Show Your Snaps...March 4, 2013

Started Mar 5, 2013 | Discussions
Digirame
Forum ProPosts: 29,130
Like?
Show Your Snaps...March 4, 2013
Mar 5, 2013

We invite you again to show your own snapshots or even choice pictures. Remember it's all about the enjoyment of taking pictures regardless of what we have. We can learn from each other and it's fun to share too.

When you are posting your own images please submit them as a reply to this post. Otherwise your pictures may be overlooked. See my own photos for this week as a reply.

We will start a new thread for this every week now due to the popularity. I'll be sure to comment also to your images, if you choose to share. Thanks everyone for your participation.

Digirame
Like?
Street Photos
In reply to Digirame, Mar 5, 2013

Here's some street photos that I took on Saturday, first at our outdoor market and then of some dancers at Pioneer Courthouse Square. We had cloudy skies, but I was very happy with the performance of the Canon T2i (500D) cameras in such conditions.

Photo No. 1 - At the Portland Saturday Market, there's a nice variety of street photos that can be captured.

Photo No. 2 - I wasn't there too long and I saw some very tall beautiful ladies.

Photo No. 3 - Then they posed for me.

Photo No. 4 - Once as I was beginning to cross the street, I saw a couple jump the light.

Photo No. 5 - The silver man was setting things up to perform.

Photo No. 6 - For a few dollars he would do some juggling.

Photo No. 7 - Some girls wanted to have their picture taken with him.

Photo No. 8 - When I walked back to Pioneer Courthouse Square, I saw some people dancing.

Photo No. 9 - I had to patiently wait for people to stop walking behind them, so that I could get some good pictures.

Photo No. 10 - And just one more....

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
j2l3m7
Senior MemberPosts: 3,491Gear list
Like?
Re: Street Photos

Very nice set of photos, thank you for posting.

-- hide signature --

John

j2l3m7's gear list:j2l3m7's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Canon EOS 70D Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L Macro IS USM Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6L IS USM +17 more
Dave Throgmartin
Contributing MemberPosts: 697
Like?
Backyard Cooper's Hawk

More bird pictures from me this week.  I was lucky enough to find a Cooper's Hawk in my backyard on Sunday.  The mourning dove the hawk had just hunted wasn't as lucky...

1/1600 f/6.3 ISO 400 280mm 60D, 70-200 f/4 L USM, 1.4x II extender

1/1250 f/6.3 ISO 400 280mm 60D, 70-200 f/4 L USM, 1.4x II extender

Thanks for viewing.

Dave

karl mohr
Senior MemberPosts: 1,012Gear list
Like?
Re: Backyard Cooper's Hawk
In reply to Dave Throgmartin, Mar 5, 2013

Nice hawk photos, I've been seeing a lot of hawks lately.

karl mohr's gear list:karl mohr's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EOS 600D Canon EOS 650D Canon EF-S 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS +4 more
dave vichich
Senior MemberPosts: 1,785Gear list
Like?
Went out to find a Snowy Owl

But I ended up with a turkey.

A woodpecker

A football playing squirrel. Look at the form of the stiff arm and the way he holds the ball tight to his body.

I'm done, thanks for looking.

-- hide signature --
 dave vichich's gear list:dave vichich's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Digirame
Like?

Those are great looking pictures of a beautiful bird.  You did an excellent job, with the bird being in the shadows.  I'll show some more hummingbird pictures that I took on Sunday.  I like to take pictures of birds too.

Digirame
Like?
Re: Went out to find a Snowy Owl
In reply to dave vichich, Mar 5, 2013

We did have some snowy owls that came down to Oregon some time back.  I think they like the open fields and can be found on fence posts (but I never found any).  Your bird pictures are very nice.  I like variety we see of your images of the turkey, woodpecker and squirrel.  The turkey is colorful, much more than I thought they would be.

Digirame
Like?
Hummingbirds

Here's some photos of hummingbirds I took on Sunday.  It was cloudy and the ISO levels ranged from ISO1600 to ISO4000.  I used M mode for all of them, so that I could get the depth of field I wanted and enough shutter speed.  I was happy to have the 1/250th shutter speed, since this bird moves fast.  In the last three pictures, the hummingbird moved its head around continuously out of curiosity, so it seemed.  As a result I got the changing colors.  What surprised me, is that I got those colors in cloudy weather.  I wish the background was better.  I cropped them a little for composition.

Photo No. 1

Photo No. 2

Photo No. 3

Photo No. 4

dave vichich
Senior MemberPosts: 1,785Gear list
Like?
Re: Hummingbirds

Very nice.

I encourage people to click Original size. The version in the thread don't do the shots justice.

-- hide signature --
 dave vichich's gear list:dave vichich's gear list
Canon EOS 70D
Digirame
Like?
Hummingbirds - Thanks
In reply to dave vichich, Mar 5, 2013

Thanks.  The original does show them larger; I resized them to 940 x 627.  With everyone having different monitors, I don't know what's the best size for showing them.  The hummingbirds in real life are actually smaller, but I thought they were interesting this way.

Digirame
Like?
Street Photos - Thanks
In reply to j2l3m7, Mar 5, 2013

Thanks.  It was a lot of fun walking on Saturday and it wasn't raining.

Digirame
Like?
ISO4000 Photos

It still amazes me how well the Canon T2i (550D) camera does at ISO4000.  It's still a new adventure for me.   I took these this past Sunday under dark cloudy skies.  Does anyone know the name of this bird?

Photo No. 1

Photo No. 2

dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,166Gear list
Like?
Re: Hummingbirds

These are really nice Digirame. From another post, I know you were really close to these hummers. You have a knack for getting these guys to trust you. I like #4 the most. It's really sharp, His/her head was in the right place to catch everyhing in focus.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
dave gaines
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,166Gear list
Like?

These are great images. You're lucky to have gotten this close.

I had a Cooper's Hawk in my yard on our gurgling pot fountain twice last week. I got fairly close at 200 mm. I need to add the 1.4 TC and fill the frame more. I can only approach just so close to the fountain without scaring her off. I posted those photos in another forum.

If you put a bird feeder in the yard you may get more chances to shoot the Cooper's Hawk.

-- hide signature --

Dave

dave gaines's gear list:dave gaines's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Olympus E-330 Nikon D800E Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +7 more
Iris13
Regular MemberPosts: 227
Like?
Re: Show Your Snaps...March 4, 2013

Lovely pictures Congratulations. I love the excitement on people's faces

Iris13
Like?
Nature
In reply to Iris13, Mar 5, 2013

Thank you for giving us the chance to show our pictures

Here are some close ups

Thank you for your time to watch them

AnthonyL
Senior MemberPosts: 1,661Gear list
Like?
Re: ISO4000 Photos

I don't get as good as that with my 450d at ISO 800.  Being able to shoot at 4000 would transform some of my bird photography.  Curious however why you stopped down to f/13?

AnthonyL's gear list:AnthonyL's gear list
Canon EOS 450D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS +1 more
Iris13
Like?
New pictures :)

I just realized i posted these before :D.

Here are some others

Dave Throgmartin
Contributing MemberPosts: 697
Like?
Female Northern Cardinal in the Snow
In reply to Digirame, Mar 6, 2013

Sorry if i'm monopolizing the posts this week, here's a northern cardinal in a snow storm.

Thanks for viewing.

Dave

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads