the entire time.

Customer rep : Someone must have taken it to the beach or something.

Me :No! No one took it to the beach and Taiwan is a tropical island and it's humid here period! Are you telling me the camera is not suitable for Taiwan? Because this seems to be a reoccurring issue.

Customer rep : Its not the same problem! The lens wouldn't retract last time and this time the lens won't extend.

I just got up and took my Casio paperweight home.........

JumpmanJ's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads