VR not working in live view with D7000 and 70-200 f/4?

Started Feb 25, 2013 | Questions
trespassing
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
VR not working in live view with D7000 and 70-200 f/4?
Feb 25, 2013

My apologies if this is the result of me being a numpty, but my VR does not seem to be kicking in during LV.  This is my only VR lens at the moment so can't unfortunately test others, and I can't recall it'd it worked prior.  I'd heard Nikon's newest generation VR was particularly great for video, but while taking stills or videoing it doesn't kick in with a half-press of the shutter button, and there is no constant sound to suggest it working permanantly.  Thank you for your help, and once again, my apologies if this is just me being stupid.

-- hide signature --

Matt

ANSWER:
Nikon D7000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Tianium
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,233
Like?
Re: Perhaps VR on all the time in LV?
In reply to trespassing, Feb 25, 2013

trespassing wrote:

My apologies if this is the result of me being a numpty, but my VR does not seem to be kicking in during LV. This is my only VR lens at the moment so can't unfortunately test others, and I can't recall it'd it worked prior. I'd heard Nikon's newest generation VR was particularly great for video, but while taking stills or videoing it doesn't kick in with a half-press of the shutter button, and there is no constant sound to suggest it working permanantly. Thank you for your help, and once again, my apologies if this is just me being stupid.

-- hide signature --

Matt

Its probably already working.

Just tried it out with my D90 and 16-85mm VR.

As soon as I put the camera into LV the VR immediaetly starts working and stays on until the camera is switched out of LV.

ie VR is ON all the time in LV, so dosen't kick in with a half press.

Put the lens next to your ear and you should be able to hear it working.

Darin

selected answer This post was selected as the answer by the original poster.
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
trespassing
Regular MemberPosts: 166
Like?
Re: Perhaps VR on all the time in LV?
In reply to Tianium, Feb 25, 2013

Tianium wrote:

trespassing wrote:

My apologies if this is the result of me being a numpty, but my VR does not seem to be kicking in during LV. This is my only VR lens at the moment so can't unfortunately test others, and I can't recall it'd it worked prior. I'd heard Nikon's newest generation VR was particularly great for video, but while taking stills or videoing it doesn't kick in with a half-press of the shutter button, and there is no constant sound to suggest it working permanantly. Thank you for your help, and once again, my apologies if this is just me being stupid.

-- hide signature --

Matt

Its probably already working.

Just tried it out with my D90 and 16-85mm VR.

As soon as I put the camera into LV the VR immediaetly starts working and stays on until the camera is switched out of LV.

ie VR is ON all the time in LV, so dosen't kick in with a half press.

Put the lens next to your ear and you should be able to hear it working.

Darin

Many thanks, upon listening extremely closely I can hear the VR working away quietly.  I appreciate you taking the time to help me.

-- hide signature --

Matt

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads