New member to the canon family ..

Started Feb 17, 2013 | Discussions
ThomCull
Junior MemberPosts: 45
Like?
New member to the canon family ..
Feb 17, 2013

Really excited about this find, picked it up for $100.

Kit was:

24mm f/2.8
50mm f/1.8
50mm f/1.4
80-200mm f/4

Canon 188A Flash w/ Charger
Manual, and full case.

These are all FD lenses though; a minor set back but it should be fun to learn film. Yes, I'm one of those who never shot on film

mburns
Regular MemberPosts: 153Gear list
Like?
Film Practices
In reply to ThomCull, Feb 18, 2013

That is a lot of equipment for little expenditure. Let me know about putting a battery in, and about lubricating the mirror if the camera requires that.

Just this month I received scans and prints by North Coast Photographic Services of Kodak Portra 160 film that I shot with my Canon FT. The prints look great at 18 inches. The scans are 17 million pixels at full color.

Coldbrook Valley and the red Oliver Machinery building in Grand Rapids

As I calculate the matter, fine grain film is capable of a high bit rate.

mburns's gear list:mburns's gear list
Samsung ST65 Canon EOS 5D Canon EOS 30D Canon EF 35-80mm f/4.0-5.6 III Canon EF 80-200mm f/4.5-5.6 II +57 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Midwest
Forum ProPosts: 13,446
Like?
Re: New member to the canon family ..
In reply to ThomCull, Feb 18, 2013

Yes, I'm one of those who never shot on film

Enjoy your new toy, but remember it's gonna cost you 25 to 50 cents every time you press the shutter release.

I picked up an amazingly clean 95% mint Nikkormat EL, just like one I bought when I got out of high school, along with a Nikkor medium range zoom lens for a total of $70 on Ebay last year. Back in 1974 that same approximate setup cost me about $575. Adjusted for inflation, the stuff I bought last year would have cost about $25 in 1974 money.

Nice in the display case but I'm not about to spend money and deal with the hassles of film to actually USE it!

-- hide signature --

You don't TAKE a photo, you MAKE a photo.

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads