panasonic lens 45-200 $99.00

Started Feb 23, 2013 | Discussions
pocoyo
New MemberPosts: 4
Like?
panasonic lens 45-200 $99.00
Feb 23, 2013

Sorry for my english guys, i ordered oly lens $99 sale but i cancelled it.

then i found BESTBUY online selling pany lens 45-200 $99 brand new,made in japan lens,lens firm 1.2

IN STORE ONLY pick up. check store and type zipcode.

mine in got it in simi valley,cali.

CHECK IT OUT GUYS THANKS

vincent filomena
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,106Gear list
Like?
Re: panasonic lens 45-200 $99.00
In reply to pocoyo, Feb 23, 2013

Good find: Thanks !

Vjim

vincent filomena's gear list:vincent filomena's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 Olympus PEN E-PL5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm 1:1.8 +1 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
idiotekniQues
Senior MemberPosts: 1,237
Like?
tempting
In reply to pocoyo, Feb 23, 2013

almost ordered it it's a great deal but I  think I'm going to wait for the 40 to 150. its much lighter and no need for the ois with an omd. however, for panny body users this is the better deal.

good info on the deal.

-- hide signature --

www.pixelsquish.com

Ron Outdoors
Contributing MemberPosts: 570
Like?
Re: here is a link....
In reply to Just Having Fun, Feb 23, 2013

Thanks for the link.  checked the stock on line for about local 10 BB's, and they were all out of stock.

-- hide signature --

www.ronhartman.net

Ronald
Contributing MemberPosts: 598
Like?
In reply to vincent filomena, Feb 24, 2013

Thanks for the info

-- hide signature --

Ronald Nikon cp4500, tc-e2, canon tc-dc58n, Fuji S9000, Panasonic G3

Atwater
Forum MemberPosts: 80Gear list
Like?
In reply to pocoyo, Feb 24, 2013

Many, many thanks to both Pocoyo and Just having fun!

Most of my lenses were stolen last week :(, and with the info you both provided I was able to find and buy a replacement for my 45-200. It wasn't my favorite lens, but I used it fairly often. Fingers crossed that the one I picked up this afternoon is a good copy. Now, just four more lenses to go...

thanks chaps!

Atwater's gear list:Atwater's gear list
Lytro Light Field 8GB Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 +1 more
Aleo Veuliah
Forum ProPosts: 14,466Gear list
Like?

This lens already was a best buy for the price and quality, now with that offer id for free.

-- hide signature --

Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
Pure logic is the ruin of the spirit.
If plan A doesn't work, the alphabet has 25 more letters, keep calm.
Imagination is more important than knowledge.
God is the tangential point between zero and infinity.
Aleo Photo Site

Aleo Veuliah's gear list:Aleo Veuliah's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ1000 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G2 Nikon 1 V3 +5 more
skurnianto
Forum MemberPosts: 84Gear list
Like?
So sad
In reply to Aleo Veuliah, Feb 24, 2013

I just ordered the 45-175 couple days ago :(. I missed such a great deal

-- hide signature --

Sofyan
newbie forever

skurnianto's gear list:skurnianto's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G3 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Sigma 19mm F2.8 EX DN Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +1 more
xpatUSA
Senior MemberPosts: 2,955Gear list
Like?
Re: here is a link....
In reply to Ron Outdoors, Feb 24, 2013

Ron Outdoors wrote:

Thanks for the link. checked the stock on line for about local 10 BB's, and they were all out of stock.

+1.

Same for 20+ stores around Houston, TX. Probably not a co-incidence

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Ted http://kronometric.org
SD10/70mm Macro/17-70mm zoom

xpatUSA's gear list:xpatUSA's gear list
Sigma SD9 Sigma SD10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Sigma SD14 +2 more
lsundy
New MemberPosts: 6
Like?

Thanks pocoyo. I just had my brother pick one up for me.

I had just gone online to Amazon to order the G5 kit + 45-150 that was on special, only to find that they terminated the deal and the 45-150 was no longer part of the deal. Then I recalled seeing your posting....

So at the moment I have a lens but no camera body! But that will be changing soon as I will get the G5 in the coming days.

-- hide signature --

len

ravinj
Regular MemberPosts: 448Gear list
Like?

Thanks for the link. I had one earlier, sold it and then this price was a no brainer. I was able to get one from the local Best Buy. Of about 20 stores in the area, only one had it and that too it was the last one.

ravinj's gear list:ravinj's gear list
Leica S2 Sony Alpha 7 Leica Summilux-M 50mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summilux-M 35mm f/1.4 ASPH Leica Summicron-M 28mm f/2 ASPH +4 more
memo90061
Contributing MemberPosts: 580Gear list
Like?
In reply to ravinj, Feb 25, 2013

How does it compared to the Olympus 40-150? I was thinking of buying it, but now I'm considering this one.

I have an OM-D.

memo90061's gear list:memo90061's gear list
Olympus E-M1
renttoown
Regular MemberPosts: 374Gear list
Like?
PannyLens 45-200 For $99.00
In reply to pocoyo, Feb 26, 2013

I thought I would try to purchase this lens. I don't lust for it like I do the Oly 75 but @ $99 it seems like a good addition to my lens collection.

Went to the Best Buy web site and There are no stores in Seattle that have the lens. There are two stores in the Tacoma area but I'm not driving a 100 miles round trip for this lens. Went to the closest store and attempted to have them send the lens from a Tacoma store to Seattle. NO JOY.

Turns out the on-line information is not correct. There are no lens in the state of Washington. This may be a good deal but if there aren't any lenses, how good a deal can this be?

For the record, the BB store had no Olympus or Panasonic m43 cameras or equiptment. I dislike BB and this experience does not make me love them anymore. BB continues to be a showroom for amazon is in the process of following circuit city. Good ridance BB.

Marty

Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner student & Street Photographer

-- hide signature --

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't out to get you.

renttoown's gear list:renttoown's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Panasonic Leica D Summilux Asph 25mm F1.4 +4 more
Matthew Humphrey
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
Re: PannyLens 45-200 For $99.00
In reply to renttoown, Feb 26, 2013

renttoown wrote:

Went to the Best Buy web site and There are no stores in Seattle that have the lens. There are two stores in the Tacoma area but I'm not driving a 100 miles round trip for this lens. Went to the closest store and attempted to have them send the lens from a Tacoma store to Seattle. NO JOY.

I went to Puyallup, Washington store, which said they had it in stock. Got there and the one they had was reserved for another customer (had no idea you could reserve them over the phone). So I had them re-check Tacoma store, which also listed them as in stock. They said they had 3 of them in the store, and 2 were available. I went ahead and purchased it so they would put it on hold.

When I got to Tacoma, the guy mentions what a great deal it is, and then hands me a box that had obviously been opened. I checked the box and the lens hood was missing. The guy initially gave me some crap about not having any more, but when I informed him that it was against the law to sell an open box item as new, he magically came up with another one.

I know that BestBuy employees are notorious for snapping up the bargains before customers, and I suspect that was what was going on here. Regardless, I left with one that at least has all the parts. Will try it out this weekend.

One_Oldman_4U
Contributing MemberPosts: 934Gear list
Like?
Re: Best Buy run around ..
In reply to renttoown, Feb 26, 2013

I tend to agree. Same situation where in Houston/Spring/Woodlands area. I'm here in Afghanistan now and when I read the post, I went to look at Best Buys around where I live. 3 stores says "available" on their web site. So i text my wife and daughter to go get one for me. There's a BB within 3 miles from the house and it is one that said has some available on their website. When my wife got there, the salesman said that they just ran out and that they have an "open box" item with no box, paper works and who knows what else is missing. My daughter lives in downtown Houston and went to a couple of BB too and she was told that they just sold out and same story, the sales person mentioned that they too have an "open box" item but were missing the lens hood and all scratched up. They also mentioned that they have a returned item but no one knows when it was returned and why it was returned. My daughter then called her bf which lives near the Woodlands to go check the BB there. He called and was informed that they do have it in stock. When he got there, Lord and behold, yes they do have one, and again an "open box" item and missing some items.

I don't like shopping at Best Buy (Circuit City was far better) but on occasion like this where a supposedly excellent bargain happens every so often, Best Buy don't deliver. Scratch Best Buy from my list of shopping store.

One_Oldman_4U's gear list:One_Oldman_4U's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ200 Nikon 1 V1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon 1 Nikkor VR 10-100mm f/4.5-5.6 +1 more
Jake21
Contributing MemberPosts: 513
Like?
In reply to One_Oldman_4U, Feb 26, 2013

I found one in nebraska; mind you i don't live there or know anyone else who does but there is one waiting to be purchased

-

the 30 or so bestbuy near myself (and relatives) don't have it

jujubean10
Junior MemberPosts: 43
Like?
In reply to Jake21, Feb 26, 2013

I called La Crosse WI. They said they don't carry that lens but then got one for me from another store that had one in stock.

-- hide signature --

JuJu

baxters
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,071Gear list
Like?
In reply to jujubean10, Feb 27, 2013

Their website said there was one about 20 minutes away from me. One hit out of maybe 12 Best Buys in my area. That's a lot of BB's. However, I wasn't interested in it and someone else bought it today, Good.

For $99, do you care that it's open box, floor demo, or the hood is missing, as long as it works?

baxters's gear list:baxters's gear list
Olympus Body Cap Lens 15mm F8.0
Matthew Humphrey
Regular MemberPosts: 236
Like?
In reply to baxters, Feb 27, 2013

baxters wrote:

Their website said there was one about 20 minutes away from me. One hit out of maybe 12 Best Buys in my area. That's a lot of BB's. However, I wasn't interested in it and someone else bought it today, Good.

For $99, do you care that it's open box, floor demo, or the hood is missing, as long as it works?

As long as it works, if that was my only option, I would have kept it. Actually, I would have made them sell it to me at the open box price of $85. But I'm glad I got one that has all the parts.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads