Photographed with the a65

Started Feb 26, 2013 | Discussions
james2k50
Contributing MemberPosts: 572Gear list
Like?
Photographed with the a65
Feb 26, 2013

A few shots with the a65.. Obviously I love landscape and there will be more to come. I have done some very pleasing work with this camera in low light "very little noise". I really do like it alot. I also have an a35 which also does some nice work. Images have been downsized due to recommendations from DPR.. I hope you enjoy! Thanks

james2k50's gear list:james2k50's gear list
Canon PowerShot SX40 HS Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A65
Sony SLT-A35 Sony SLT-A65
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Abhayks
Forum MemberPosts: 80
Like?
Re: Photographed with the a65
In reply to james2k50, Feb 26, 2013

Beautiful pictures. Thanks for sharing.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
brian14478
Senior MemberPosts: 3,541
Like?

Excellent...+Been thinking about an a65 from my a55. the upcomming a58 is throwing a monkey wrench in my plans though. Your pictures look great james.

looks like you have a nice handle on the a65....and the horizon(ha ha)

Very nice, it looks like you have an alpha that suits your photography perfectly. again well done,brian

howmanyds
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?

Stunning use of those clouds! And that blue boat!  Just amazing.

How do you manage good shots in low light without noise?  Bright lens?

hpfau
New MemberPosts: 17Gear list
Like?

Hi very very good Pictures. Í enjoyed it very much´. I wish you a lot of fun with your a65, I have it with mine.

hans

hpfau's gear list:hpfau's gear list
Sigma 10-20mm F3.5 EX DC HSM
Photorer
Senior MemberPosts: 1,343Gear list
Like?
In reply to hpfau, Feb 26, 2013

Awesome shots! Nice going!

-- hide signature --

Still not enough time to take pictures....... Is there ever?
http://www.afripixel.com/

Photorer's gear list:Photorer's gear list
Sony SLT-A77
Marco Cinnirella
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,527Gear list
Like?

Very nice ! What lens please?

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Marco Cinnirella's gear list:Marco Cinnirella's gear list
Sony SLT-A77 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-E2 Sony RX100 +1 more
james2k50
Like?
In reply to Marco Cinnirella, Feb 26, 2013

Marco Cinnirella wrote:

Very nice ! What lens please?

-- hide signature --

"When words become unclear, I shall focus with photographs. When images become inadequate, I shall be content with silence." Ansell Adams.

Sorry I meant to respond more quickly but I've been really busy. It's a Sigma DC 18mm – 50mm F2.8 HSM. It's the one I keep on my camera most of the time and replaces the kit lens.. I like it very much for its size and weight as it is well-balanced with the A65

Regards,

James

james2k50
Like?
In reply to howmanyds, Feb 26, 2013

howmanyds wrote:

Stunning use of those clouds! And that blue boat! Just amazing.

How do you manage good shots in low light without noise? Bright lens?

Yes, a bright lens and staying with low ISO as possible. If I can use the widest aperture possible, then I bring up ISO no greater than 800. For lowlight, I tend to use shutter priority if I need to brighten up the scene with my chosen lens.

I have read "Is this the right amount of noise?" For the most part and I think there is a point to where being overly picky is pretty obvious. Remember the noise you see on screen, will less likely show up when you do large prints. The file sizes of these sensors are extremely large and you can do a lot of work with them. Just my two cents

James

james2k50
Like?
In reply to brian14478, Feb 26, 2013

brian14478 wrote:

Excellent...+Been thinking about an a65 from my a55. the upcomming a58 is throwing a monkey wrench in my plans though. Your pictures look great james.

looks like you have a nice handle on the a65....and the horizon(ha ha)

Very nice, it looks like you have an alpha that suits your photography perfectly. again well done,brian

Yes I got a really good deal on the camera body and decided to stay away from the kit lens. The one I use primarily is a Sigma DC 18mm – 50mm F2.8 HSM. This stays on my camera most of the time and I like the sharpness of it. Of course I can't forget my vintage Minolta glass

I think the A65 is an excellent camera with a lot of capabilities. I don't regret the purchase and with the new SLT's coming to replace the older generation, I'm not worried about that at all. After all, we have to live and may as well enjoy what we have Still have my handy dandy A35 though

Regards,

James

howmanyds
Forum MemberPosts: 99
Like?

james2k50 wrote:

howmanyds wrote:

Stunning use of those clouds! And that blue boat! Just amazing.

How do you manage good shots in low light without noise? Bright lens?

Yes, a bright lens and staying with low ISO as possible. If I can use the widest aperture possible, then I bring up ISO no greater than 800. For lowlight, I tend to use shutter priority if I need to brighten up the scene with my chosen lens.

I have read "Is this the right amount of noise?" For the most part and I think there is a point to where being overly picky is pretty obvious. Remember the noise you see on screen, will less likely show up when you do large prints. The file sizes of these sensors are extremely large and you can do a lot of work with them. Just my two cents

James

Thanks -- that's the idea I was getting on that thread too: that I am being too picky, at least with that set of images.  That's actually the answer I was hoping for rather than that I had bad copies of my lenses.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads