Little piece of joy.

Started Oct 18, 2012 | User reviews
Denver Wedding Photographers
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Little piece of joy.
Oct 18, 2012

Before the RX100, most P&S cameras were either too big to be with me all the time, or too pathetic in picture quality to be used for anything I really wanted to keep. This has changed that game. For the first time, I am totally satisfied with the way it behaves for IQ. Granted, I am not shooting events or studio with this (yet), but it comes close to being up for even that task in the right hands.

I have shot about 600+ images to date (6weeks), and keep being pleasantly surprised by the images I am getting (not because I am a great photographer either).

It responds admirably to the needs of most pro's, IMO, yet keeps it simple enough to appeal to the "I just want a quick snap" functionality that I crave so often.

So why 4.5 stars?….

This >>>

While I don't care much about the look of a camera, especially not a P&S, I do care that it fits the hand and feels good to work with. The RX100 does its job in just about every way, except this. I have purchased a Richard Franiac grip for it, and that has made it feel right enough.

If it were not for the weird handling that it comes with, I would count this as the perfect P&S for anyone willing to spend the $$ to get it.

Great work Sony.

Problems:

Very slightly soft top right hand corner when shot at 100mm eq. FL and wide open (f4.9). Stopped to F5.6 or less, gets it to a great place though.

Denver Wedding Photographers's gear list:Denver Wedding Photographers's gear list
Nikon D7100
Denver Wedding Photographers's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
good
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
good
Low light (without flash)
okay
Flash photography (social)
mediocre
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Panasonic Lumix DMC-F5 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads