want to rename multiple files at one time

Started Mar 2, 2013 | Discussions
darwin36
Junior MemberPosts: 33Gear list
Like?
want to rename multiple files at one time
Mar 2, 2013

Guys cant figure ot how to rename multiple Images at once. Using LR4 . And I want it the real image file .

darwin36's gear list:darwin36's gear list
Canon EOS 20D Canon EOS 7D Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM +7 more
fuego6
Senior MemberPosts: 1,694
Like?
Re: want to rename multiple files at one time
In reply to darwin36, Mar 2, 2013

Wouldn't recommend doing this in LR... get yourself a tool designed for just that.  Personally, I use XYPlorer as an explorer replacement and it has a very advanced file renamer built in that I use often to batch rename.... simple, powerful, quick.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
plugin
Contributing MemberPosts: 798
Like?
In reply to fuego6, Mar 2, 2013

fuego6 wrote:

Wouldn't recommend doing this in LR... get yourself a tool designed for just that. Personally, I use XYPlorer as an explorer replacement and it has a very advanced file renamer built in that I use often to batch rename.... simple, powerful, quick.

Wouldn't recommend doing it outside of LR ... LR will not be able to load the images after renaming (you can tell LR to look for them, but I don't know if it just looks for file names, in which case that would fail. If so, and you do rename them outside of LR, you will lose all your edits and history.

johnsong
Senior MemberPosts: 1,172
Like?
In reply to darwin36, Mar 3, 2013

darwin36 wrote:

Guys cant figure ot how to rename multiple Images at once. Using LR4 . And I want it the real image file .

What do you want the multiple images to be called?

johnsong
Senior MemberPosts: 1,172
Like?
In reply to fuego6, Mar 3, 2013

fuego6 wrote:

Wouldn't recommend doing this in LR... get yourself a tool designed for just that. Personally, I use XYPlorer as an explorer replacement and it has a very advanced file renamer built in that I use often to batch rename.... simple, powerful, quick.

fuego6, Are you saying you personally use XYPlorer to rename multiple images within Lightroom.

Sailor Blue
Senior MemberPosts: 6,803Gear list
Like?
In reply to darwin36, Mar 3, 2013

In the Library Module select all the files you want to rename at one time, generally the files you want to rename in a sequence.

Go to Library/Rename Files (F2) and select the File Naming method want to use.

-- hide signature --

Living and loving it in Bangkok, Thailand. Canon 7D - See the gear list for the rest.

Sailor Blue's gear list:Sailor Blue's gear list
Canon EOS 7D +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads