Another Silly Camera from Hasselblad!

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Discussions
jaygeephoto
Junior MemberPosts: 28
Like?
Another Silly Camera from Hasselblad!
Mar 4, 2013

​It's not even April 1st (I checked) and I didn't make this up, I couldn't. Could you seriousely pull this thing out on a shoot?
​​

If you want to own an iconic limited edition Hasselblad H4D-40 Ferrari camera you need to move fast! We made just 499 of these superb units and now we are close to crossing the finishing line with this unique offer.

http://www.hasselblad.com/ferrari-edition.aspx

tazmac
Regular MemberPosts: 360Gear list
Like?
Re: Another Silly Camera from Hasselblad!
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 4, 2013

I wonder how many pro will use this camera in real situations? It's a collector item...

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
daMatrix
Contributing MemberPosts: 741Gear list
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 5, 2013

This camera is not ment to be a tool for the hardcore photographer who needs it all in the studio. This camera goes beyond using it. I think such cameras are only there for an extreme market; Gift and gadgets for the ultra rich.

DenWil
Senior MemberPosts: 1,537
Like?
It's a great shade of red.

I would not pay extra for a red version but I would not hesitate to use it. The body color has no impact on the functionality of the camera which is rock solid in hand and very comfortable to use. There are so few MF cameras around relative to mass market varieties that they stick out regardless of color. Pentax 645D  also has a limited edition red body.

Would that be silly like some 300 pound  MWC  with a Nikon 1 or a Nex held out at arms length? I laugh every time.

Cy Cheze
Senior MemberPosts: 2,028
Like?
What? No BMW, MB, or Audi versions?

The Ferrari Hass won a "German Design Award."  Why not Italian?

Yet, what better anniversary gift for the lover of fine cars, horses, gems, watches, paintings, or other articles to ornament the manor.

They should offer one modeled on a 61' Aston Martin, call it the Bond Limited, and charge $250k.  Add a Connery autograph and it will be worth $750k at least.

Neil Armstrong passed away too soon to be recruited to promote the "Lunar," but he would probably have declined anyway.

deleted_081301
Senior MemberPosts: 1,862Gear list
Like?
Fuji > hasslebald > ferrari
In reply to Cy Cheze, Mar 5, 2013

Briliant a japanese made Fuji camera gets badged as a Sweetish Hasleblad Camera with a       rebadge  by  Italian    car manufacturer  ........... Ferrari .......  

deleted_081301's gear list:deleted_081301's gear list
Olympus C-4000 Zoom Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1s Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +5 more
unknown member
(unknown member)
Like?

Not new.  This has been around for awhile.  I see this model every time I go to the Shanghai camera mall.  It's been in the window, unsold for over a year.

-- hide signature --

DISCLAIMER: The text written herein is meant to provide the opinions and/or suggestions of the author. No statement herein is meant to be considered law of the land, representative of any party or group, and or a quote from any party or group. Neither is any statement in the contained text meant to be taken as scripture, doctrine, or all encompassing of an entire populous or any groups or individuals therein.

rattymouse's gear list:rattymouse's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix F10 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F20 Zoom Fujifilm FinePix F70EXR Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X10 +9 more
Piginho
Regular MemberPosts: 305
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 6, 2013

A must for any Ferrari owner.  Good job they don't make a Fiat version, or I'd be forced to buy one.  

deleted_081301
Like?
Out in Aprill
In reply to Piginho, Mar 11, 2013

Acording to Amateur photographer  (UK) magazine this pile of rubbish Re badged Sony nex at "Leica" prices is   actually gona be launched in "April " this year ...The First of April one would imagine ...... http://www.amateurphotographer.co.uk/photo-news/539539/hasselblad-lunar-primed-for-april-lift-off

I thought they would have had enough sense to quietly let the thing fade away ......

Olympus C-4000 Zoom Olympus E-300 Olympus PEN E-PL1s Sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC HSM Samyang 8mm F3.5 Aspherical IF MC Fisheye +5 more
Weegee
Contributing MemberPosts: 987
Like?
Actually, a great camera!
In reply to deleted_081301, Mar 13, 2013

Both are wonderful! If you buy a new Ferrari F70, they will give you one for free! Open your wallets you cheap photographers!

mildmind
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 14, 2013

A thought triggered by senior nurse advisor’s absurd suggestion (leading to the death of the patient with swine flu and pneumonia)
http://jerryjohy.blogspot.com/2013/03/a-thought-triggered-by-senior-nurse.html

MikeCanon
Forum MemberPosts: 63Gear list
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 14, 2013

why hassy make camera like this to earn more profit...on the other hand we have hassy lunar coming from april...

MikeCanon's gear list:MikeCanon's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
deleted_081301
Like?
In reply to MikeCanon, Mar 14, 2013

MikeCanon wrote:

why hassy make camera like this to earn more profit...on the other hand we have hassy lunar coming from april...

and of course Hassleblad dont acctually make either Camera

Ones made by Fuji the other is clearly a SONY NEX in a new frock

Marty4650
Forum ProPosts: 10,031Gear list
Like?
Hasselblad is not Leica
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 23, 2013

The status of their brand just isn't as widely known outside of photographic circles to command ridiculous prices.

In order to get these high prices a camera must appeal to total idiots with too much money, because no pro photographer would pay that large a premium to have a commemorative edition of any camera.

The most powerful luxury trademarks aren't the ones for the most expensive product in each category. They are for a very expensive product that is widely known by the newly monied class. That means the Russian Mafia, the Arab oil sheiks, and the new Chinese billionaires.

This is why a:

• $70,000 Mercedes has a more powerful trademark than a $1,600,000 Koenigsegg
  • $30,000 Rolex has a more powerful trademark than a $200,000  Girard-Perregaux
  • $10,000 Leica has a more powerful trademark than $30,000 Hasselblad.
  • $3,000 Gucci handbag has a more powerful trademark than a $40,000 Fendi Selleria
  • $1,000 Monte Blanc pen has a more powerful trademark than a $50,000 Visconti 
The old money knows about the best brands. The new money just wants something that will impress their friends and neighbors because everyone knows they cost a lot. Brand recognition trumps highest price, as long as the product is still outside of the reach of common people.
 Marty4650's gear list:Marty4650's gear list
Sony SLT-A55 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix G 14mm F2.5 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R +7 more
RichRMA
Contributing MemberPosts: 861Gear list
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 26, 2013

Oddly enough, a lot of companies have done that Ferrari design to their products.  I even saw a telescope with it.

RichRMA's gear list:RichRMA's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Pentax K-01 Olympus OM-D E-M5
jaygeephoto
Like?
Re: Hasselblad is not Leica
In reply to Marty4650, Mar 26, 2013

How about Hartman luggage vs Louis Vuitton? Don't know the $ amount of either since they are both out of my reach.

jaygeephoto
Like?
In reply to RichRMA, Mar 26, 2013

I hear that the Triumph name plate may be making a return (most likely a re-skinned Mini Cooper made to look like an updated TR convertible). I've heard worse ideas.  Reportedly, they want to market out this nameplate to things as diverse as clothing and ornaments.  It's not impossible to conceive of a cute red mirrorless camera.  I wonder how much they want for the name "Speed Graphic". Everyone who comes to my studio loves the one on my shelf.

attomole
Regular MemberPosts: 245Gear list
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 26, 2013

Lets face it Hasselblad are looking for customers other than Photographic professionals for sales these days

Clearly this is a trophy camera for those rich and "discerning" enough, i suspect these will sell too a few Rich Germans in Asia and the Middle East  "there's gold in them thar hills" if I were Hassleblad i would be doing the same, With one caveat, to be credible in that Market you have to be credible with serious pro's as well. Hassleblad are looking at Leica, who although always playing catch up for absolute image quality, mange to woo serious photographers with there so very expensive M series, as well as lets call them collectors with special editions for an even higher premium.

However Ferrari are terrible with there brand and plaster it anything from Laptops to alarm clocks, it seems more  motivated by the desire of the marketing department to get some  free stuff to share around the office, no doubt the prospect of some gratis €20,000 cameras was to much.

So In this case I agree with the OP other than on a sports car or a racing drivers baseball cap with a F! racing driver underneath it, the Ferrari branding lacks any class.

What wrong with the traditional tactic of sending them to the moon? it impressed me as a school boy.

jaygeephoto
Like?
In reply to attomole, Mar 28, 2013

I suppose I'm over reacting. Throughout history people have adorned and guilded otherwise ordinary tools and such to the heights of gaudiness.  Names have been lent or attached to objects to give them more cachet.  I'm always hoping that we become more sophisticated and have better taste.  I suppose some of these cameras will eventually find their way into collections or museums as curiosities. My tastes seem to run more towards historical significance; one of the six (I'm guessing) Hasselblads that were left on the moon would be worth retrieving some day.  Who owns them I wonder?

JimWongyyz
Forum MemberPosts: 83
Like?
In reply to jaygeephoto, Mar 28, 2013

I'm going to make a poor man's  version of  Ferrari camea.  Buy a red Pentax camera. Search for Ferrari key chain, or BMW key chain. Stick the badge on the camera.  Each car badge to match each of my car.  Now I need a red car to match my red camera.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads