RX-100 and BonJovi at First Niagara Center Buffalo NY

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Discussions
kcobello
New MemberPosts: 18
Like?
RX-100 and BonJovi at First Niagara Center Buffalo NY
Feb 25, 2013

Some reduced web shots of the concert last night. They put on a great show. My wife and her friend Andrea are great fans, I was the picture taker. LOVE the RX-100, waiting on the next version with a 1.8-2.8 Aperture Enjoy!

YiannisPP
Senior MemberPosts: 1,619
Like?
Re: RX-100 and BonJovi at First Niagara Center Buffalo NY
In reply to kcobello, Feb 25, 2013

From what I've seen in this and other threads, the RX100 must be the best concert camera, if you're not too far away from the stage of course. Bon Jovi's pretty good too:)

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
kcobello
Like?
In reply to YiannisPP, Feb 25, 2013

Agreed, Its not my Nikon D3, but if you know how to shoot you can get some decent images out of it. I have not nailed the camera down yet. I usually do bands with the D3 but this little RX-100 is a nice package to carry..:)

YiannisPP
Like?

kcobello wrote:

Agreed, Its not my Nikon D3, but if you know how to shoot you can get some decent images out of it. I have not nailed the camera down yet. I usually do bands with the D3 but this little RX-100 is a nice package to carry..:)

Yeah, I guess I meant concerts where photos are not allowed, or DSLRs at least, while you can hide this in your pocket:)

theranman
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,092
Like?

Next version with 1.8-2.8? And sharp corners? Yeah, sign me up for 100 of 'em. Oh, and pull my finger...it plays "Jingle Bells".

YiannisPP
Like?
In reply to theranman, Feb 25, 2013

theranman wrote:

Next version with 1.8-2.8? And sharp corners? Yeah, sign me up for 100 of 'em. Oh, and pull my finger...it plays "Jingle Bells".

Corners are sharp enough as it is for most people.

kcobello
Like?

Ya. Most venues around here unless your credentialed is NO lens over 6 inches and or no professional bodies. We have credentials but only from a small paper. This RX-100 is fine for standoff shots (dont zoom in or you will be dissapointed).

elliottnewcomb
Senior MemberPosts: 5,792Gear list
Like?

thanks for posting these many nice shots. Not able to see any data, can you give us a description of your methods used, settings, zoom, etc?

thanks, Elliott

ahmami
Senior MemberPosts: 1,371
Like?

Some very lovely results in the series, thanks for posting, Bon Jovi is a great artist.

-- hide signature --
kdactionphoto
Junior MemberPosts: 37
Like?
In reply to ahmami, Feb 25, 2013

Thanks for the kudos and I am sorry about the data. I run them through Faststone Photo Resizer for the web.

I used all Shutter priority and it varied for the Fstop and ISO. I usually tried 200 and below for Shutter. I used some manual, but I squeezed the RX-100 for all I could. ISO was good anywhere from 800 and some 6400. Mostly around 1600 to 3200. I should load up photos with the data so you can read the Exif. That camera is easy to use if you have a little photography experience. We sat side of the stage and had some nice lights and some laser to take advantage of.

Thanks

Kevin

kdactionphoto
Like?
In reply to kdactionphoto, Feb 26, 2013

A few more hope with info!

kdactionphoto
Like?

I would never critesize(sp?) anyone but it was amazing the Iphones and flash that was being used. Dont know the results people had, but it was kind of neat

kdactionphoto
Like?

Oh and on the early comment on BonJovi. My wife and her friend got me to go, they are big fans and had gone to 4 of his concerts. He and his crew did ann amazing show. I was impressed! PLus we had a nice dinner before......AND I got to use my little camera. That Sony is addicting because of the results you get.

Kevin

dmotisko
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
In reply to kcobello, Feb 26, 2013

Nice set of photos !

dmotisko's gear list:dmotisko's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-1 Canon EOS 7D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5
kdactionphoto
Like?
In reply to dmotisko, Feb 26, 2013

dmotisko wrote:

Nice set of photos !

Thankyou! and thank the Sony! I have good experience, own a Photo business with my wife (K & D Action Photo), but that camera and band photography makes me look ok..;)

dmotisko
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?

kdactionphoto wrote:

dmotisko wrote:

Nice set of photos !

Thankyou! and thank the Sony! I have good experience, own a Photo business with my wife (K & D Action Photo), but that camera and band photography makes me look ok..;)

I just received my RX100 this past week so I am getting mine dialed in ! I am really enjoying it !

dmotisko's gear list:dmotisko's gear list
Sony RX100 Olympus E-1 Canon EOS 7D Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital 14-54mm 1:2.8-3.5
kdactionphoto
Like?
In reply to dmotisko, Feb 26, 2013

dmotisko wrote:

kdactionphoto wrote:

dmotisko wrote:

Nice set of photos !

I just received my RX100 this past week so I am getting mine dialed in ! I am really enjoying it !

Awesome! Its got some guts to it! I know they can improve on it but for right now, wow. We shoot and print racing and some sports onsite, use the Nikon stuff for that. I just did a test print off our DNP DS 80 of the last shot of Jon and Richie, ISO 6400 and it looks pretty good!

bikeguy
Forum ProPosts: 11,023Gear list
Like?
Kevin...
In reply to kcobello, Feb 26, 2013

Wonderful series with some impressive results in these web views.

Coupla questions, if I may:

Did you shoot RAW or jpeg and did you apply any noise reduction to those higher ISO shots?

And have you printed anything out? If so, how do those high ISO shots hold up?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

-- hide signature --
 bikeguy's gear list:bikeguy's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-V3 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-R1 Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 50D +9 more
kdactionphoto
Like?
Re: Kevin...
In reply to bikeguy, Feb 26, 2013

bikeguy wrote:

Did you shoot RAW or jpeg and did you apply any noise reduction to those higher ISO shots?

Thanks in advance,

Charles

-- hide signature --

Hi Charles

Thanks first for the compliments. I shot jpeg only to get some quick results for the web when we got home at 1am ;). I used some Ninja on a few. The last 6400 definitly. The bordered low res shots none, only because those were downloaded first and tossed up. If you give me a second I will toss up the last shot of Jon and Richie at 6400 right out of the camera. I feel the Ninja made it "pasty" . Im glad you asked on the printing because I know you know that web stuff looks terrific but when you lay the ink or dye down your in for some blotchy blacks. We have a DNP DS 80 and I just printed some 8x10's including the pasty last one. I closed my eyes, and to my amazement they are good to great. I am not lying. I thought I would be dissapointed,....but NOPE

Hold on and I will toss up a 6400..

Thanks for asking and thanks for the compliments. Im a person who worries if my stuff is ok, its tough nowadays because everyone is a GWC as my friend calls it, "GUY WITH CAMERA", so the compition is fierce. I think we do good and we have the full onsite generator/shoot to print system, just no milk in the fridge..;)

kdactionphoto
Like?
Re: Kevin...
In reply to bikeguy, Feb 26, 2013

bikeguy wrote:

Thanks in advance,

Charles

-- hide signature --

Right out of the RX-100 with NO cookin...;)

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads