5d mark III: the worst raw colour error. whad do you think about techradar verdict?

Started Feb 28, 2013 | Discussions
Tandua
Forum MemberPosts: 79Gear list
Like?
5d mark III: the worst raw colour error. whad do you think about techradar verdict?
Feb 28, 2013
 Tandua's gear list:Tandua's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 10-24mm F4 R OIS Fujifilm XF 56mm F1.2 R
Canon EOS 5D Mark III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
schmegg
schmegg MOD
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,257
Like?
Re: 5d mark III: the worst raw colour error. whad do you think about techradar verdict?
In reply to Tandua, Feb 28, 2013

Tandua wrote:

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-full-frame-dslr-8-cameras-from-canon-nikon-and-sony-compared-1133732/10#articleContent
I am surprise about this verdict. what do you think about it?

LOL!

In the review they rate the 1Dx as the best full frame DSLR available. Sounds reasonable, though I'm sure arguable too.

In the 5D3 review they say ...

"Excellent image quality is assured in all sorts of lighting conditions, with results generally being almost as superb as from the 1D X."

Apart from that, the "benchmarks" don't agree with anyone else - even DxO!

What do I think? ...

I'd go elsewhere for camera reviews!

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
EvokeEmotion
Contributing MemberPosts: 882Gear list
Like?
Re: 5d mark III: the worst raw colour error. whad do you think about techradar verdict?
In reply to schmegg, Feb 28, 2013

schmegg wrote:

I'd go elsewhere for camera reviews!

Just as the left don't get their news from Fox, we want to hear what we want to hear.

EvokeEmotion's gear list:EvokeEmotion's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS M Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0L USM +9 more
jackkurtz
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,294Gear list
Like?
In reply to EvokeEmotion, Feb 28, 2013

Aside from any errors, the review was pretty mealy mouthed and ended up recommending every camera in one way or another.

jackkurtz's gear list:jackkurtz's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX1 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Olympus PEN E-P5 Canon EF 24mm f/1.4L II USM Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM +7 more
Damoo
Contributing MemberPosts: 655Gear list
Like?
In reply to Tandua, Mar 1, 2013

Techradar is not authentic when it comes to camera reviews. Its not their cup of tea. Just some arcane reviews & inane theory there.

Damoo's gear list:Damoo's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Olympus OM-D E-M5 Canon EOS 6D Sony Alpha 7S Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM +5 more
GregF
Senior MemberPosts: 1,912
Like?

I'd say don't pay attention to lab tests and decide for yourself.  I own a D600 which DxO says is the third best sensor.  I say a single number they can put on something like that is meaningless and doesn't tell even a sliver of the story.

bobn2
Forum ProPosts: 32,223
Like?

Tandua wrote:

http://www.techradar.com/news/photography-video-capture/cameras/best-full-frame-dslr-8-cameras-from-canon-nikon-and-sony-compared-1133732/10#articleContent
I am surprise about this verdict. what do you think about it?

TechRadar performance curves have weird shapes and their data tells different stories from everyone else's. I suspect that they don't know how to use their DxO analysis tools. I would take their performance data with a large pinch of salt.

-- hide signature --

Bob

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads