Epson 3880 printing problems in Mac OS 10.7

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions
Marde
New MemberPosts: 20
Like?
Epson 3880 printing problems in Mac OS 10.7
Mar 14, 2013

I am hoping someone else besides me is struggling to get their formerly trust Epson printer (mine is the Stylus Pro 3880) to print in Lion.  I was slow to update the OS out of just this kind of concern. I've downloaded the latest driver from Epson numerous times, did the recommended software update from Apple regarding printing in Lion, and still - no luck.  Most of the error messages seem to focus on paper feed problems, but the paper isn't jamming. Periodically, it works just long enough to convince me that the issue is one of compatibility between driver and software, but I've exhausted my DIY research and problem solving.  If it helps, the specific error message I've encountered most often is, "Service Call Error 1601. Please contact the repair center." After turning the printer off, unplugging USB cable and power plug, deleting the driver in the Print and Scan window, then reinstalling - sometimes it acts like it's going to work.  Prints a perfect nozzle check without a problem, a small test print - fine.  Then suddenly, back to ground zero.  At my wits end, hoping for some sage and seasoned advice!

Danny Michael
New MemberPosts: 22
Like?
Re: Epson 3880 printing problems in Mac OS 10.7
In reply to Marde, Mar 14, 2013

Error 1601 is the paper width sensor malfunctioning. Take it to a service center.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
FriggyKeith
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to Danny Michael, 8 months ago

Re 1601 error msg:

Just completed my return request to local Epson service after seeing above error code. Needed serial number. Moved printer through 90 Degrees to view #. Took number, returned printer to correct position turned on  - msg gone! (Maybe for the moment only but…..)

jchaden
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
In reply to FriggyKeith, 5 months ago

My problems were solved by choosing A3 as a print size for 13x19 rather than creating a new custom size. Prints fine now.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads