Excellent camera

Started Oct 11, 2012 | User reviews
avbee
New MemberPosts: 2
Like?
Excellent camera
Oct 11, 2012

D800/E is a wonderful camera. It is fast (focus), and has 100% viewfinder. It has highest resolution currently in Nikon's family. The AWB is improved, and the color is more neutral than predecessor. The color tone is second generation from Nikon. Hence, if you compare with D700/D3 etc, last generation is more saturated / more contrast. Also, the DR of D800 is a lot better than D700. Regarding the ISO, I can say, it is a bit better than D700. But keep in mind, don't enlarge both camera at 100% to compare. You have to enlarge D700's photo at 100%, and shrink the D800's full resolution photo to match D700's 100% (not downsample the photo). You will see the noise difference. Regarding the D800/D800E, you won't see the big difference, if you don't enlarge the photo. Even you enlarge your photos, you can see D800E is a bit more sharp, but not as sharp as you excepted. I tried D800/D800E/D600 @ Nikon CS, and bought D800 finally. Indeed, the D600 is also an excellent camera!!

Problems:

well, 4fps is slow, (I don't use high speed frequently). LCD's color is greenish. Regarding the movie mode, the auto focus is slow, finally I have to use manual focus. D800 has no tiny useful WIFI adapter as D600. Regarding the buffering of D800, it took 35 seconds transfer the files to the CF card. Finally Original Hand grip is overpriced.

avbee's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
good
Flash photography (social)
excellent
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Nikon D600 Nikon D700 Nikon D800 Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads