The best camera I ever owned

Started Feb 17, 2013 | User reviews
Wintergreen
Regular MemberPosts: 116Gear list
Like?
The best camera I ever owned
Feb 17, 2013

I don't give it 5 stars because of 2 points : The built that is bot as good as the 40D that I had and the autofocus that is loosy as soon as you shooting any fast moving object (manageable). Other than that, it's a beast.

The image quality is stellar, it's compact and ergonomic (the handgrip is perfect). The low iso is incredible when you never shot with a full frame before and the viewfinder is big and clear. Well it's a full frame so all that was to be expected, but still it's a great pleasure for me.
I gave the only defects in the beginning, other than that, I really don't see anything wrong with this camera.

One last thing : to have your 50 behave like a 50 is a big thing, personally, I'm rediscovering the pleasure to use primes over zoom.

Problems:

The build that is so so and the autofocus that is cheap for such an expensive camera.

Wintergreen's gear list:Wintergreen's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 28-105mm f/3.5-4.5 II USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +7 more
Wintergreen's score
Average community score
bad for good for
Kids / pets
okay
Action / sports
mediocre
Landscapes / scenery
excellent
Portraits
excellent
Low light (without flash)
excellent
Flash photography (social)
mediocre
Studio / still life
excellent
= community average
Canon EOS 40D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads