What class memory card should be better for NX1000 to have it work fast and smooth? Or speed.

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Questions
EugeneDobrovolskyi
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
What class memory card should be better for NX1000 to have it work fast and smooth? Or speed.
Mar 6, 2013
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Samsung NX1000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Knallberto
Senior MemberPosts: 5,478
Like?
Re: What class memory card should be better for NX1000 to have it work fast and smooth? Or speed.
In reply to EugeneDobrovolskyi, Mar 6, 2013

Use a cheap Class6 or Class10 and be happy!

They are faster than your camera ever will be.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,281Gear list
Like?
Re: What class memory card should be better for NX1000 to have it work fast and smooth? Or speed.
In reply to Knallberto, Mar 7, 2013

Knallberto wrote:

I would be miserable with a class 6 card, 6 MB/s for a RAW file is about 5 seconds per file. My Samsung Class 10 card is only 11 MB/s, so it would be about 3 seconds per RAW file. My UHS-I cards can all exceed 20 MB/s (the max the camera can write) so it is about 1.5 seconds per file.

So in other words with a class 6 card it would take about 40 seconds to empty the buffer, 24 seconds with the standard Class 10 card, and 12 seconds with the Class 10 card capable of 20 MB/s+.

If you shoot JPEG or video, class 6 or 10 are fine. If you shoot RAW you want to shop more carefully for which Class 10 card you buy (they are not equal).

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
viking79
Forum ProPosts: 13,281Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Mar 7, 2013

viking79 wrote:

Knallberto wrote:

I would be miserable with a class 6 card, 6 MB/s for a RAW file is about 5 seconds per file. My Samsung Class 10 card is only 11 MB/s, so it would be about 3 seconds per RAW file. My UHS-I cards can all exceed 20 MB/s (the max the camera can write) so it is about 1.5 seconds per file.

So in other words with a class 6 card it would take about 40 seconds to empty the buffer, 24 seconds with the standard Class 10 card, and 12 seconds with the Class 10 card capable of 20 MB/s+.

If you shoot JPEG or video, class 6 or 10 are fine. If you shoot RAW you want to shop more carefully for which Class 10 card you buy (they are not equal)

PS, those numbers are based on estimates of what data rates I am seeing from the cards.  Again, it really just depends on individual card.

Next up I am going to do a video showing the differences in write times.

Eric

-- hide signature --

I never saw an ugly thing in my life: for let the form of an object
be what it may - light, shade, and perspective will always make it
beautiful. - John Constable (quote)
See my Blog at: http://www.erphotoreview.com/ (bi-weekly)
Flickr Photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/28177041@N03/ (updated daily)

viking79's gear list:viking79's gear list
Sony Alpha 7R Samsung NX30 Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 85mm F1.4 ED SSA Samsung NX 60mm F2.8 Macro ED OIS SSA +5 more
83cat
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
In reply to viking79, Mar 7, 2013

I am using the Sandisk 16G class 10 with around 12-18mb write speed,tested UHs1,does not see any huge differences. Btw not all class 10 cards performs the same, etc Transcend class 10 32G speed is slightly slower around 10-15mb/sec write speed.

For me shooting raw sometimes for landscape, Sandisk 16G is ok, at least feels comfortable to shoot EV bracketing Raw. 3 raws around 5sec to clear.

83cat's gear list:83cat's gear list
Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
83cat
New MemberPosts: 11Gear list
Like?
In reply to Knallberto, Mar 7, 2013

Knallberto wrote:

Sorry but i dont think so, Samsung 4G class4 which come with the camera purchased and some others class 6 cards... JUst Sick, even shooting JPG. I even experienced not all class 10 cards performs the same.

Sandisk 16G class 10 is what i settle on my nx1000 and feels fine. recomanded

83cat's gear list:83cat's gear list
Samsung NX 30mm F2 Pancake Samsung NX 20-50mm F3.5-5.6 ED Samsung NX 50-200mm F4-5.6 OIS Samsung NX 16mm F2.4 Pancake Samsung NX 45mm F1.8
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads