Best 4/3 without a doubt, very minor cons

Started Jan 7, 2013 | User reviews
moscos
New MemberPosts: 6Gear list
Like?
Best 4/3 without a doubt, very minor cons
Jan 7, 2013

I own the Panasonic GF1, Olympus EP-3 and the Panasonic GX1, and several prime lenses. While the lenses have gotten really good, I felt the M4/3 format was not really progressing much after its early promise, both the EP-3 and the GX1 were disappointing to me.

This camera finally delivers on this promise and in my opinion is the perfect M4/3 body in almost every way.

PROS: The censor's overall and high iso performance, really great manual controls (love the two top dials), almost complete control of button/dial functions, autofocus speed, in body image stabilization, built in evf and swivel screen, a really beautiful retro yet modern design.

Problems:

Only minor problems I've found:
- The on/off switch's placement and design makes it hard to activate (I prefer the GX1's for example, which is hard to trigger by accident but easy to turn on/off even in the dark and without changing the hand grip)
- The EVF screen resolution/clarity could use an upgrade
- The play/fn1 buttons are a bit hard to use, especially if you have large fingers or gloves on.
- Typical Olympus system menus could be a lot better.

moscos's gear list:moscos's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Olympus PEN E-P3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 +4 more
moscos's score
Average community score
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads