Not perfect, but not many better.

Started Dec 6, 2012 | User reviews
cuelho1
New MemberPosts: 7Gear list
Like?
Not perfect, but not many better.
Dec 6, 2012

I bought the X-E1 because I can't stand using the rear LCD of digital cameras, I need to look through the finder to feel connected. I also wanted something small as I found I didn't use my SLR very often any more because of size.
I can't be botherd using raw as I have better things to do with my time. but I wanted the versatility of interchangable lenses that are reasonably fast. and of superior quality. I love the idea of the Nex 7, but most lenses are rubbish unless you pay a fortune for the Carl Zeiss. I waited ages for the EOS M and was totally dissapointed. 2/3rd sensors are too small, let alone the Nikon and Pentax ones.
This camera is not perfect, far from it, but no camera is.
The Jpg's straight out of this camera are nothing short of amazing. The lenses I have (35 f1.4 and 18-55 f2.8-4) are super sharp and produce superb pics. I was a Fuji user with film cameras, and must admit, love having the same film simulations with digital. Great pictures all the way to 1600 ISO and beyond.
Can't wait for the 14mm f2.8 and 23mm f1.4, the 55-200 zoom will be great also.
Every camera is a compromise, and the X-E1 is no exception, but I love it and can't find a better one that suits me.
Did I mention the great lenses and Jpg quality?

Problems:

A bit slow to focus, a bit slow with buit in flash, sometimes picks too slow a shutter speed in aperture priority with auto ISO.

cuelho1's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
acceptable
Action / sports
weak
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
great
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
mediocre
Studio / still life
unrated
= community average
Fujifilm X-E1 Sony Alpha NEX-7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads