Black X100S

Started Mar 6, 2013 | Discussions
pcb_dpr
Contributing MemberPosts: 719
Like?
Re: Black X100S
In reply to theranman, Mar 28, 2013

So are you saying that you know enough about the mfr specs for both cameras to know Fuji is lying when they say the X100S requires paint that's more expensive than the paint used on the X20? Or you know enough about the various types of metal used in camera production that it's not possible that one camera could require different paint/finish than another? Or even though you don't know any of that you're just calling bullsh*t because you can?

theranman wrote:

It's "durability" issue is a big bubbling crock of bs, and I don't buy it for a second. Cameras have had black finishes forever. What's so magically special about this one? Gimme a break.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Optical1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,030Gear list
Like?
In reply to pcb_dpr, Mar 28, 2013

pcb_dpr wrote:

So are you saying that you know enough about the mfr specs for both cameras to know Fuji is lying when they say the X100S requires paint that's more expensive than the paint used on the X20? Or you know enough about the various types of metal used in camera production that it's not possible that one camera could require different paint/finish than another? Or even though you don't know any of that you're just calling bullsh*t because you can?

theranman wrote:

It's "durability" issue is a big bubbling crock of bs, and I don't buy it for a second. Cameras have had black finishes forever. What's so magically special about this one? Gimme a break.

I'm rather skeptical of this 'special paint' arguement as well.  What is so special about the x100 that is different from the X-Pro1, X-E1, X10/X20, and every other camera that has been painted black?

Optical1's gear list:Optical1's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Sony RX100 Sony RX1 Ricoh GR Olympus PEN E-PM1 +17 more
mattmadd
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?
In reply to lesstax, Mar 28, 2013

I wanted to know the same thing.  I spoke to the guys at Fuji UK and they said it just isn't going to happen. Ever.

theranman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,102
Like?
In reply to pcb_dpr, Mar 29, 2013

pcb_dpr wrote:

theranman wrote:

Yes, yes, and....yes. 
Feel free to be as gullible as you like.

Keit ll
Senior MemberPosts: 2,856Gear list
Like?
In reply to theranman, Mar 29, 2013

Well the point about the X-Pro1 is just not valid , it's only a cheap compact & not of the same quality as the X100s .......  

-- hide signature --

Keith C

joe talks photography
Regular MemberPosts: 247Gear list
Like?
In reply to lesstax, Mar 29, 2013

lesstax wrote:

How long must I wait and at what price?

-- hide signature --

Kivis

You might just put it in a black case.

I must laugh at this post as well as others that view cameras as a fashion accessory.

-- hide signature --

Joe

Photozopia
Senior MemberPosts: 1,302
Like?
In reply to joe talks photography, Mar 29, 2013

joe talks photography wrote:

lesstax wrote:

-- hide signature --

Kivis

You might just put it in a black case.

I must laugh at this post as well as others that view cameras as a fashion accessory.

-- hide signature --

Joe

Joe - everyone knows black-bodied cameras take better pictures ... ask hundreds of Leica owners.

( Note: Sarcasm alert )

citi
New MemberPosts: 1
Like?
Re: Black X100S - first picture of a black X100s
In reply to Photozopia, Apr 20, 2013
HeavyDuty
Senior MemberPosts: 1,120Gear list
Like?
In reply to lesstax, 11 months ago

lesstax wrote:

-- hide signature --

Kivis

Well, now, search for websites for the latest scuttlebutt on a black X100S.

-- hide signature --

Ken in Illinois
Railroad Action: http://www.pbase.com/kjford
Candids: http://www.pbase.com/kjford/other

Eric Jacobs
Regular MemberPosts: 159
Like?
In reply to HeavyDuty, 11 months ago

I like the look of my X100S. Reminds me of my first camera, a Minolta SRT 101. (I still have it.) If there's enough demand for an all-black version to warrant any additional manufacturing costs, I'm sure Fuji will produce one.

Ricardo Maia
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
In reply to Eric Jacobs, 11 months ago

Eric Jacobs wrote:

I like the look of my X100S. Reminds me of my first camera, a Minolta SRT 101. (I still have it.) If there's enough demand for an all-black version to warrant any additional manufacturing costs, I'm sure Fuji will produce one.

Me too.

In the old days there was no color option... That's the way the X100s is.

Ricardo Maia's gear list:Ricardo Maia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm X100S
MikeyLNG
Forum MemberPosts: 53Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ricardo Maia, 11 months ago

I'm very surprised to hear that the X100 LE sold poorly. Given how popular the X100 is with street photographers, and black being a stealthy colour, I thought they'd go hand in hand.

MikeyLNG's gear list:MikeyLNG's gear list
Olympus PEN E-P5 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
shawnfb
Contributing MemberPosts: 532Gear list
Like?

lesstax wrote:

-- hide signature --

Kivis

go to Home Depot and buy some Black Plastidip... it may actually look great!.. seriously!...and assist with weather sealing at the same time..:)

-- hide signature --

shawn

shawnfb's gear list:shawnfb's gear list
Fujifilm X100T Canon EOS 5D Mark III Fujifilm X-T1 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +3 more
JYPfoto
Regular MemberPosts: 322Gear list
Like?
In reply to MikeyLNG, 11 months ago

MikeyLNG wrote:

I'm very surprised to hear that the X100 LE sold poorly. Given how popular the X100 is with street photographers, and black being a stealthy colour, I thought they'd go hand in hand.

If it were the same price, it would not doubtedly sell better.  But given the price premium, even though they included some accessories, it was more than most people would've wanted to pay.

If the X100S in black is the same price, or only a little more, I'm all over it.

JYPfoto's gear list:JYPfoto's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 135mm f/2.0L USM Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS STM Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM
Nikon2011
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?

lesstax wrote:

a few more weeks

Nikon2011's gear list:Nikon2011's gear list
Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/4D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-14E II Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G
Ricardo Maia
Regular MemberPosts: 177Gear list
Like?
In reply to Nikon2011, 10 months ago
 Ricardo Maia's gear list:Ricardo Maia's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F31fd Fujifilm X100S
Segaman
Regular MemberPosts: 293Gear list
Like?
In reply to Ricardo Maia, 10 months ago

Ricardo Maia wrote:

Nikon2011 wrote:

lesstax wrote:

a few more weeks

Announced:

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/01/06/fujifilm-to-release-x100s-in-solid-black?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=news-list&utm_medium=text&ref=title_0_2

It will be fun to choose the color for once.
Now i wish i had the x100s instead of my xe2.
Oh well

Segaman's gear list:Segaman's gear list
Canon EOS 6D Fujifilm X-E2 Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM Canon EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM Canon EF 70-200mm f/4L IS USM +4 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?
In reply to lesstax, 10 months ago

The wait's over, or at least only until the stores recieve their stock. Silver or black, same price. No price bump as the X100 LE, probably since there's no case, shade, filter, included.

http://www.dpreview.com/news/2014/01/06/fujifilm-to-release-x100s-in-solid-black?utm_campaign=internal-link&utm_source=mainmenu&utm_medium=text&ref=mainmenu

JW

PixelMover
Contributing MemberPosts: 749
Like?
Want.
In reply to Gaijin Tourist, 10 months ago

I'm going to the shop first thing tomorrow and pre-order one. Been waiting so long for a black one, I had my mouse hover over the 'buy now' button on the Limited X100 a few times...

I just hope they make the black leather half case with the red stitching available too. It might annoy some people who bought the Limited X100, but it looks so nice..

Guess I'll be joining "Team Fuji" soon!

-- hide signature --

Take pictures like Jiro makes Sushi.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads