RAW letdown

Started Dec 20, 2012 | User reviews
rhackel
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
RAW letdown
Dec 20, 2012

After months of anticipation based upon glowing pre-reviews from Dpreview, my X-E1 arrived a week ago, and today I am returning it back to the store. Evidently the trans-x sensor is proving difficult for Adobe and other vendors to translate correctly, which results in a "watercolor effect" within the tonal details. (No other processing is done to the image.) And this has been a problem since the X-Pro 1 was released almost a year ago? I'll wait until I hear this has been fixed because otherwise the camera is almost useless to me. Other than that (big) issue, I really like all of its features and handling! I didn't think I'd like the electronic viewfinder, but while not perfect, it does very well, and I don't have to wear reading glasses to see the image.

RAW images seem to process well with Fuji's Silkypix software, but it's clunky, and I don't want to change my workflow for one camera. I hope Fuji fixes this problem. It's a nice camera otherwise.

(I posted this on the camera description website already, and then saw this more appropriate forum)

rhackel's score
Average community score
Fujifilm X-E1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads