Canon EOS-1D X
Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,585Gear list
Like?
Re: Balanac River - CC welcome
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 16, 2013

CC not required. Great shot.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
David Nall
Forum ProPosts: 13,591Gear list
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 17, 2013

Very nice job.  What is that structure used for?  Someone took a lot of time and effort to construct it.  Also, how did you manage to get your gear there?  I would probably loose my tripod and camera, and maybe me along with them.  Did you happen to get any with a little faster shutter speed?  Dave

-- hide signature --

Visit my gallery at http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/
View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.
http://davesphotography9173.zenfolio.com/img/s2/v58/p1109307522-2.jpg

David Nall's gear list:David Nall's gear list
Sony Alpha NEX-7 Nikon D4 Nikon D800E Nikon 1 V2 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR +10 more
19andrew47
Forum ProPosts: 13,749Gear list
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 17, 2013

Lovely image of a strange structure.

Andrew

Martin.au
Senior MemberPosts: 6,585Gear list
Like?
In reply to David Nall, Feb 17, 2013

David Nall wrote:

Very nice job. What is that structure used for? Someone took a lot of time and effort to construct it. Also, how did you manage to get your gear there? I would probably loose my tripod and camera, and maybe me along with them. Did you happen to get any with a little faster shutter speed? Dave

-- hide signature --

View of Yosemite Valley, Bridalveil fall 4 frame vertical pano taken from the tunnel parking lot.

Fish trap would be my guess.

Martin.au's gear list:Martin.au's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Fisheye 8mm F3.5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-50mm 1:3.5-6.3 EZ Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm 1:2.8 Macro +3 more
Julius T Santos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,469Gear list
Like?
In reply to David Nall, Feb 17, 2013

David Nall wrote:

Very nice job. What is that structure used for? Someone took a lot of time and effort to construct it. Also, how did you manage to get your gear there? I would probably loose my tripod and camera, and maybe me along with them. Did you happen to get any with a little faster shutter speed? Dave

-- hide signature --

The shore was only about 10 feet away but the water was pretty strong...I had a rope around my waist which was being held by a friend...since the water was only knee deep where I was shooting, I felt pretty safe...didn't get a chance to shoot it with a faster shutter speed since I wanted the blur effect using a ND filter.

-- hide signature --

www.juliussantos.com

Julius T Santos's gear list:Julius T Santos's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X
Belpat
Senior MemberPosts: 1,649Gear list
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 18, 2013

Julius, this is a very nice picture.  Well composed, colours are really beautiful. Well done.

-- hide signature --
 Belpat's gear list:Belpat's gear list
Nikon D810
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 18, 2013

Julius, that is a wonderful image. The general "rightward" orientation of the clouds is complemented by the blur of the water in the lower left. Nicely composed and exposed too. Where is the Balanac River? Reading through the thread, the structure being a fishtrap idea looks pretty plausible, though it looks like those round rocks might roll around under high flows.

Did you happen to take any with a faster shutter speed? I'd be curious to see that water and the rocks underneath in a little more detail if you have any.

Thanks for posting.

Julius T Santos
Senior MemberPosts: 1,469Gear list
Like?
In reply to capturef22, Feb 18, 2013

capturef22 wrote:

Julius, that is a wonderful image. The general "rightward" orientation of the clouds is complemented by the blur of the water in the lower left. Nicely composed and exposed too. Where is the Balanac River? Reading through the thread, the structure being a fishtrap idea looks pretty plausible, though it looks like those round rocks might roll around under high flows.

Did you happen to take any with a faster shutter speed? I'd be curious to see that water and the rocks underneath in a little more detail if you have any.

Thanks for posting.

Balanac river is located in a province south of Manila...2 hours away...sorry I don't have any images with faster shutter speeds since I was trying out my new Lee Filters to get the blur effect.

-- hide signature --

www.juliussantos.com

Julius T Santos's gear list:Julius T Santos's gear list
Canon EOS-1D X
capturef22
Senior MemberPosts: 2,525
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 19, 2013

Julius T Santos wrote:

capturef22 wrote:

Thanks for posting.

Balanac river is located in a province south of Manila...2 hours away...sorry I don't have any images with faster shutter speeds since I was trying out my new Lee Filters to get the blur effect.

-- hide signature --

www.juliussantos.com

Thanks Julius. As the saying in the US goes, I do learn something new (nearly) every day! No worries on the requested photo; this one is a beauty.

richardsealane
Senior MemberPosts: 1,297
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 19, 2013

I concur with others, beautiful photo.

larj_lights
Regular MemberPosts: 101Gear list
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 20, 2013

very nice kabayan, and since you asked for it, you might want to remove those power lines...tempted to buy a lee set

larj_lights's gear list:larj_lights's gear list
Sigma DP2 Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP2 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Canon EOS 50D +3 more
Nexu1
Senior MemberPosts: 1,960
Like?
In reply to Julius T Santos, Feb 20, 2013

1.  Holy crap is that a unicorn on the left?  What a magical place 

2.  Did you focus on the rock formation right in front of you?  At 100% view the detail there is striking.  Awesome.

3.  Wonderful, wonderful pic.  Something worth selling IMO.

4.  Not necessarily a criticism, just what goes through my head:  when I look at the photo I find myself wanting to see inside that rock feature (fish trap) more, and also wanting to see up around the fish trap to the left to see where the river goes.  Maybe this is a good thing... the photo has captured my attention and imagination.

5.  The water looks perfect IMO.  Just the right shutter speed, not too slow or too fast.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads