GX1 programmable button problem

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
Pebbleheed
Pebbleheed Forum Member • Posts: 66
GX1 programmable button problem

I've been playing with the settings on my GX1. I've found how to turn manual focus assist off (the zoom display when manually focussing) which I tend to do when taking macro shots. The assist can be useful with longer shots however and changing through the menus is a pain when trying to take a shot.

I've found that several functions can be added to the programmable function buttons on the camera however this one in particular doesn't appear on the settings menu when assigning a function to the programmable function buttons.

Does anyone know if this is possible?

Thanks

Pebbleheed's gear list:Pebbleheed's gear list
Nikon D7100 Tamron SP AF 17-50mm F/2.8 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di VC USD Adobe Photoshop CS6 Nik Dfine +7 more
tnphoto
tnphoto Regular Member • Posts: 281
Re: GX1 programmable button problem

There are a fairly limited number of functions you can add to the Q Menu for easy access. Unfortunately, focus assist isn't one of them. You might try setting it as part of a custom shooting mode (C1 or C2 on the mode dial). I don't have the camera with me right now or I'd be able to try it and tell you.

tnphoto's gear list:tnphoto's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX7 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 100-300mm F4-5.6 OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-150mm F4-5.6 ASPH Mega OIS +2 more
rsmithgi Senior Member • Posts: 1,068
Re: GX1 programmable button problem

I believe the previous poster is correct. That is not a function that can be assigned to a fn button. Using the custom settings seems like a good idea. You can also include other settings for macro shooting (eg metering mode, ISO setting,etc)

rsmithgi's gear list:rsmithgi's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Olympus OM-D E-M10 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads