Another Silly Camera from Hasselblad!

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions
OntarioJohn
Senior MemberPosts: 1,959Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Silly Camera from Hasselblad!
In reply to daMatrix, Apr 1, 2013

daMatrix wrote:

This camera is not ment to be a tool for the hardcore photographer who needs it all in the studio. This camera goes beyond using it. I think such cameras are only there for an extreme market; Gift and gadgets for the ultra rich.

Yes, just stroll along the Swiss streets and look in the windows.  Or as we say in French, "Lick the Windows"!  Watches for over 100,000 bucks.  With diamonds.  Rubies.  Sweet looking but my wrist has a stainless steel everything.  For the cheaper people.  That said, my camera is my baby and it says Sony a99!

-- hide signature --

John D. Conley nemo me impune lacessit
Take some shots and SHARE...more fun that peeping at pixels at some crazy ISO!!!

OntarioJohn's gear list:OntarioJohn's gear list
Konica Minolta Maxxum 5D Sony Alpha DSLR-A100 Sony SLT-A77 Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
SkvLTD
Regular MemberPosts: 105Gear list
Like?
Re: Hasselblad is not Leica
In reply to Marty4650, Apr 5, 2013

Marty4650 wrote:

The status of their brand just isn't as widely known outside of photographic circles to command ridiculous prices.

In order to get these high prices a camera must appeal to total idiots with too much money, because no pro photographer would pay that large a premium to have a commemorative edition of any camera.

The most powerful luxury trademarks aren't the ones for the most expensive product in each category. They are for a very expensive product that is widely known by the newly monied class. That means the Russian Mafia, the Arab oil sheiks, and the new Chinese billionaires.

Reminds me of where Apple's been heading the past 10 years...

SkvLTD's gear list:SkvLTD's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon D600 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-85mm F3.5-4.5G ED VR +3 more
Carl Sanders
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
In reply to RichRMA, Apr 6, 2013

Yes! Colnago bicycles brought out a Ferrari, it can be forgiven as they are both Italian makes at least, though it is doubted that it will go any faster than any other similar constructed bike!  ; )

Carl Sanders's gear list:Carl Sanders's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S7000 Zoom Nikon D5100 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Carl Sanders
Regular MemberPosts: 160Gear list
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Apr 6, 2013

Hasselblad lost it's soul some years ago with the introduction of the 'Fujiblad' and recently with the   'Sonyblad'. As far as we are concerned there is only one Hasselblad, the others are a shadow of what was.

Carl Sanders's gear list:Carl Sanders's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S7000 Zoom Nikon D5100 Nikon D800 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED +11 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads