CPS benefits

Started Feb 13, 2013 | Discussions
drawdunn
New MemberPosts: 7
Like?
CPS benefits
Feb 13, 2013

just got a random invitation from canon cps to shoot the pit at London fashion week. Limited places and first come first served it said so I fired off a rapid reply....

...just got an email back saying i had a place! been a cps member for 4 years now and this is the first of this kind of email I've received from them, and very welcome it was too! Anybody else get this or anything like it in the past? I did send in a photo for the 25 year eos anniversary which did get used in their promotional material so maybe i got bumped up their interesting scale.

Thoughts and similar stories very welcome....

birdbrain
Senior MemberPosts: 3,233Gear list
Like?
Re: CPS benefits
In reply to drawdunn, Feb 13, 2013

I got the same offer but not my cup of tea, wrong sort of birds for me

Now if it were an air-show I would snapped at the chance!

-- hide signature --

Phil
I wondered why the ball kept getting bigger, then it hit me.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/philthebirdbrain/

birdbrain's gear list:birdbrain's gear list
Sony RX100 II Canon EOS 7D Canon EOS 6D Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon EF 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L IS USM +16 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
NeilSDPR
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?
In reply to drawdunn, Feb 13, 2013

Got an invite a couple of months ago to try out 1DX, replied for january but heard nothing since

Guess nothing is going to come of it, am currently looking to upgrade my 1DM3, and will probably have to opt for 5DM3

Canon should not have abandoned the ASPH crop pro body, they are a bunch of *******

And where's the 7D replacement, not to worry, they have gone all full frame and cine

Disappointed I haven't had a crack at the 1DX as promised , but as i use an 800mm with tcs a full frame isn't best suited for my needs

Richard
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,081Gear list
Like?
In reply to NeilSDPR, Feb 14, 2013

Don't be too hesitant in thinking because the 1DX is FF it won't cut it as a serious wildlife camera, the IQ is good enough to allow ample cropping especialy when mated with the 800L.

Coupled with a TC and yes, AF tends to slow a tad and you'll be restricted to the four centre focus points.

Or, you can lift your bushcraft stalking skills and ditch the TCs.

NeilSDPR wrote:

Got an invite a couple of months ago to try out 1DX, replied for january but heard nothing since

Guess nothing is going to come of it, am currently looking to upgrade my 1DM3, and will probably have to opt for 5DM3

Canon should not have abandoned the ASPH crop pro body, they are a bunch of *******

And where's the 7D replacement, not to worry, they have gone all full frame and cine

Disappointed I haven't had a crack at the 1DX as promised , but as i use an 800mm with tcs a full frame isn't best suited for my needs

Richard's gear list:Richard's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Canon EOS-1D Mark II Canon EOS-1D Mark III Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Canon EOS-1D X +6 more
Graham Snook
Senior MemberPosts: 1,689Gear list
Like?
In reply to NeilSDPR, Feb 14, 2013

NeilSDPR wrote:

Glad it's not just me then

-- hide signature --

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-Always give the client a vertical-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
http://grahamsnook.wordpress.com/

Graham Snook's gear list:Graham Snook's gear list
Leica D-LUX 3 Canon EOS-1D X Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L II USM Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L +5 more
NeilSDPR
Regular MemberPosts: 293
Like?
In reply to Richard, Feb 14, 2013

Richard wrote:

Don't be too hesitant in thinking because the 1DX is FF it won't cut it as a serious wildlife camera, the IQ is good enough to allow ample cropping especialy when mated with the 800L.

Coupled with a TC and yes, AF tends to slow a tad and you'll be restricted to the four centre focus points.

Or, you can lift your bushcraft stalking skills and ditch the TCs.

NeilSDPR wrote:

Disappointed I haven't had a crack at the 1DX as promised , but as i use an 800mm with tcs a full frame isn't best suited for my needs

Guess I am going to have to buy a canoe then

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads