NX300 Release Date

Started Mar 8, 2013 | Discussions
tombell1
Senior MemberPosts: 2,843Gear list
Like?
NX300 Release Date
Mar 8, 2013

Dear All ... Do we have a European Release Date ??

-- hide signature --

Tom Bell Dartmoor Devon http://flickr.com/photos/tombell1

tombell1's gear list:tombell1's gear list
Fujifilm XF1 Fujifilm X100S Pentax K-5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH +13 more
Samsung NX300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Coldamus
Senior MemberPosts: 1,631
Like?
Re: NX300 Release Date
In reply to tombell1, Mar 9, 2013

I don't think a specific release date has been given anywhere.   However, it will probably be available in all major markets within two to three weeks.  In the USA, B & H show expected availability as 22nd March.  It is also listed at Adorama so I put a couple in the shopping cart and received no warning about them not being in stock.  That is probably just an oversight as I'm sure we would have heard about it if they were already available.

I did not proceed with the order because I'd rather wait for the NX30.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,499Gear list
Like?
In reply to Coldamus, Mar 9, 2013

Coldamus wrote:

I don't think a specific release date has been given anywhere. However, it will probably be available in all major markets within two to three weeks. In the USA, B & H show expected availability as 22nd March. It is also listed at Adorama so I put a couple in the shopping cart and received no warning about them not being in stock. That is probably just an oversight as I'm sure we would have heard about it if they were already available.

I did not proceed with the order because I'd rather wait for the NX30.

Waiting for the NX30 here, too...

I just hope they don't go nuts with the pricing.

-- hide signature --
 Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
Knallberto
Senior MemberPosts: 5,478
Like?
In reply to Arn, Mar 9, 2013

I am waiting for my NX40 and all the chocolate easter eggs from my easter rabbit!

Arn
Arn
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,499Gear list
Like?
In reply to Knallberto, Mar 9, 2013

Knallberto wrote:

I am waiting for my NX40 and all the chocolate easter eggs from my easter rabbit!

Where did you get your chocolate pooping easter bunny?! I want one!

Anyway, regarding the upcoming NX cameras... An x0 camera has always come along with x00 cameras and isn't very far away now. The EVF combined with tilting LCD is a must for me and that's why I'm waiting for the NX30.

-- hide signature --
 Arn's gear list:Arn's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 7D Samsung NX20 Sony Alpha 7 +19 more
tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,118Gear list
Like?
In reply to Arn, Mar 9, 2013

I'm especially waiting for a nx camera in the shape of nex6/fuji, i.e. evf on one side and no hump. I hope that nx30 or nx-r can be it. But above all I'm hoping for better high iso iq, on par with nex or even fuji. That's the only way in which samsung can compete in the mirrorless market, since as a brand it's not widely accepted by the consumers.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
Sowande
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
In reply to Coldamus, Mar 10, 2013

Very exciting!

wictred
Contributing MemberPosts: 948Gear list
Like?
In reply to tecnoworld, Mar 12, 2013

tecnoworld wrote:

I'm especially waiting for

just like last year and we'll probably see a similar post next year
I don't expect that Samsung have the vision or the enthusiasm to come up with a camera that can compete with the rest of the bunch ... they're always a step behind, and it takes way too long to catch up.

that's fine for the Samsung users because the NX prices drop very quickly. For the NX system it's not so good ... without any outstanding product, there will be no recognition (just like with NX100,11,200,1000,20,..) and thus no support.

See e.g. third party accessories, lenses (Sigma etc)...

If wonder if the mysterious NX-R will change that.

First they need to sack Sun Hong Lim (unless not already done so). This person has absolutely no passion for photography. Then put someone in charge who actually is interested in photography. Maybe even someone who actually owns a camera and uses it for more than just shooting jpegs in full auto, sending them to a tablet and posting them on facebook. That might change things a bit.

so long!

wictred's gear list:wictred's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-6 Sony a6000 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN +3 more
johnznyc
Regular MemberPosts: 127
Like?
In reply to tombell1, Mar 13, 2013

I wonder if I should sell my NX20 and buy an NX300?  The main reason is that I rarely use the EVF, due to my bad vision!  The EVY works well, but my contacts give me issues after a few shots.  In addition, I do not take many flash shots...

Since I got a great deal on the NX20 body separate from the lens, I could sell just the body only for say $375.  B&H is selling an NX300 with the 20-50mm f/3.5-5.6 ED II compact zoom lens for $748 -- this is the next lens on my list.

Thus, $748 - $375 - $219 = $154 for the NX300, out of pocket.

To sweeten the deal, I could give the Lightroom software to the buyer, as I have CS6 (and Lightroom already)...

Might even be able to get the NX300 for a bit less...

The last factor in my consideration is that next year, I will be getting a full-frame camera.  Since the NX300 is smaller than the NX20, my cameras would be an RX100 for the pocket, the NX300 for most street photography and high-quality portability and the full-frame when required.

viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,344Gear list
Like?
In reply to wictred, Mar 13, 2013

wictred wrote:

tecnoworld wrote:

I'm especially waiting for

just like last year and we'll probably see a similar post next year
I don't expect that Samsung have the vision or the enthusiasm to come up with a camera that can compete with the rest of the bunch ... they're always a step behind, and it takes way too long to catch up.

See, I don't see them as being a step behind.  I see them as a step to the side.  I started with NEX cameras and came to NX so my perspective might be different.  I watched when they released the NX10/100 but had the K-7 so wasn't thrilled to be looking at another camera with that same sensor.  I bought the NEX 3, and like the 5n, 5r, 6, 7, etc, but still can't stand their controls. I think the added mode dial might make them passable though, that was one of my largest hangups.  Quick, want to change to S mode, oh, wait, that is like 10 button presses and you are there!

that's fine for the Samsung users because the NX prices drop very quickly. For the NX system it's not so good ... without any outstanding product, there will be no recognition (just like with NX100,11,200,1000,20,..) and thus no support.

Same is true with Sony.  They are electronics companies.  With 1 year release cycles they kill the value of their old product.  Sony is holding value a bit better, but not great.  Fuji is even very bad about holding value.  I bought 8 month old XP1 for half of what it was new.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
Greynerd
Senior MemberPosts: 3,552
Like?
In reply to tombell1, Mar 13, 2013

tombell1 wrote:

Dear All ... Do we have a European Release Date ??

-- hide signature --

Tom Bell Dartmoor Devon http://flickr.com/photos/tombell1

Have Samsung ever given a release date for anything? As far as I am aware Samsung just announce products or leak them in rumour sites but never with any indication where and when they will appear and sometimes they never appear.

KingDon
Senior MemberPosts: 1,131
Like?
In reply to viking79, Mar 13, 2013

viking79 wrote:

Same is true with Sony. They are electronics companies. With 1 year release cycles they kill the value of their old product. Sony is holding value a bit better, but not great. Fuji is even very bad about holding value. I bought 8 month old XP1 for half of what it was new.

2 years later 5N is still selling for only $100 less than the original launch price on  Amazon. You can't say that about any NX camera.

7 months later RX100 is still at $650 on Amazon.

You are actually making up things. Sony cameras don't lose value that easily as Samsung NX

viking79
Like?
In reply to KingDon, Mar 13, 2013

KingDon wrote:

viking79 wrote:

Same is true with Sony. They are electronics companies. With 1 year release cycles they kill the value of their old product. Sony is holding value a bit better, but not great. Fuji is even very bad about holding value. I bought 8 month old XP1 for half of what it was new.

2 years later 5N is still selling for only $100 less than the original launch price on Amazon. You can't say that about any NX camera.

7 months later RX100 is still at $650 on Amazon.

You are actually making up things. Sony cameras don't lose value that easily as Samsung NX

Sure, I can buy a Sony NEX 7 kit for about $820 used (from $1350, only available for about a year), NEX 3 or 5 body only for around $150. Yes, the 5n is better, but it was priced too cheap to begin with.

Just watch, when they replace a camera every year, the value will drop pretty quick. RX100 is up high because it is popular and hasn't been out long.

I did say Sony was a bit better than Samsung in this regard, but they still are no Nikon/Canon.  If a new 5D only comes every 4 years, the previous model will hold its value longer through that period.

Eric

-- hide signature --

Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
viking79
Like?

KingDon wrote:

viking79 wrote:

2 years later 5N is still selling for only $100 less than the original launch price on Amazon. You can't say that about any NX camera.

Actually, a point to make about the 5n, is when it was just 1 year old I could buy it for $400 new on closeout as an 18-55mm kit.  It has actually gone back up just a bit since then.  I think the 5n kit retailed for $700 according to the press release here in 2011, so that is a drop of $300 in one year, not $100.  All the clicking video issues did not help that camera.

Eric

-- hide signature --

tecnoworld
Senior MemberPosts: 4,118Gear list
Like?
In reply to wictred, Mar 13, 2013

I really think that nx prices are too high in average when they announce a new camera. 750€ for the nx 300, for me is way too much, so I guess it will soon drop to a much more realistic 500€ or even less (say 30-35%) exactly how all the other nx products did before.

tecnoworld's gear list:tecnoworld's gear list
Samsung TL500 Samsung NX100 Samsung NX200 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake +12 more
KingDon
Like?
In reply to viking79, Mar 13, 2013

viking79 wrote:

I did say Sony was a bit better than Samsung in this regard, but they still are no Nikon/Canon. If a new 5D only comes every 4 years, the previous model will hold its value longer through that period.

I am going with prices on Amazon

Nex-7 = about $1000 for body only (150 more with lens)

Nex-5n = 650 with the lens

Nex-F3 = 500 with the lens

Nex-6 = about $1000 with the lens (no change since launch)

RX1 = no change since lauch

RX100 == no change since launch

This is ABSOLUTELY not the same as Samsung cameras that are on Amazon for less than 50% after just six months.

Stop making up claims that are obvious lies.

There is no similarities between the two

TJL LTFF
Senior MemberPosts: 1,156Gear list
Like?

KingDon wrote:

viking79 wrote:

I did say Sony was a bit better than Samsung in this regard, but they still are no Nikon/Canon. If a new 5D only comes every 4 years, the previous model will hold its value longer through that period.

I am going with prices on Amazon

Stop making up claims that are obvious lies.

Ouch. That's rather harsh from my point of veiw. Eric has contributed very positive, helpful info on this forum; which has been greatly appreciated by me and very likely many others.

I have found in the US that Amazon camera pricing of interest to me is not very inviting and therefore have almost quit checking there. This makes it hard for me to appreciate maybe the fullness of your quoted facts.

TJL LTFF's gear list:TJL LTFF's gear list
Samsung NX20 Samsung NX300 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 20mm F2.8 Pancake +6 more
KingDon
Like?
In reply to TJL LTFF, Mar 14, 2013

TJL LTFF wrote:

I have found in the US that Amazon camera pricing of interest to me is not very inviting and therefore have almost quit checking there. This makes it hard for me to appreciate maybe the fullness of your quoted facts.

Amazon is the most credible site. Of course if you gooogle, you might see all kind of prices, some of the cameras are used, some of the sellers are unreliable, some are obvious fraud.

I am going with Amazon prices both for Samsung and Sony. And there is no similarity between the two. Samsung cameras are usually down to 50% within 6 months ON AMAZON. This is not the same with Sony. Sony controls the prices very tightly.

UzminiNu
Junior MemberPosts: 48
Like?
In reply to KingDon, Mar 14, 2013

KingDon wrote:

TJL LTFF wrote:

I have found in the US that Amazon camera pricing of interest to me is not very inviting and therefore have almost quit checking there. This makes it hard for me to appreciate maybe the fullness of your quoted facts.

Amazon is the most credible site. Of course if you gooogle, you might see all kind of prices, some of the cameras are used, some of the sellers are unreliable, some are obvious fraud.

I am going with Amazon prices both for Samsung and Sony. And there is no similarity between the two. Samsung cameras are usually down to 50% within 6 months ON AMAZON. This is not the same with Sony. Sony controls the prices very tightly.

Amazon bought Dpreview, a very aggressive troll. We love samsung NX line not because it's sells for less than NEX on Amazon.

KingDon
Like?
In reply to UzminiNu, Mar 14, 2013

UzminiNu wrote:

KingDon wrote:

TJL LTFF wrote:

Amazon bought Dpreview, a very aggressive troll. We love samsung NX line not because it's sells for less than NEX on Amazon.

That's irrelevant to the post I was responding. The guy (viking79) made factually incorrect claims about price drops on Sony vs Samsung cameras a few month after launch. The price drops are not similar. They are not even close.  They in fact have nothing in common.

Here are Amzon prices on old cameras (Nex-7 is two years old)

Nex-7 = about $1000 for body only (150 more with lens)

Nex-5n = 650 with the lens

Nex-F3 = 500 with the lens

Nex-6 = about $1000 with the lens (no change since launch)

RX1 = no change since lauch

RX100 == no change since launch

This is ABSOLUTELY not the same as Samsung cameras that are on Amazon for less than 50% after just six months.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads