Samyang 8mm 2.8 or 3.5? vignetting on 20mp sensors

Started Mar 4, 2013 | Questions
Laurie899
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
Samyang 8mm 2.8 or 3.5? vignetting on 20mp sensors
Mar 4, 2013

Im trying to decide between the Samyang 8mm 2.8 and 3.5 for my 20mp NX 20. I know from Eric's report and samle images that the 2.8 gives quite significant magenta vingnetting. Has  any one tried the 3.5 and is this issue better or worse.

I know its fixable in PP but if the 3.5 is better maybe this is the best opption unless there is another down side (don't think 1EV matters)

Thanks in anticipation of an answer

Laurie

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Knallberto
Senior MemberPosts: 5,478
Like?
Re: Samyang 8mm 2.8 or 3.5? vignetting on 20mp sensors
In reply to Laurie899, Mar 6, 2013

I am using Samyang 8mm/3.5 with all my SamsungNX, m4/3, NEX (up to 24 mp)  - there is noooooo vignetting.

I am also using Samyang 7.5mm/3.5 with all my m4/3s - there is nooooo vignetting.

WHYYYYYYY should there be vignetting?

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Laurie899
Regular MemberPosts: 114
Like?
In reply to Knallberto, Mar 7, 2013

Knallberto wrote:

I am using Samyang 8mm/3.5 with all my SamsungNX, m4/3, NEX (up to 24 mp) - there is noooooo vignetting.

I am also using Samyang 7.5mm/3.5 with all my m4/3s - there is nooooo vignetting.

WHYYYYYYY should there be vignetting?

Thanks for your answer. The reason for the question is based upon this quote

Re: Rokinon 8mm f/2.8 NX

5 months ago                            ,                            viking79                                In reply to

viking79 wrote:

I am seeing magenta corners/sides on my NX20 as they show up on the NEX 7 as well.  Might have to use corner fix to correct that, and one side on mine is worse than the other so it might be a slight alignment issue too.

There are some sample shots clearly showing the problem on the 2.8, however it seems from your experience that the 3.5 is OK (good news) Can I check you are using it on the the NX 20mp sensor?

Again thanks for your answer

Laurie

83cat
New MemberPosts: 11
Like?
In reply to Laurie899, Mar 7, 2013

I am interested with the samyang 8mm F2.8 for its smaller size.

but couldn't find any review about it using on nx, can anyone advice?

thanks

felix

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads