Started Mar 3, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
Chris Dodkin
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,911Gear list
Re: Odd lack of dynamic range
In reply to BrianKraft, Mar 4, 2013

BrianKraft wrote:

It was deliberate. Thank you, though.

How are you finding the files for post processing?

Are you shooting JPEG, RAW, both?

I find my X100 files take PP well, but not a well as X-Pro1 files, so interested to see how this changes with the new sensor (and resolution bump)

-- hide signature --

http://www.dodkin.com
Chris@1D-Images.com
Mac Pro/MacBook Pro/iPods/iPhones/iPad

Chris Dodkin's gear list:Chris Dodkin's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Canon EOS-1D Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 30D +34 more
rusticus
Contributing MemberPosts: 559Gear list
Re: X100S Street Photography

sorry - with these pictures can not do anything

one would have to adjust raw images
so that nothing
The photos appear worn away -
or effect-overloaded

the same images should have been done with the X100

rusticus's gear list:rusticus's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Pentax K-5
Jared Charney
New MemberPosts: 2

brian, beautiful work of Denver, my hometown/state that I sorely miss and miss more after sifting through your images. I am debating purchasing a x1pro with the 35 1.4 or getting the new x100s. I'm curious which one you would go with if you had to choose--thanks and again great work--

MrChristopher
Contributing MemberPosts: 899Gear list
In reply to BrianKraft, Mar 5, 2013

I got a chance to get out for a couple of hours today with the new X100S and shoot some street photography in Denver. Check it!

http://www.briankraft.com/Blog/personal/fuji-x100s-street-photography/

These are really nice images and thanks for posting them. Lets face it this forum is infested at times with trolls and idiots who feed them. I got tired of reading those who polluted this thread but I sure enjoyed your photography. Thanks for the link. You're a very good photographer.

MrChristopher's gear list:MrChristopher's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +1 more
BrianKraft
Regular MemberPosts: 224
In reply to Jared Charney, Mar 5, 2013

Jared Charney wrote:

brian, beautiful work of Denver, my hometown/state that I sorely miss and miss more after sifting through your images. I am debating purchasing a x1pro with the 35 1.4 or getting the new x100s. I'm curious which one you would go with if you had to choose--thanks and again great work--

Hey, Jared-- I'm glad you enjoyed checking out a piece of "home."

I definitely choose the X100/X100S over the X-Pro 1. It's definitely a personal choice. My reason is that my main gear is a pair of Canon 5D Mark 3s, with various lenses, but when I want less kit, I really want less kit. I actually put the X100/X100S in my jeans pocket when I want it out of the way completely. Or hanging around the neck, it's just so compact. And I just love the 35mm perspective and I don't feel the need for something that I can change lenses on when I'm keeping it simple. When I need more-- I bring out the big guns. No need to go in between for me.

BrianKraft
In reply to MrChristopher, Mar 5, 2013

MrChristopher wrote:

I got a chance to get out for a couple of hours today with the new X100S and shoot some street photography in Denver. Check it!

These are really nice images and thanks for posting them. Lets face it this forum is infested at times with trolls and idiots who feed them. I got tired of reading those who polluted this thread but I sure enjoyed your photography. Thanks for the link. You're a very good photographer.

Thank you very much, MrChristopher!

Yeah, I hang out at various photography forums and I'm honestly amazed at how different this place is. I'm used to a very supportive atmosphere and folks that are more interested in photography as an art form. I know there are still plenty of great folks around here, but it's striking, the difference in the average vibe here-- people offering harsh criticism, when it doesn't actually serve a purpose. As well as the focus on the technical aspects of gear, way past the focus of the art. I used to be a pixel peeper too, but after a while, I think it's helpful to give it a rest and just enjoy taking photos and processing them without even zooming in. 99% of the time when I do make prints, the level of detail you see (naturally) viewing the photo is the same as the way it looks in a normal view on your computer screen.

tissunique
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,188

Hi Brian

Subject matter and compositions look nice but the technical quality of the images - sharpness, exposure, colour - to me on my screen look poor.

Tony

Singeri
New MemberPosts: 10

I do not like what Instagram has done to the world of amateur photography. I've grown allergic to the instagram toned photos, unless they are original old photos. This effect is just too darn overused today. The topic should be "Street photography", without the X100S.

I like the composition in many photos, but the hipster tone, plz...

Jared Charney
New MemberPosts: 2

thanks brian--I appreciate those thoughts---

BrianKraft
Re: Updates and Tests in 'Pros and Cons' (AF, Manual, etc)
In reply to BrianKraft, Mar 6, 2013

Anyone interested in seeing more of my thoughts on the performance (both pro and con) of the X100S, I am continuing to update that section. I've just added more.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads