Yosemite for C&C or Play

Started Feb 19, 2013 | Discussions
ArtMar
Regular MemberPosts: 285Gear list
Like?
Re: Yosemite for C&C or Play
In reply to Pixel Poetry, Feb 21, 2013

No, PSE doesn't include Bridge.  I agree it did have a yellow-green colour cast which I've tried to correct below.  I have a feeling that Lightroom may be in my future!

Many thanks -- I always enjoy your work.

Art

Pixel Poetry wrote:

ArtMar wrote:

Many thanks for your offer; but I don't unfortunately, have Lightroom. I have PSE 10, with the Curvemeister plug-in which gives me access to individual colour channels in LAB, CMYK, and HSB spaces, in addition to RGB.

Did you use RGB colour channels for colour adjustment?

This is the best I could do below using LAB -- (didn't get very far in RGB); getting rid of the magenta tint was difficult I found. I Like the differentiated tonal qualities of your version very much.

Thanks again,

Art

Pixel Poetry wrote:

The picture looked washed out and cold, the subject is great it just need it some adjustments like lowering the exposure, increasing contrast, making a white balance adjustment and adjusting individual colors.

All was done with Lightroom 4.3, let me know if you have it and I can send you the adjustments as a preset for you to apply to the same picture, this way you can see exactly what I did.

I have never used elements so don't know the tools available, does elements include bridge?

that could probably be similar to lightroom.

In lightroom you don't use channels that much but it does have the HSL wich is a combination between RGB and CMYK plus orange and purple that can make individual color adjustments and not affect the entire image.

What I see from your version looks really good except that it has a greenish yellow color cast, maybe you can use a color sample in elements to make adjustments with the HSB to make it a little more neutral.

You mentioned magenta but I don't see it, maybe trying to fix that is what made it greenish yellow.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Michael Edward Rudge
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,691Gear list
Like?
Re: thanks for Play
In reply to Robert Schoner, Feb 22, 2013

Michael Edward Rudge's gear list:Michael Edward Rudge's gear list
Canon Pixma MG5350
Ralph Ramirez
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,567
Like?
Great photos, thanks for posting............nt
In reply to Robert Schoner, Feb 23, 2013

Ralph

Robert Schoner
Contributing MemberPosts: 959
Like?
Re: Yosemite for C&C or Play/2 More

Hi,

I can't believe all the posts with different variations on what I did. Thank you all for the different ideas.

I thought I'd post 2 more (I took 400 ). The first one is of the falls and it is right from the camera as opposed to the processed one I posted earlier. One of the comments on the one I posted was that it seemed a little "flat". The day was cloudy and no sun. I always wonder when have I pished it too far, so I thought I'd post the original.

The second one is also unprocessed but I had not posted it. So feel free to do whatever you want.

I don't know why they are rotated. They're ok in the gallery and I can't rotate them to up

here on the page.

Bob Schoner

Pixel Poetry
Veteran MemberPosts: 3,601Gear list
Like?

400 pictures sounds like a very productive trip

Pixel Poetry's gear list:Pixel Poetry's gear list
Canon EOS 550D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II
mikes
Senior MemberPosts: 2,896
Like?
Re: Yosemite for C&C or Play/2 More

I thought this one needed fish. And a different perspective on cropping too.

Bob Schoner

-- hide signature --

Only when you can criticize yourself, should you criticize others. Mikes.

benross
Contributing MemberPosts: 829
Like?

Snow filter on Pixelmator and frame on PSE 10

oltenius
Regular MemberPosts: 361
Like?