jcmarfilph
Senior MemberPosts: 7,592Gear list
Like?
Re: Reviews, hands-on, samples of HS50 Part V
In reply to Sagans Hus, Mar 16, 2013

Sagans Hus wrote:

tom1234567 wrote:

Sagans Hus wrote:

It is very clear from all the images that have appeared here and also from the only test that has been made, the HS50 has poor sharpness at the telephoto position. That you deny this is the right ridiculous.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/6174/fujifilm-finepix-hs50exr-50x-zoom-superzoom-camera-review
your friend
/ Kim

As Joms said what planet are you on.

The Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR represents a definite step forward for the series, at times pushing towards a giant leap. The positives are clear: there's a more responsive autofocus system than before that's now always engaged even at the longest of focal lengths, alongside improved image quality and the eminently usable design.

I need say no more

Tom G

-- hide signature --

I'm a 30yr old trapped in a 62yr old body

It is better than previous models, just as it should be, but the test also shows weaknesses in telephoto shooting. Just like I said.
your friend
/ Kim

What weakness? Like this?

Smeary, ugly base ISO-100 shot with methane sky lol. At more than 600mm, HS50 will eat your FZ200 alive.

-=[ Joms ]=-

jcmarfilph's gear list:jcmarfilph's gear list
Fujifilm X20 Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,210
Like?
In reply to jcmarfilph, Mar 16, 2013

Joms, it's time to take your medicine.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,584Gear list
Like?
Re: snowing here on long island awesome
In reply to tom1234567, Mar 16, 2013

lol people take things so seriously, you'd think you dissed their family or something.  Just a camera worth a few hundred folks, we all know the turnover rate with cameras- I buy a new one every three years or so, so it's no use getting attached to what we have right now, in a few years we'll all have new and better toys anyway.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
tom1234567
Regular MemberPosts: 303Gear list
Like?
In reply to alexisgreat, Mar 16, 2013

alexisgreat wrote:

lol people take things so seriously, you'd think you dissed their family or something. Just a camera worth a few hundred folks, we all know the turnover rate with cameras- I buy a new one every three years or so, so it's no use getting attached to what we have right now, in a few years we'll all have new and better toys anyway.

-- hide signature --

Yes alexisgreat I agree with u  a new toy next year

Tom G

-- hide signature --

tom1234567's gear list:tom1234567's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM | C
PAUL TILL
Like?

alexisgreat wrote:

lol people take things so seriously, you'd think you dissed their family or something. Just a camera worth a few hundred folks, we all know the turnover rate with cameras- I buy a new one every three years or so, so it's no use getting attached to what we have right now, in a few years we'll all have new and better toys anyway.

-- hide signature --

+1

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

paulsinclair73
Junior MemberPosts: 38
Like?

alexisgreat wrote:

-- hide signature --

Same here. I bought the HS10 when it came out and the 50 is a step up. 3 year's time there'll be an HS80/90 and we can all have the same discussion.

Some people need to stop the tit-for-tat nonsense that is going to max this thread out again.

Blind fundamental arguments tend to get absolutely nowhere and this one is definitely following that trend.

Objectively there really is not the difference in IQ that our two main antagonists maintain. It is negligible. Some will like the fact that one is f2.8 all the way. Some will like the fast af, manual twist zoom and shot time of the other. That's it. Some like their steak cooked rare, others like it ruined. That's the upshot of having imagination and being capable of forming preferences.

If you those two don't pack it in they'll be the only ones on this thread because everyone else will have found something better to do.

Sagans Hus
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?

jcmarfilph wrote:

Sagans Hus wrote:

tom1234567 wrote:

Sagans Hus wrote:

It is very clear from all the images that have appeared here and also from the only test that has been made, the HS50 has poor sharpness at the telephoto position. That you deny this is the right ridiculous.
http://www.pocket-lint.com/review/6174/fujifilm-finepix-hs50exr-50x-zoom-superzoom-camera-review
your friend
/ Kim

As Joms said what planet are you on.

The Fujifilm FinePix HS50EXR represents a definite step forward for the series, at times pushing towards a giant leap. The positives are clear: there's a more responsive autofocus system than before that's now always engaged even at the longest of focal lengths, alongside improved image quality and the eminently usable design.

I need say no more

Tom G

-- hide signature --

It is better than previous models, just as it should be, but the test also shows weaknesses in telephoto shooting. Just like I said.
your friend
/ Kim

What weakness? Like this?

Smeary, ugly base ISO-100 shot with methane sky lol. At more than 600mm, HS50 will eat your FZ200 alive.

-=[ Joms ]=-

It's a very sharp image considering that I have been using the digital zoom, which I already told you.
your friend
/ Kim

Sagans Hus's gear list:Sagans Hus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Alpha NEX-5
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,584Gear list
Like?
Re: heavy snow in NYC roads are snowcovered now during the parade

funny to see all this snow during the st patty's day parade in nyc- hopefully some of you can see what it looks like on tv at least!

-- hide signature --

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
KJaay
Senior MemberPosts: 3,179Gear list
Like?
In reply to MitchyK7, Mar 16, 2013

Thank you, we are starting to see what the HS50 can do! For ISO 800 and 3200 I think the shots are awsome.

-- hide signature --

KJ

KJaay's gear list:KJaay's gear list
Canon PowerShot S3 IS Fujifilm X-S1 Canon EOS 450D
MitchyK7
Regular MemberPosts: 131
Like?

Yes i took that shot and thought for ISO 800 it's very good. So I thought i'd better post it here for those saying this camera is no good at 400 never mind 800!

MitchyK7
Like?
In reply to KJaay, Mar 16, 2013

Yeah the ISO 3200 one was much better than i expected. A little mushy, but i wouldn't say smeared. It was low light handlheld too!

Francis Carver
Senior MemberPosts: 1,093
Like?
Fuji HS50 EXR using its manual zoom ring in video

I would like to find someone who has the HS50 EXR camera on a tripod and using a video fluid head, I would very much like to find out if you are able to pull zoom with it smoothly from one end to the other? That is, turn the zoom ring from 24mm to 1000mm and back while you are recording video. Someone on You Tube reported from the U.K. that the lens is all plastic and there is immense friction in turning the telescoping zoom lens by the manual zoom ring. He said that he simply cannot see this lens being able to be used in video mode while trying to zoom into and out of the subject.

In that case, the SL1000 with its 50x servo zoom and amazing 24mm to 1200mm reach that can be controlled via a servo switch on 2 different locations (on the lens and also on the topside of the camera) might be a better alternative for Fujifilm video shooters who want to zoom into and out of the subject while in the middle of a take. Of course, the lens quality with a 50X Finepix is not going to be any better then the lens quality with a 42x Finepix would be, it's just you should be able to operate the zoom lever much easier than the manual ring.

MitchyK7
Like?
Re: Fuji HS50 EXR using its manual zoom ring in video
In reply to Francis Carver, Mar 16, 2013

I've replied in your other thread francis.

PAUL TILL
Like?
Re: Fuji HS50 EXR using its manual zoom ring in video
In reply to Francis Carver, Mar 16, 2013

Francis Carver wrote:

I would like to find someone who has the HS50 EXR camera on a tripod and using a video fluid head, I would very much like to find out if you are able to pull zoom with it smoothly from one end to the other? That is, turn the zoom ring from 24mm to 1000mm and back while you are recording video. Someone on You Tube reported from the U.K. that the lens is all plastic and there is immense friction in turning the telescoping zoom lens by the manual zoom ring. He said that he simply cannot see this lens being able to be used in video mode while trying to zoom into and out of the subject.

In that case, the SL1000 with its 50x servo zoom and amazing 24mm to 1200mm reach that can be controlled via a servo switch on 2 different locations (on the lens and also on the topside of the camera) might be a better alternative for Fujifilm video shooters who want to zoom into and out of the subject while in the middle of a take. Of course, the lens quality with a 50X Finepix is not going to be any better then the lens quality with a 42x Finepix would be, it's just you should be able to operate the zoom lever much easier than the manual ring.

If it's anything like the lens on the HS30 I had, it would be useless for video. I think the HS series lenses are only for going from wide to tele in one go, trying to stop them anywhere in between is a nightmare they are so stiff with very jerky operation.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

Danielepaolo
Senior MemberPosts: 4,256
Like?
In reply to paulsinclair73, Mar 16, 2013

paulsinclair73 wrote:

ok so it shows up the right way round at 100%. weird.

Peter. Check software on your computer. You might have auto rotate on.

-- hide signature --

Apologies if my lack of photographic knowledge is catching.

Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,252
Like?

jcmarfilph wrote:

Midwest wrote:

jcmarfilph wrote:

LTZ470 wrote:

have average IQ and will not separate each other from another by mile. These stupid reviewers and are exaggerating their awards to make it look like one camera is vastly superior than another. You can link your non-Fuji shots here but don't post endlessly and say it has better IQ than Fuji camera.

-=[ Joms ]=-

No, I think you are delusional again, you keep posting that same poor Lion shot from the FZ200, and I keep posting photos showing that that is ONE bad photo you picked out to denounce the FZ200 and make it look worse than it is...

Nope you are. Do you want me to post again your smeary bird shots?

Anyone can take crappy shots with any camera. If you want to argue whether HIS shots are bad then fine. He supplied them. But for the lion shot, it's bogus to provide his side of the debate with lousy pics, claim that they are typical, and declare yourself the winner. I could find rotten shots taken with any camera, but that proves nothing - unless I try to represent them as the camera's best just to win an argument. Or are you claiming that awful lion photo is the best the Panny can do? You know better.

It's called intellectual dishonesty.

You did not get the point either. These bunch of fools are always saying how bad is the HS camera and that its IQ is nowhere near the FZ quality. They are dead wrong, I will post that lion and tons of horrible shots from FZ to prove that FZ is no different than the HS that they are degrading. Regardless if it has a constant mushy lens or not.

-=[ Joms ]=-

I hadn't realized the lion photo was posted here further up the thread. I would agree, it's awful.  Still it's nowhere near the best the camera can do, obviously wasn't well taken, and shouldn't be held up as a real example.

Everyone should post the shots they think makes their point about their own camera. That's the only way to really debate it. When someone posts shots and says 'these from my camera are good' they are fair game for picking apart.

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,252
Like?

tom1234567 wrote:

PerH wrote:

What is this thread about? I think it has got out of hand completely. As I see it, it's a struggle between Fuji HS50 vs Panny FZ200. Both cameras have their advantages and shortcomings. Right now it seems to be very low and childish level here ..... just my opinion.....

/PerH

It is a Sat afternoon just a bit of fun,

I think we can not be serious all the time,

chill out let your hair down if you have any LOL

There is a child in all of us, except the high and mighty ones just my opinion.....?????<<<<:::@@''+)*%£$!!!!!!!????? LOL

Tom G

I think I'm going to go into the business of selling pennants, beanies and insignia sweaters.

tom1234567
Regular MemberPosts: 303Gear list
Like?
In reply to Midwest, Mar 16, 2013

Midwest wrote:

tom1234567 wrote:

PerH wrote:

What is this thread about? I think it has got out of hand completely. As I see it, it's a struggle between Fuji HS50 vs Panny FZ200. Both cameras have their advantages and shortcomings. Right now it seems to be very low and childish level here ..... just my opinion.....

/PerH

It is a Sat afternoon just a bit of fun,

I think we can not be serious all the time,

chill out let your hair down if you have any LOL

There is a child in all of us, except the high and mighty ones just my opinion.....?????<<<<:::@@''+)*%£$!!!!!!!????? LOL

Tom G

I think I'm going to go into the business of selling pennants, beanies and insignia sweaters.

.I Thought that's what you already do????????????????????

selling pennants, beanies and insignia sweaters

-- hide signature --

tom1234567's gear list:tom1234567's gear list
Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 Tamron AF 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di LD Macro Sigma 105mm F2.8 EX DG Macro Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC Macro OS HSM | C
Tim39
Senior MemberPosts: 2,866
Like?
In reply to alexisgreat, Mar 17, 2013

alexisgreat wrote:

We should actually be comparing cameras of equivalent long range focal lengths- that is, this should be about Fuji HS50 vs Canon HX50 vs Nikon P510/520 vs Sony HX300. The Panny and X-S1 shouldn't be considered in the same category.

-- hide signature --

There you go again...with all that rationality.  Such an approach will never fly here.

-- hide signature --

Tim

Sagans Hus
Forum MemberPosts: 59Gear list
Like?
In reply to Tim39, Mar 17, 2013

It's up to each one to determine if there is enough 24x zoom and the ability to TC or 40x to 50x zoom is a must.
As I see it outweighs the strength of aperture f/2.8 more than well the shorter zoom.
your friend
/ Kim

Sagans Hus's gear list:Sagans Hus's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX2 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Sony Alpha NEX-5
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads