D600 Repair Experience: Mike's Camera

Started Mar 13, 2013 | Discussions
Prairie Pal
Senior MemberPosts: 2,178Gear list
Like?
Re: D600 Repair Experience: Mike's Camera
In reply to Tsan, Mar 14, 2013

I bought a refurbished unit and the shutter count was 7. I thought that was unusual for a refurbished unit. And based on another post about a shutter replacement and the color of the mirror assembly was copper, mine is the same color. So I guess my refurb unit had a shutter replacement. I just did a high key shoot at f11 and f16 of over 1000 shots and did not notice any dusts spots. which my other Nikon D2x had a lot.

Tsan

Thanks Tsan, I'm beginning to feel encouraged by this and Lucky's experience.  I love everything else about my D600, and I bought it with full intentions of it being the last DSLR I would buy for a very long time.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
wireless
Regular MemberPosts: 453Gear list
Like?
In reply to axcentphoto, Mar 14, 2013

axcentphoto wrote:

When I decided to jump from DX to FX, I was a little leery about making this purchase online, given the problems I had read here about the D800. So I went to Mike's in Denver, they gave me the applicable discounts and 2 months later I'm still quite happy. And when I have a 'user error' problem. Jonathan is quite delighted to point out that I should RTFM...Brent

I bought from the local Ritz camera here a camera or two because I went in to see and feel out the cameras.  Got one I didn't like and went back and the location was closed.  The other location wasn't that helpful.  There's Southeastern Camera here which is very good.  Anything I go in the store to see or get help with I'll buy there, even with 9% sales tax but for the most part I'm buying online now.

David

wireless's gear list:wireless's gear list
Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G +2 more
Lucky Sky
Senior MemberPosts: 1,554
Like?
In reply to axcentphoto, Mar 15, 2013

RTFM...........how to make a grown man feel stupid by way of one small acronym.

-- hide signature --

Lucky Sky
I'd rather be lucky than good

Lucky Sky
Senior MemberPosts: 1,554
Like?
Re:Updated D600 Repair Experience: Mike's Camera
In reply to Lucky Sky, Apr 7, 2013

I'm very pleased (and relieved) to report that my D600, repaired by the Nikon Los Angeles Repair Facility, continues to be completely oil free and 99% dust free.

This statement comes after I tested the D600 today at 300 shots after repair, 50 of which were made one month ago with CL shutter action and those 50 were pointed straight upwards to the sky.

The primary fix made by Nikon was to replace the shutter assembly.

Moderators: with your indulgence, this report will be posted on two other threads where I made my initial assessment of Nikon's repair job about a month ago.

-- hide signature --

Lucky Sky
I'd rather be lucky than good

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads