Why do I post here? Locked

Started Mar 9, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
Usee
Senior MemberPosts: 1,530Gear list
Re: A Few Quotes....
In reply to Laurence Matson, Mar 12, 2013

Laurence Matson wrote:

But, deletions makes it difficult to go back to find evidence of one thing or another. And since so many (Laurence included) treated the man nicely.

But with your crack memory, you should remember all of the stuff deleted, which does not happen anymore. They just lock the threads. Deleting was done in the days of the older persona.

Laurence You are to often wrong...

...rethoric skill and a broad education can't substitute the truth -

neither in Your, nor in another universe.

-

The most stupid thing that can happen is a autosuggestiv succesful leader - don't You think?

-

You know,

what Richard wrote:

"I don't like to take direct orders from anyone. What I post is what I feel and believe. No politics, no vested interests. Why are you trying to put a barrier in regard to Yvind postings? I'm not under NDA agreement with anybody or anyone."

...could be written by me.

-

P.S.:

Since when do You have a well working color management - I mean a color management that is not only working within Your own workflow, but also working when exchanging files for common work at different screens and printer?

This was probably the missing base around 3 years ago, don't You think?

-- hide signature --

Envy is the highest form of recognition.
Stop to run, start to think.
Think twice - that doubles the fun!
Your world is as big, as Your mind.
Avoid to have only one point of view!
Uli

Laurence Matson
Forum ProPosts: 11,205Gear list
Re: Imaginings
In reply to Richard Franiec, Mar 12, 2013

Richard,

I will have to be brief.

You seem not to have read everything Øyvind has written. I was the one who correct his blog on the SD14 way back then. There may have been a long spell when I did not post here much for personal reasons, but I think I have read this forum as well as anyone for the last 10 years. I am quite familiar with his posting history and do not even need to do the much-maligned research to do so.

What got me going here was this self-righteous moral crusade against all of the evil forces around here ganging up on poor Ron. First of all, Ron knows better than most how to defend himself the way he wants to do it. Second, he obviously had not read much at all of what Ron has done to make himself unwelcome by some. Third, ill-prepared, he set off in the dark across a cow field and stepped in one pie after the next as if he wanted to ensure some sort of cow pie bingo victory in reverse.

Like Ron, I have a low tolerance level, I guess.

Finally, I have been translating for over 30 years and well. I do not make it a practice of losing the meaning of sentences. In fact, I am often praised by the authors for the opposite. One Austrian author, whose essay on Mozart I put into English, said my text was better than hers. I did the speeches of some of the Swiss heads of state, and got the same feedback. I am pretty good at picking up voices from the written word, if I may say so. Ask Just Looking, if your memory goes back that far.

L

Richard Franiec wrote:

Laurence Matson wrote:

Richard Franiec wrote:

Laurence,

I got nothing against beta testers. In fact, I do believe that they have crucial role in discovering faults and inadequacies in any new product or prototype. There is nothing to be ashamed of to be in the position to use one's expertise in truthful evaluation of given product and pointing out areas requiring improvements. Sometimes the improvements are not possible under current state of affairs and this is understandable but denial or discounting the fault by tester is not.

Good.

What I find disturbing is the presence of the beta tester or insider on the public forum, not per se but acting in the role of manufacturer's representative, or if you like, compensated or not shill. Forcing (repeatedly) one sided views with more or less diplomatic approach including attacks on people with different perspective gives away their identity and agenda. Who benefits from such behavior? The community? Sigma? I don't believe that lashing others to submission is the way of work acceptable for great educators, which most familiar with the subject should be. I also don't believe that untruth or partial truth becomes the truth when repeated a thousand times. Maybe this approach works for some but majority of regulars on many forums (especially this one) are independent, open minded thinkers who can read between the lines or like you would phrase, separate chaff from grain.

Of the people, who I have known working more closely with Sigma or Foveon by invitation, I do not know of one person, who fits the mold you have defined. At least not consistently. Not one. I believe you are projecting a model on to people that fits some perception you have of how. More often than not, the people with an agenda are those, who are disappointed, such as Ron or Øyvind, both of whom have ranted here about their SD14s. And when they got a push back in the form of a solution, they regarded it as some aggressive attack.

Laurence, with all due respect, I have to disagree with your perception. If you have time to review the Yvind's posts, perhaps you should try to take a closer look at 180 deg direction.

If you read Hulyss's post without your filter above, I think you have a clearer portrait of what passionate people do.

You don't need the imaginary filter, only open mind.

I did read Hulyss's post, liked it and responded accordingly. Actually, Hulyss went above and beyond what typical Sigma/Foveon defender would dare to acknowledge. His admission of color problems for pre DP3M cameras is refreshing and full of hope. I'm giving him two thumbs up for being realistic, enthusiastic and truthful (with evidence to see for all).

And were you as careful a reader over the long term as you expect others to be in public with their language, you would have discovered that omission is an art form of discretion and solution-finding is motivation to speak.

Of course I was. I have noticed the omission (of responses) to some of my posts. In fact in some of the threads I was the last poster, still waiting for response. I really cannot find the fault with (offensive, if you have that in mind) language in any of them. I don't have much of spare time on mu hands so, please, forgive me for not attaching the links.

Look at the cräp Kendall has to put up with by constantly telling people that there is a solution to the battery problem with the DPxM: turn off your camera between shots. He is not avoiding the problem; he is providing a solution.

What prompted you to open this can of worms is beyond my comprehension (if I have any in your view).

Why Kendall (who I like as a person) and others are going to the desperate measures telling everyone to turn the cam off between the shots or to buy six packs of batteries from different brands because the ones from other brands are less expensive than OEM's and, after all, they don't take much space in rucksack? That is the best you could do? Is this a magic wand to make obvious problem disappear?

If some of beta testers will feed the news to Sigma that the battery life is unacceptable and you have to do something about that to at least match the common expectations and Sigma would respond with the solution, that would be something to value and remember.

For instance, the SD9 was launched 10 years ago with a funny haloing approach to solving blown highlights. Someone at Foveon probably thought this hack would fly. It was mentioned by Phil almost immediately. Since Foveon contacted some people here about possible solutions - I was not part of that - the level of criticism dropped right away while something was worked out.

Bravo!

I cannot recall any postings about a "solution is on its way" and I have been banned from researching past postings by our new moral leader Øyvind, you will have to take it on faith that this might have happened and most certainly has at other times - see recent postings on Adobe working on Sigma cameras for ACR.

Always better to make friends than enemies. Have you tried to extend your hand to Yvind and work out the differences between both of you?

I don't like terms like Sigmafia, or fanboy, plentiful on this forum and I never use them. Since you have mentioned word "Evangelist" coined by the Sigma's founder for the close circle of followers, I think that this term is more adequate, palatable and also revealing. We'll see if it sticks:-D

He did not use the term for any "close circle." He used it with reference to every Sigma user out there. And if you were to read what Kazuto has written and said in public, you would understand that he thinks the same way.

Believe it or not but I have no ill feelings toward Sigma or the way they treat their supporters. If anything, working closely with such group is natural and, possibly, beneficial. The problem starts when such circle is trying to fight back anything contrary to what they (not necessarily Sigma) think is right and correct...and possible.You alvays have better horizon (in good weather) looking down from the top of the mountain than looking up on your ceiling.

On end of this musing I wish for more civility and respect for others and their opinions if that's not too much to ask.

No problem there. Just keep your imagination under control and do not project too much on to me or others. Taking someone at face value, i.e. reading carefully what they say at different levels, is equally as important. And don't come back to me about misreading Øyvind; I have read enough of his postings over the years. And you forget, perhaps, that my expertise is not in cameras by a long shot; it is in language and reading carefully what someone has written in one language to translate it into another.

Translating is a very responsible duty(!). Sometimes the true meaning of the sentence(s) can be lost or twisted in translation.

I don't like to take direct orders from anyone. What I post is what I feel and believe. No politics, no vested interests. Why are you trying to put a barrier in regard to Yvind postings? I'm not under NDA agreement with anybody or anyone.

Take care

Richard

-- hide signature --

Laurence
laurence at appledore-farm dot com
"The fact of being reported multiplies the apparent extent of any deplorable development by five- to tenfold" (or any figure the reader would care to supply).
Barbara Tuchman, A Distant Mirror
http://www.pbase.com/lmatson
http://www.pbase.com/sigmadslr
http://www.howardmyerslaw.com

-- hide signature --

Laurence
"The fact of being reported multiplies the apparent extent of any deplorable development by five- to tenfold" (or any figure the reader would care to supply).

atom14
Senior MemberPosts: 1,319
Re: Why do I post here?
In reply to richard stone, Mar 12, 2013

richard stone wrote:

This verges on Comedy...

...We get on the forum and say what we think (in a reasonably pleasant way) and post if we have questions. Or answers. How hard is that??? So long as we have a semblance of good manners, and some level of self-awareness, all works well enough...

...trying to lecture others, ... people don't really have much to say and don't write very well either... Not to mention probably being wrong. And lacking organization in their writing...

Richard...

I don't know how to activate those little + votes, but for being essentially correct, as in the points cited, 10 + votes.

I would only say one thing... if the people don't write very well then as long as they do what they can, their points of view - however "badly" expressed - are up for valid consideration.

Thanks, for you have (at least tried) to pass an iron over some of the crumpled contributions on the forum.*

atom14.

yvind Strm
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,129
Re: Begging the question....
In reply to John Siward, Mar 12, 2013

John Siward wrote:

Laurence Matson wrote:

[snip]

And all of it at such length begs the question: Why not just say: "Chill out, folks!"

[snip]

It may raise the question, but it certainly doesn't beg the question:

http://begthequestion.info/

J.

Thanks John!

That was exactly the phrase I asked Laurence to provide.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Øyvind

Ceistinne
Regular MemberPosts: 443Gear list
In reply to Lin Evans, Mar 13, 2013

Lin Evans wrote:

None of that explains why the Sigma images are so small when compared to the D800 images. Nor does it explain why the Sigma images are processed at 180 dpi.
Is there a way to get the images to 300 dpi?

Lin.

You mean 180 PPI surely.

s

Usee
Re: We should remember this - everytime when people gather together, for some strange reason...
In reply to yvind Strm, Mar 13, 2013

yvind Strm wrote:

Yes, why can't we just sit under a tree and smell the flowers - together.

-- hide signature --

Kind regards
Øyvind

I'm sure we can!

-

However, some people can't because of envy...

...they would always "feel" that the other one has the better place under the tree...

...only if an apple drops down on the head of the other, they are confident with their own place...

...for a while...

...until the other one takes the apple...

...then they start, to want exactly that apple...

...and we all know, what happened with Apple and the idea behind - don't we?

-

Remember, it is spring - at least sometimes and it was when I took this picture,

beside a big tree, thinking on Your hint to Ferdinand the bull:

...a second time, just to remember the first time - that is what photography is about!

Thank You for that hint!

-

It is something to remember...

...maybe more than the pictures, we take with our "artistic" photo equipment...

-- hide signature --

Uli

yvind Strm
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,129
Re: Imaginings
In reply to Laurence Matson, Mar 13, 2013

Laurence Matson wrote:

Richard Franiec wrote:

Laurence,

I got nothing against beta testers. In fact, I do believe that they have crucial role in discovering faults and inadequacies in any new product or prototype. There is nothing to be ashamed of to be in the position to use one's expertise in truthful evaluation of given product and pointing out areas requiring improvements. Sometimes the improvements are not possible under current state of affairs and this is understandable but denial or discounting the fault by tester is not.

Good.

What I find disturbing is the presence of the beta tester or insider on the public forum, not per se but acting in the role of manufacturer's representative, or if you like, compensated or not shill. Forcing (repeatedly) one sided views with more or less diplomatic approach including attacks on people with different perspective gives away their identity and agenda. Who benefits from such behavior? The community? Sigma? I don't believe that lashing others to submission is the way of work acceptable for great educators, which most familiar with the subject should be. I also don't believe that untruth or partial truth becomes the truth when repeated a thousand times. Maybe this approach works for some but majority of regulars on many forums (especially this one) are independent, open minded thinkers who can read between the lines or like you would phrase, separate chaff from grain.

Of the people, who I have known working more closely with Sigma or Foveon by invitation, I do not know of one person, who fits the mold you have defined. At least not consistently. Not one. I believe you are projecting a model on to people that fits some perception you have of how. More often than not, the people with an agenda are those, who are disappointed, such as Ron or Øyvind, both of whom have ranted here about their SD14s. And when they got a push back in the form of a solution, they regarded it as some aggressive attack.

What?

I challenge you to find one place where someone has suggested a solution to the SD14 faults I have pointed out, and where I have regarded it as "some aggressive attack". That is just a lie, and you know it. I did have great respect for you, dispite our disagreements, until I read the above. You are a master of language, and arguing. You know more about Sigma cameras than anyone here. You know more about printing Foveon pictures than anyone here. That you had to resort to outright lies is more than dissapointing.

If you read Hulyss's post without your filter above, I think you have a clearer portrait of what passionate people do. And were you as careful a reader over the long term as you expect others to be in public with their language, you would have discovered that omission is an art form of discretion and solution-finding is motivation to speak.

Look at the cräp Kendall has to put up with by constantly telling people that there is a solution to the battery problem with the DPxM: turn off your camera between shots. He is not avoiding the problem; he is providing a solution.

For instance, the SD9 was launched 10 years ago with a funny haloing approach to solving blown highlights. Someone at Foveon probably thought this hack would fly. It was mentioned by Phil almost immediately. Since Foveon contacted some people here about possible solutions - I was not part of that - the level of criticism dropped right away while something was worked out. I cannot recall any postings about a "solution is on its way" and I have been banned from researching past postings by our new moral leader Øyvind, you will have to take it on faith that this might have happened and most certainly has at other times - see recent postings on Adobe working on Sigma cameras for ACR.

I don't like terms like Sigmafia, or fanboy, plentiful on this forum and I never use them. Since you have mentioned word "Evangelist" coined by the Sigma's founder for the close circle of followers, I think that this term is more adequate, palatable and also revealing. We'll see if it sticks:-D

He did not use the term for any "close circle." He used it with reference to every Sigma user out there. And if you were to read what Kazuto has written and said in public, you would understand that he thinks the same way.

On end of this musing I wish for more civility and respect for others and their opinions if that's not too much to ask.

No problem there. Just keep your imagination under control and do not project too much on to me or others. Taking someone at face value, i.e. reading carefully what they say at different levels, is equally as important. And don't come back to me about misreading Øyvind; I have read enough of his postings over the years.

You talk about the need to remove a filter, just above. Are you sure it isn't about taking on your filter instead? You have a permanent filter, which I think cannot be removed. Its called the "Attack a Sigma camera or Sigma itself, and I attack you" filter. It slowly creeps in after a while here. The only way to resist is if one have some human decency.  (From the new Moral leader, Øyvind)

And you forget, perhaps, that my expertise is not in cameras by a long shot; it is in language and reading carefully what someone has written in one language to translate it into another.

-- hide signature --

Laurence

-- hide signature --

Regards
Øyvind

One River
Regular MemberPosts: 341
Re: Return to Rationality Needed Here

I've posted here (2nd account now) for around a year and had nothing but eager people here try to help me, even given some of the mundane questions posed. The menace of the Sigmafia has been vastly overstated IMO.

I'm now wondering if Sigma is the right brand for me. Love it in many ways but not sure about the long haul. I might post some questions and comments, read the responses, sell the camera or keep it.

The important piece though is that of common courtesy and common sense. If I post a problem, I need to provide an image to help you help me. I can't go to the mechanic and tell him about a sound I hear in the engine but refuse to bring the car.

Laurence Matson
Forum ProPosts: 11,205Gear list
In reply to Usee, Mar 13, 2013

Usee wrote:

Laurence Matson wrote:

But, deletions makes it difficult to go back to find evidence of one thing or another. And since so many (Laurence included) treated the man nicely.

But with your crack memory, you should remember all of the stuff deleted, which does not happen anymore. They just lock the threads. Deleting was done in the days of the older persona.

Where am I wrong there except in my irony. Have they really deleted threads lately? Have they also gone through and parsed stuff out on a general basis? I know of one instance of the latter in recent times. But, of course, I could be wrong there. In any case, there is enough evidence of Ron's past provocation to make the basis of what I stand true, imo.

-

The most stupid thing that can happen is a autosuggestiv succesful leader - don't You think?

I have no idea what that means.

-

You know,

what Richard wrote:

"I don't like to take direct orders from anyone. What I post is what I feel and believe. No politics, no vested interests. Why are you trying to put a barrier in regard to Yvind postings? I'm not under NDA agreement with anybody or anyone."

And me too. Why do you think I am pushing back at our friend from Sweden? Because I enjoy his self-righteous preaching?

-

P.S.:

Since when do You have a well working color management - I mean a color management that is not only working within Your own workflow, but also working when exchanging files for common work at different screens and printer?

This was probably the missing base around 3 years ago, don't You think?

I have no idea what you are referring to here.

I had good color management until about two years ago, when my main monitor began to go south. When it died, I could not afford to replace it and it was too expensive to upgrade my Gretag stuff, as well. So I fiddled along for about 18 months. I now have had a good monitor again since about 2 months. It works well within my system, and I can check it outside my system quickly on another computer for the Internet sRGB stuff.

Is that what you wanted to know in your PMs?

-- hide signature --

Laurence

BarrytheB
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,178
Wow

. The only way to resist is if one have some human decency.

Regards
Øyvind

That's quite dramatic- if some don't agree do thay have no human decency?

-- hide signature --

Barry Byrd
http://www.pbase.com/barryb
'Liking it ain't required'
Gary Hale
1952-2008

SandyF
Forum ProPosts: 14,875Gear list

Laurence Matson wrote:

Usee wrote:

Laurence Matson wrote:

Where am I wrong there except in my irony. Have they really deleted threads lately? Have they also gone through and parsed stuff out on a general basis? I know of one instance of the latter in recent times. But, of course, I could be wrong there. In any case, there is enough evidence of Ron's past provocation to make the basis of what I stand true, imo.

Yes, they've deleted whole subportions portions of posts and threads recently. At least one of my own was deleted along with RonJG's when he was on a rather nasty tangent to me... I had posted something to the effect that "Ron, John, Jaelkay, whatever your name, let's start over....."
That's all gone (or at least I cannot find it, and there was a notice about deletions ref my own posts). And the thread locked.

FWI I at first wondered if he were indeed the-poster-formerly-known-as-Jaelkay and doubted it initially. Then certain wording patterns and  unusual specific phrases have convinced me he is. He changed the initial profile information and email incidentally, I believe. That's why I at first 'mistook' him for a professional photographer in California, via the email he initially gave. I won't go into more detail here.
I sincerely tried to be nice and helpful, as I have to Jaelkay in the past and have been thoroughly rebuffed. Now I try not to reply to him.

Best regards, Sandy
http://www.pbase.com/sandyfleischman (archival)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/sandyfleischmann (current)

SandyF's gear list:SandyF's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Canon EOS 5D Mark II Sigma SD9 +5 more
Lin Evans
Forum ProPosts: 15,736Gear list
In reply to Ceistinne, Mar 13, 2013

That's not my writing - it's a quote from the same person. This person had no clue about how to change dpi and very little obvious knowledge of things all photographers "should" be very aware of. This was three months ago. Today he regularly "schools" skilled photographers about the quality of their photos even when not invited to do so. As you may easily see in the "Quotes" I posted, he sometimes does it in a rude way as well. And, one of his complaints was

"admit to having something of a short fuse when it comes to responding to people who attack, are dishonest or who are technically incompetent."

So in three months he has gone from not understanding the basics of image manipulation to a pseudo "expert" on photos and what is wrong with them.....

Best regards,

Lin

Ceistinne wrote:

Lin Evans wrote: (Lin Evans did not write what's below - he "quoted it")

None of that explains why the Sigma images are so small when compared to the D800 images. Nor does it explain why the Sigma images are processed at 180 dpi.
Is there a way to get the images to 300 dpi?

Lin.

You mean 180 PPI surely.

s

-- hide signature --

learntomakeslidshows.net

SigmaChrome
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,110Gear list
In reply to maple, Mar 13, 2013

maple wrote:

This is the first time I’ve ever seen someone post to justify posting here.

Apparently you’ve had dreadful experience here. Mine is exactly the opposite. I find this forum immensely helpful. Here I got answers to most of my questions, and solutions to most of my problems. I’ve even recovered hundreds of images from a disrupted hd thanks to a member of this forum who responded to my SOS post and came to my rescue. One of the salvaged photos now adorns a wall of our big office. I've learnt something from this forum, through reading many informative and insightful posts and viewing numerous images shared here, many excellent, a few mediocre. I engage in discussions which can get very heated and even frustrating, but certainly help in improving my skills and knowledge in photography.

You blame others for your being in a sorry state here. You may rightfully do that. But if your experience is not shared by too many, then perhaps you owe yourself a few moments of retrospection. As the saying goes, when someone is in a pitiful state of affairs, he/she probably deserves it.

Sorry if you find me condescending and patronizing. But just like you. I don’t want to lie.

Thanks for posting this, Maple.

I have also found a lot of useful information on this forum - and made some firm friends.

As for replying to the OP - I might point out that it's really not relevant anymore. I'm pretty certain that RonJG (alias Jael) has once again been banned. And although he may be reading all this at the moment - he can't reply until he either signs up under another alias or the ban is lifted.

Anyway, some really revealing and frankly, ugly rantings and ravings have been unearthed because of the OP. I have tried to wade through it all but I have only read about half and that was enough.

All I can say is that of all the posts in this thread, yours is stands out for its stating of simple truths. One can learn a lot here if one is prepared to listen. On the other end of the spectrum, you won't learn a thing if you don't know when to stop talking and abusing others.

-- hide signature --
 SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14 +13 more
maple
Senior MemberPosts: 2,714
In reply to SigmaChrome, Mar 13, 2013

Hi, Vitée,

No wonder he's so quiet recently. Again, he probably deserves being banned.

I'm really surprised that quite a few came to defend him.

-- hide signature --

Maple

diolus
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
In reply to maple, Mar 13, 2013

yes, defend him from the sigmafia

diolus's gear list:diolus's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +2 more
SigmaChrome
Veteran MemberPosts: 7,110Gear list
In reply to diolus, Mar 13, 2013

diolus wrote:

yes, defend him from the sigmafia

Infantile comment.

The so-called "Sigmafia" only exists in your mind. Who are they? And why do you call these figments of your imagination the Sigmafia? Is this as original as you can get?

-- hide signature --
 SigmaChrome's gear list:SigmaChrome's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2 Merrill Sony RX100 Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14 +13 more
diolus
Regular MemberPosts: 439Gear list
In reply to SigmaChrome, Mar 13, 2013

lighten up sigfather;-)

diolus's gear list:diolus's gear list
Sigma DP2 Merrill Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm f/4G ED VR +2 more
SiFu
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,413
too many "Kunstgriffe" here for my taste...

Hi!

I said that I would not respond to the OP any more and stand by that, but what both of you, Laurence and Yvind, have gone into here is one of the most superfluus examples of trying to be the one on top in the end that I have seen in a while, going through most "Kunstgriffe", including the - obviously unavoidable on forums - ad personam ever so fast, especially you, Laurence.

Since you appear to have each others mail addresses, why don't you fight this futile "battle" outside the forums, if "winning" is all so "important" to you?

Regards,

Alex

-- hide signature --

carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
=> Selected Macro Photos:
http://www.pbase.com/magma_photography/jf

whisky
Contributing MemberPosts: 663Gear list
Re: too many "Kunstgriffe" here for my taste...
In reply to SiFu, Mar 13, 2013

SiFu wrote:

Hi!

I said that I would not respond to the OP any more and stand by that, but what both of you, Laurence and Yvind, have gone into here is one of the most superfluus examples of trying to be the one on top in the end that I have seen in a while, going through most "Kunstgriffe", including the - obviously unavoidable on forums - ad personam ever so fast, especially you, Laurence.

Since you appear to have each others mail addresses, why don't you fight this futile "battle" outside the forums, if "winning" is all so "important" to you?

Regards,

Alex

-- hide signature --

carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero
=> Selected Macro Photos:
http://www.pbase.com/magma_photography/jf

Hear, Hear !!!

Never seen such a load of boring drivel in a long time even on this forum,  Get a life People !!!

Cheers.

whisky's gear list:whisky's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F450 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix 6900 Zoom Sigma SD15 Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Sigma 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 DC OS HSM +4 more
Usee
sure?

Laurence Matson wrote:

Usee wrote:

Laurence Matson wrote:

If one would collect all the provocations You and others have done in the past...

...more than a thousand Ron's were allowed to provoce a bit...

...but for some strange reason, the most annoying posts of the "Evangelists" were deleted,

or are partly written in the subject line, so that one could not quote them properly...

-

...but You know that already, so there is nothing more to explain.

-

I have no idea what that means.

sure?

-

You know,

what Richard wrote:

And me too. Why do you think I am pushing back at our friend from Sweden? Because I enjoy his self-righteous preaching?

He was and is IMHO one of the worthiest contenders in this forum - in every regard...

...You should have really taken part in this thread:

http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/thread/2850570

...it would have been helpful for Sigma, because Sigma could have shown more pleasing examples around camera announcements, than dog pictures.

-

P.S.:

Since when do You have a well working color management - I mean a color management that is not only working within Your own workflow, but also working when exchanging files for common work at different screens and printer?

This was probably the missing base around 3 years ago, don't You think?

I have no idea what you are referring to here.

sure?

I had good color management until about two years ago, when my main monitor began to go south. When it died, I could not afford to replace it and it was too expensive to upgrade my Gretag stuff, as well. So I fiddled along for about 18 months. I now have had a good monitor again since about 2 months. It works well within my system, and I can check it outside my system quickly on another computer for the Internet sRGB stuff.

Nice to hear that it works again, so I hope we can see further improvements according color rendition, as seen with the DP3M.

Is that what you wanted to know in your PMs?

No.

Because You startet to send me PMs...

...my first answer of Your first PM contains nothing more but: "sure?"

...a common way You used to answer in former times, so I thought You would understand.

-

My second PM I sent to You, in response of Your, contains nothing more than:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ferdinand,_der_Stier_(Kinderbuch)

-

I don't know how You come to Your conclusions...

...and I don't like conversations per PM behind the scenes - that is politics and something that should be changed, don't You think?

-

So, please don't ask me to respond to Your PMs, especially because You already have my EMail adress since years and we already had some conversations and my last EMail to You with important content kept unanswered - don't expect me to answer unnecessary PMs now.

-- hide signature --

Laurence

Punkt.

A nice "Punkt" on the horizon.

-- hide signature --

Uli

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads