Excellent Wedding and Portrait Camera

Started Feb 1, 2013 | User reviews
TheApprentice
New MemberPosts: 3
Like?
Excellent Wedding and Portrait Camera
Feb 1, 2013

I purchased this camera about a month ago and have taken several hundred photos. I have combiled this camera with the Tamron 24-70 F:2.8 VC because I need the VC. I absolutely love this camera and lens combo. the photos are crisp with excellent color and contrast. I can easily shoot at 1600 ISO without any noise. The noise becomes aparant at 3200ISO, but barely. Together with the Tamron 24-70 VC, I have not encountered a situation that required a higher ISO that 1600 (indoor wedding, dimly lit). I ooriginally thought about the D800E, but decided against it because I shoot people and on several occassions, they wear pattern clothing which could result in moire. This would be horrid in a wedding situation. The photos are so crisp and sharp even at a 20x24 enlargement. I am so thrilled with this camera. The reason I gave it a 4.5 is because of the 4fps and extremely large files.

I've only tested the video once and it was great, but I didn't buy this camera for the video.

Problems:

-Only 4fps
-Large files-I get about 300 photos (raw+jpeg) on a 32 gb card

TheApprentice's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
excellent
Action / sports
unrated
Landscapes / scenery
unrated
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
great
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Nikon D800E
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Seek Studios
New MemberPosts: 1Gear list
Like?
Re: Excellent Wedding and Portrait Camera
In reply to TheApprentice, 2 months ago

How do you like the Tamron lenses? I have both the 24-70 VC and 70-200 VC tamron us both for weddings and fashion.

Have you used the Nikon equivalent versions to make comparisons? I would love to here your opinion on the lenses paired with the D800.

I use D800 & D600

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads