Wait another stinking week?!

Started Mar 14, 2013 | Discussions
den did
Regular MemberPosts: 139
Like?
Wait another stinking week?!
Mar 14, 2013

Most of the sites now show the D7100 not shipping until March 21. Rats, I want what I want when I want it now I have to wait (im)patiently another week at least.

Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
VinnieJ
Regular MemberPosts: 232
Like?
Re: Wait another stinking week?!
In reply to den did, Mar 14, 2013

I saw Adorama says the 21st and B&H says the 14th.  Amazon's page turned from the 14th to OOS.  What other sites changed?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
San Carlos Studios
Regular MemberPosts: 128Gear list
Like?
In reply to VinnieJ, Mar 14, 2013

I wonder if Nikon is shipping out to the local retailers before they ship out to the large online retailers like B&H and Amazon.

I would rather buy from my local store and I have my name on their list, so I'm hopping that they give me a call by Friday or Saturday.

San Carlos Studios's gear list:San Carlos Studios's gear list
Nikon D750 Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G
Bailey151
Senior MemberPosts: 1,116
Like?
In reply to San Carlos Studios, Mar 14, 2013

San Carlos Studios wrote:

I wonder if Nikon is shipping out to the local retailers before they ship out to the large online retailers like B&H and Amazon.

Doubt it, large customers get priority service - the same in any business.

Emailed Adorama about, no reply as yet.

walthamjohn
Forum MemberPosts: 77
Like?
In reply to Bailey151, Mar 14, 2013

Newtonville camera had the bodies in today  and are almost sold out  but i did see the camers there

-- hide signature --

John J Crookes shooting Nikon since 59

scokill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768Gear list
Like?
In reply to walthamjohn, Mar 14, 2013

Going to pick mine up at local camera store this afternoon.

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
photoreddi
Senior MemberPosts: 4,653
Like?
This really stinks!

den did wrote:

Most of the sites now show the D7100 not shipping until March 21. Rats, I want what I want when I want it now I have to wait (im)patiently another week at least.

You have it easy compared to my plight. I want the D7200 to be my upgrade so I'll be waiting another couple of years for that model. Not only that, rumor has it that by that time we'll discover that the D7100 was the last of the line, and the D5400 will be positioned as Nikon's flagship DX camera.

Believe it or not. Or not. Or not. Or not ...

thomas2279f
Senior MemberPosts: 2,468Gear list
Like?

Good news when you get one it will be later batches.

thomas2279f's gear list:thomas2279f's gear list
Sony RX100 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Nikon D7100 Canon EOS 70D +46 more
Bailey151
Like?
In reply to thomas2279f, Mar 14, 2013

Notice the Adorama web site has a "shipping on a limited basis", haven't updated my order (first day available) & won't respond to emails.

Thanks Fail-o-rama. Should known nothing with them will ever change.

Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?

den did wrote:

You think that's a long wait. I've got to wait about a year to see if this camera model develops any deal-breaker issues, and for the price to come down

Fortunately I like my D90s (and even my old carry with me everywhere D70).

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

Orrin
Forum MemberPosts: 63
Like?

My local Nikon dealer just sent notice that I'll receive my D7100 tomorrow.

-- hide signature --

Orrin
So many projects, so little time.

Nikonworks
Senior MemberPosts: 2,202
Like?
In reply to Orrin, Mar 14, 2013

Amazon had 'Shipping March 14th'.  Now they have Out Of Stock.

If I find it else where I will cancel and re-order.

herbymel
Senior MemberPosts: 3,997Gear list
Like?
In reply to Nikonworks, Mar 14, 2013

It'll get here soon enough...it's not like waiting for your first baby to be born, and you won't have to change it's diapers, just it's lens, although it could have back-focus issues.

Jim Kaye
Senior MemberPosts: 2,599Gear list
Like?
In reply to herbymel, Mar 14, 2013

Just got email from B & H that mine is shipping today (body only).  I pre-ordered within hours of Nikon's announcement.  Had just passed my D7000 along to my son (who is more of a videographer than I am). Nikon fixed the only two things I didn't like about it -- the position of the video-on button (which I always felt got in the way of my using the AF-L button to initiate autofocus), and the lack of an OK button one-step zoom during review (like on Nikon's other higher-priced bodies).  Oh, and the 24 MP sensor with no OLPF also sounded like a good upgrade, too.  Can't wait to receive it and try it out!

-- hide signature --

Jim Kaye 'I believe that the electronic image will be the next major advance. Such systems will have their own inherent and inescapable structural characteristics, and the artist and functional practitioner will again strive to comprehend and control them.' -- Ansel Adams, 1981

Jim Kaye's gear list:Jim Kaye's gear list
Nikon D750
GlennW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,412Gear list
Like?
In reply to Sammy Yousef, Mar 14, 2013

Sammy Yousef wrote:

den did wrote:

You think that's a long wait. I've got to wait about a year to see if this camera model develops any deal-breaker issues, and for the price to come down

Fortunately I like my D90s (and even my old carry with me everywhere D70).

-- hide signature --

Sammy.
My forum postings reflect my own opinions and not those of my employer. I'm not employed in the photo business.

You don't have to wait that long. Price has dropped $100 for body + 18-105 kit lens.

Makes you wonder if March 15, Nikon will announce another camera + lens deals to go with the current lens only deals. You did stock up on a FX 50 1.8G @ $199.

-- hide signature --

I Shoot RAW

GlennW's gear list:GlennW's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +4 more
scokill
Senior MemberPosts: 1,768Gear list
Like?
In reply to herbymel, Mar 14, 2013

No back focus issues so far, but I haven't put it through paces.  I'll try tungsten tonight.  It has very sharp OOC jpegs, haven't had time for raws.

scokill's gear list:scokill's gear list
Nikon D610 Nikon Df Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D +1 more
bryand7k
Regular MemberPosts: 409Gear list
Like?
Re: Wait another stinking week?! Canada too
In reply to den did, Mar 15, 2013

Just checked with my dealer and Nikon confirmed Mar.21 ..

oh well ... those getting it now or soon and fill up with reviews etc.   .... hurry up .. eh!

bryand7k's gear list:bryand7k's gear list
Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Nikon AF-S DX Micro Nikkor 40mm F2.8 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/4G ED VR Tamron SP 150-600mm F/5-6.3 Di VC USD
Sammy Yousef
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,416Gear list
Like?
In reply to GlennW, Mar 15, 2013

GlennW wrote:

Makes you wonder if March 15, Nikon will announce another camera + lens deals to go with the current lens only deals. You did stock up on a FX 50 1.8G @ $199.

I'm in Australia. Price for this lens here is about $270 for an Australian copy. I have the 1.8d and that's good enough for me for now.

-- hide signature --

Sammy.

JerryDavis
Contributing MemberPosts: 916
Like?
In reply to Bailey151, Mar 15, 2013

Bailey151 wrote:

Notice the Adorama web site has a "shipping on a limited basis", haven't updated my order (first day available) & won't respond to emails.

Sorry to hear you never got a reply....please email me your order # so I can look into it.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum Adorama-Supervisor

Bailey151
Like?
In reply to JerryDavis, Mar 15, 2013

JerryDavis wrote:

Bailey151 wrote:

Sorry to hear you never got a reply....please email me your order # so I can look into it.

-- hide signature --

Jerry Greenbaum Adorama-Supervisor

Thanks, I finally did get an answer........I guess you folks were a bit overwhelmed - combine that with my impatience = a bit of embarrassment on my part

Tried to withdraw my post but it won't let me, which is a bummer as sometimes information changes past the 15 minute (or whatever it is) limit.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads