Fuji HS50EXR Mine arrives Tomorrow. Locked

Started Feb 27, 2013 | Discussions
This thread is locked.
ASR45
Forum ProPosts: 32,884Gear list
Fuji HS50EXR Mine arrives Tomorrow.
Feb 27, 2013

Found somewhere that has them in stock, only a few so mine comes tomorrow hopefully the weather will have some breaks in the sky, if not a blade of grass or search for a cat my be the order of the day.  

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

ASR45's gear list:ASR45's gear list
Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II +3 more
alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,281Gear list
Re: Fuji HS50EXR Mine arrives Tomorrow.
In reply to ASR45, Feb 27, 2013

Congrats! I think you're the first one in the forum to get one? How much was it? Also, dont you also have the Sony HX100V? Would be nice to see a comparison with that, especially at longer focal lengths and high ISO.

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
ASR45
In reply to alexisgreat, Feb 27, 2013

Alex you have a good memory, i did have the HX100V nice camera sold it last year, i have a full frame canon, but need reach so thought i would give the fuji a try, see how it fairs.  I paid £419 for it.  

-- hide signature --

Alan.
It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.
Mark Twain

Canon PowerShot G16 Canon PowerShot G12 Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS 6D Canon EOS 7D Mark II +3 more
PAUL TILL
Veteran MemberPosts: 9,217

ASR45 wrote:

Found somewhere that has them in stock, only a few so mine comes tomorrow hopefully the weather will have some breaks in the sky, if not a blade of grass or search for a cat my be the order of the day.

You'll be lucky, I can't remember the last time I saw a blue sky.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:
You Must Be 10% Smarter Than The Equipment You're Operating

ASR45
In reply to PAUL TILL, Feb 27, 2013

PAUL TILL wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

You'll be lucky, I can't remember the last time I saw a blue sky.

Blade of grass it is then.  

Actually we have had some blue sky today been not bad as weather goes.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Dodge_Rock
Senior MemberPosts: 1,127

You're lucky to get one this week.  Us "Yanks" will have to wait a while.

Very interested to see some samples.

ASR45
In reply to Dodge_Rock, Feb 27, 2013

Dodge_Rock wrote:

You're lucky to get one this week. Us "Yanks" will have to wait a while.

Very interested to see some samples.

Im not desperate for it, i saw it mate and went for it, i have a nasty habit of getting the first batch of cameras had the XS1 first and the sony HX100V rest assured if its no good i will say so. Could always use it as a door stop if its rubbish Lol.  

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

PAUL TILL

Never heard of this bunch but they appear to have them in stock and give you a 3 year warranty on it.

http://www.greatdigitaldeals.co.uk/fuji-finepix-hs50-exr-digital-bridge-camera-p-2809.html

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

daveensor
Junior MemberPosts: 29Gear list

Argos have had them in stock for week or so at £419. I ordered one to collect at store to replace my hx100v but changed my mind and bought a Sony A37. Will wait for reviews of the hs50 and hx300 before I make up my mind.

isb_deep
Regular MemberPosts: 163

Awesome! Congratulations, I am sure you will have the honor of being the first unofficial reviewer on this forum. Looking forward to to some shots from your new toy

ASR45
In reply to isb_deep, Feb 27, 2013

isb_deep wrote:

Awesome! Congratulations, I am sure you will have the honor of being the first unofficial reviewer on this forum. Looking forward to to some shots from your new toy

Hi, yes i hope to stick some up on here tomorrow, flak jacket and hard hat on ready for the bashing to begin Lol.    

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

PAUL TILL
In reply to daveensor, Feb 27, 2013

daveensor wrote:

Argos have had them in stock for week or so at £419. I ordered one to collect at store to replace my hx100v but changed my mind and bought a Sony A37. Will wait for reviews of the hs50 and hx300 before I make up my mind.

Blimey you're right, they even have them to collect today at my local store. How come nobody from the UK has put up any samples or given their impressions on it?

It's a bit suspect the lack of any samples even from Fuji before it's released to the public. I think this one is going to be a non performer, it needs to be a lot better than the HS30 to stand a chance of not getting put in the bargain bin like the HS30 did only a few weeks after it went on sale.

If they had put a usable EVF on it I might have given it a go, but as it is I'll let Joms and the gang play this one out.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

PAUL TILL

ASR45 wrote:

isb_deep wrote:

Hi, yes i hope to stick some up on here tomorrow, flak jacket and hard hat on ready for the bashing to begin Lol.

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Well this time of year your garden can't look that good Alan, are you going to brave the cold and venture off to the lake?

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

ASR45

PAUL TILL wrote:

ASR45 wrote:

isb_deep wrote:

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Well this time of year your garden can't look that good Alan, are you going to brave the cold and venture off to the lake?

Paul nothing in the garden to photograph, yes going down to the lake sound not a bad idea, if its crap i can always throw it in, dare say the fishermen might get shirty about it, other than that i have an old wooden door thats screaming for a decent door stop.    

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

PAUL TILL

Full frame OVF to a 0.26" EVF..! That's going to take some getting used too.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

ASR45

PAUL TILL wrote:

Full frame OVF to a 0.26" EVF..! That's going to take some getting used too.

-- hide signature --

The 10% Rule:

Paul, i never intended for the fuji to compete with my 6D its a none starter, the trouble with any DSLR you need big glass, even primes for getting decent wildlife shots, the trouble is you are limited with focal length with lens and the expense as well.

Where i live, im spoilt with the wildlife, if i can get a half decent shot from the fuji i will be happy.

Its never going to get me the high ISO low light wich i can get from my FF canon, but my reason is just seeing how the lens handle, we will see, if its no good it goes.    

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

alexisgreat
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,281Gear list

I hope you love it, Im going to wait until some reports come in, seems like Fuji has a history of some unexpected bugs until the second or third revision

This is for Paul or anyone who can answer........... would the HS50's lens be larger than the X-S1 in terms of physical size? I assume so since the focal length of 1000mm equiv. with a 1/2" sensor is bigger than the true focal length of the X-S1 with its 2/3" sensor? If so, let's hope lens droop doesn't become an issue.

BTW is the camera closer to the X-S1 in terms of weight rather than the rest of the HS series?

-- hide signature --

http://Alex_the_GREAT.photoshop.com

alexisgreat's gear list:alexisgreat's gear list
Olympus C-7070 Wide Zoom Fujifilm FinePix HS20 EXR Fujifilm FinePix HS50 EXR Olympus E-520 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 +1 more
TAGRIFFIN
Contributing MemberPosts: 632Gear list

to asr45

Good one!

Post some pictures in the FZ200 forum and see what happens! Many over there seem to think the fz200 is too good for this world! (ya, it is good - I've got one- but it is not above criticisms)

Tim

isb_deep
Regular MemberPosts: 163

ASR45 wrote:

isb_deep wrote:

-- hide signature --

Alan.
Mark Twain

Ha ha, come on now, don't forger that this is the friendly, neighborhood Fuji Forum. I am sure they will be gentle on one of their own

Tidewater
Contributing MemberPosts: 765Gear list

If that pdaf on the sensor works and really speeds up the focus lock and the video focus, I will take a chance on one as well. You should be able to tell immediately.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads