Lake of the Ozarks

Started Feb 18, 2013 | Discussions
mdziados
Regular MemberPosts: 134Gear list
Like?
Lake of the Ozarks
Feb 18, 2013

One of my photos from Lake of the Ozarks.  This was my first trip there so I haven't got the chance to actually see much of it yet.

Check out a few more photos I got from this small part of the lake -

Lake of the Ozarks (6 Photos)

-- hide signature --

www.michaeldziados.com

mdziados's gear list:mdziados's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
lukep
Senior MemberPosts: 1,897
Like?
Re: Lake of the Ozarks
In reply to mdziados, Feb 18, 2013

i like the shot and composition

But i think its overexposed, and maybe would look better closer to sunrise or sunset.  Also I would not use F22 as diffraction can be strong at that point - but its actually pretty sharp so that might not hurt it much.  Maybe darken it a bit in PP and see how that looks.  thanks for posting

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
mdziados
Like?
Re: Lake of the Ozarks
In reply to lukep, Feb 18, 2013

I'm actually on military orders so time was kind of a factor to get this shot done.  I was aware of the f22 being used but I was trying to get a long exposure to even out the look of the water.  I posted a correct version that is a little darker on my actual website.  Did that after I posted this here.  I"m working on kind of a makeshift workstation with a flat screen in a hotel and my laptop.  I'm sure that isn't helping the way my photos are coming out.

-- hide signature --

www.michaeldziados.com

Canon EOS 5D Mark II Canon EOS 60D Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM +2 more
mdziados
Like?
Corrected the exposure a little bit
In reply to mdziados, Feb 18, 2013

www.michaeldziados.com

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads