so what was the big Nikon announcement?

Started Feb 20, 2013 | Discussions
Alex Notpro
Contributing MemberPosts: 684Gear list
Like?
so what was the big Nikon announcement?
Feb 20, 2013

I thought it was supposed to be yesterday. Can't find anything in the major blogs or Nikon website.

Alex Notpro's gear list:Alex Notpro's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Leica Nocticron 42.5mm Apple iPhone 5s +14 more
LowlightShadows
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
Re: so what was the big Nikon announcement?
In reply to Alex Notpro, Feb 20, 2013

they said either tuesday or wednesday evening, so we still have a chance. I guess it was a hoax anyway.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
LowlightShadows
Regular MemberPosts: 131Gear list
Like?
In reply to LowlightShadows, Feb 20, 2013

LowlightShadows wrote:

they said either tuesday or wednesday evening, so we still have a chance. I guess it was a hoax anyway.

others mentioned a press event on February 21. That's still 2 chances this week.

Reilly Diefenbach
Senior MemberPosts: 8,234Gear list
Like?

Just think of all the disgusted D300s and D7000 owners, their pitiful elderly cameras gathering dust as the wait grows more agonizing every day :^)

mosswings
Veteran MemberPosts: 5,913Gear list
Like?
In reply to Reilly Diefenbach, Feb 20, 2013

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Just think of all the disgusted D300s and D7000 owners, their pitiful elderly cameras gathering dust as the wait grows more agonizing every day :^)

I'm waiting for that DX mirrorless ILC that NikonRumors thinks is coming this summer. DSLR technology is so 20th century...

mosswings's gear list:mosswings's gear list
Olympus XZ-1 Nikon D90 Nikon D7100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6G VR +1 more
nfpotter
Senior MemberPosts: 4,072
Like?

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

Just think of all the disgusted D300s and D7000 owners, their pitiful elderly cameras gathering dust as the wait grows more agonizing every day :^)

Hey Reilly, help!  Throw me a rope, I'm frickin' dying over here!

Reilly Diefenbach
Like?
In reply to nfpotter, Feb 20, 2013
eddyshoots
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Like?
Playstation 4 !!!!

Weird hunh?

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

Keto
Regular MemberPosts: 430
Like?
In reply to mosswings, Feb 20, 2013

mosswings wrote:

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

I'm waiting for that DX mirrorless ILC that NikonRumors thinks is coming this summer. DSLR technology is so 20th century...

NR said it might be an APS-C based compact. They didn't say it was a mirrorless camera or have interchangeable lenses.

MiraShootsNikon
Contributing MemberPosts: 590
Like?

Reilly Diefenbach wrote:

(Read with Heidi Klum's "Project Runway" voice for maximum appeal:)

The D7000 is now old and sad.  Its small and coarse DX pictures make all fashion models appear as though they were wearing sack cloth from my basement.   There are no nano-coated lenses for it too, also, as well.  Auf Wiedersehen, Nikon!

mira

klh
klh
Contributing MemberPosts: 791Gear list
Like?
In reply to MiraShootsNikon, Feb 20, 2013

It's sad to hear about those ancient d7000's.  I'm glad my d90 still feels new and fresh whenever I use it.:-)

klh's gear list:klh's gear list
Nikon D5300
Stephan Def
Regular MemberPosts: 286Gear list
Like?
Re: Playstation 4 !!!! Yawn...
In reply to eddyshoots, Feb 20, 2013

Actually a halfway decent state of the art Notebook will run circles around the PS4, admittedly the Notebook will cost somewhat more but not THAT much more and a serious performance crazy Gamer will be happy to pay a little more to be at the cutting edge ....

This is an interesting trend reversal in the Gaming Scene, it used to be that Gaming consoles were like state of the art undercover Supercomputers, and usually sold at a loss, just to be able to get market share and sell games. I don't think with the cheap AMD Chips inside that Sony will have to sell them at a loss anymore, even at cutthroat prices... Times are a changin...

Edit: Spelling

Stephan Def's gear list:Stephan Def's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A200 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR
GlennW
Senior MemberPosts: 1,343Gear list
Like?

Alex Notpro wrote:

I thought it was supposed to be yesterday. Can't find anything in the major blogs or Nikon website.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20130220005352/en/Nikon-Announces-Immersion-Scanner-Demanding-Multiple-Patterning

Nikon did make an announcement. Not from the camera division. Not sure if some Nikon tech is used to make more sensors?

-- hide signature --

I Shoot RAW

GlennW's gear list:GlennW's gear list
Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-85mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 85mm f/3.5G ED VR +4 more
kay4401
Regular MemberPosts: 288Gear list
Like?
In reply to Alex Notpro, Feb 21, 2013

Time will tell if it's true, but nikonrumors.com is claiming that at midnight tonight Feb 20, 2013 (US eastern time zone) is when the announcement will be.

kay4401's gear list:kay4401's gear list
Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 24mm f/2.8D Sigma 50mm F1.4 EX DG HSM Nikon AF-Nikkor 80-200mm f/2.8D ED Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX II
Reilly Diefenbach
Like?
In reply to MiraShootsNikon, Feb 21, 2013

I knew I could rely on you, cherie :^)

pixd90
Senior MemberPosts: 1,167Gear list
Like?
In reply to klh, Feb 21, 2013

klh wrote:

It's sad to hear about those ancient d7000's. I'm glad my d90 still feels new and fresh whenever I use it.:-)

Took my D90 to the doctor this morning, diagnosis was Alzheimer’s; it keeps on forgetting that it’s old and antiquated. Hmm, same as my symptoms.

pixd90's gear list:pixd90's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G
eddyshoots
Senior MemberPosts: 2,174
Like?
In reply to Stephan Def, Feb 21, 2013

Stephan Def wrote:

Actually a halfway decent state of the art Notebook will run circles around the PS4, admittedly the Notebook will cost somewhat more but not THAT much more and a serious performance crazy Gamer will be happy to pay a little more to be at the cutting edge ....

This is an interesting trend reversal in the Gaming Scene, it used to be that Gaming consoles were like state of the art undercover Supercomputers, and usually sold at a loss, just to be able to get market share and sell games. I don't think with the cheap AMD Chips inside that Sony will have to sell them at a loss anymore, even at cutthroat prices... Times are a changin...

Edit: Spelling

How can you not be excited? Sony is going to put some mediocre outdated hardware in a box....put in protections so you can't buy, rent or borrow previously used games....and will have no backward compatibility so you can throw out your old PS3 games (Oh yeah, but you'll be able to re-buy them from their classics server).

You know, every time I get upset with Nikon I need to just look at a Sony press release to feel better.

-- hide signature --

eddyshoots

Reilly Diefenbach
Like?
In reply to eddyshoots, Feb 21, 2013

Why would you be upset with Nikon? :^)

BirgerH
Senior MemberPosts: 1,214Gear list
Like?
In reply to pixd90, Feb 21, 2013

pixd90 wrote:

klh wrote:

It's sad to hear about those ancient d7000's. I'm glad my d90 still feels new and fresh whenever I use it.:-)

Took my D90 to the doctor this morning, diagnosis was Alzheimer’s; it keeps on forgetting that it’s old and antiquated. Hmm, same as my symptoms.

Mine tells me, the he sure is a D90, and the limitations are not his, but mine.

BirgerH's gear list:BirgerH's gear list
Nikon D90 Nikon D7000 Nikon AF Nikkor 85mm f/1.8D Tamron SP AF 11-18mm F/4.5-5.6 Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Tamron AF 18-200mm F/3.5-6.3 XR Di II LD Aspherical (IF) Macro +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads