Dream Camera... Almost

Started Jan 14, 2013 | User reviews
Shamatt
Forum MemberPosts: 97Gear list
Like?
Dream Camera... Almost
Jan 14, 2013

I have been an avid SLR user for 25 years, more recently DSLR. I could never afford a larger format, and I'm a hobbyist, so for me an SLR was the one to have. But I have always seem my friends with their little point and shoots, and envied the portability! This camera is exactly what I was thinking about all these years - works like an SLR, fits in my pocket. Brilliant!

First up - image quality - I can't fault it. Even at high ISO it's fabulous.

It's easy to use in any mode, and you can actually trust the intelligent auto to get a very decent result 99% off the time. You just need to remember it might take multiple shots, so wait for it to compete! What makes this camera for me is that I can use it like an SLR, I have full control over all the P A S M modes, and thanks to the fact I can customise several buttons on the back, and the control ring round the lens, this is easy to do. I am also pleased to see that program shift has been included, something lacking from my Sony SLR!

Access to the stuff I use a lot and want to get to quick is easy through the Fn button - I can add almost any 7 functions - WB, ISO, Metering mode etc - all the things I want to get to quick when out taking pics. Great!

I also love the MR function, where I can store up to 3 camera setups, complete almost, and recall them quickly at any time. I have one set up for high contrast B&W, which includes NR settings and everything! Another is for my wife, set up the way she likes to use the camera. These are a great idea, and time saver.

So, I couldn't be happier!

Problems:

Not really a problem, but as with any dream, there could be a couple of additions: An ND filter! Faster aperture through the zoom range, tilting screen? Perhaps, but would it still have fit in my pocket?
I would have liked to see it come with a manual, and an external battery charger.

Shamatt's score
Average community score
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads