Neat picture for an underground test
In reply to DreamsAreDust, Feb 12, 2013

DreamsAreDust wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

What should be the response?

North Korea 'tests nuclear weapons' as country

N. Korea had the 'quake?

is shaken by 4.9 magnitude earthquake!

Remember Hitler if the other nations don't do anything to this madness!

If so, all they need do is test a few more and the Earth will solve the problem.. 9.9 Quake right in N Korea.. and the rest of the worlds goes "We told you so.. " and walks away.

Now we know why Third World Nations want nukes. No nukes and they get Iraqized.

With Nukes, we complain to the UN.

I suspect the South Koreans and Japanese, are ​very nervous about all this talk of nuking North Korea.

Dave

-- hide signature --

"Everyone who has ever lived, has lived in Modern Times"

Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
NuFonaut
Senior MemberPosts: 2,211
Like?
Nucular!
In reply to Princess Leia, Feb 12, 2013

The word is nucular.

Princess Leia
Senior MemberPosts: 6,956
Like?
Re: princess . .
In reply to knox, Feb 12, 2013

knox wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

knox wrote:

interesting, that you see some sort of 'control' of weapons is important . . . that's what many of us have been saying all along.

-- hide signature --

Knox

you missed my point, I don't care if North Korea get nukes as long as their leader is as decent as Obama but it is quite the opposite.

clearly you are NOT getting my point . . . . because you don't want to and are being your typical close minded 'self'.

-- hide signature --

Knox
--
http://www.avatarphotoart.com
Alley Cats . . . Urban Tails (the book)
http://www.urbantailsbook.com

Your point is to take away guns but as you can see here, crazy people will find another weapon!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KTibP7GyDE

It is not the weapons, it is the crazy person who will pull the trigger!

Illegal Mexican
Contributing MemberPosts: 932
Like?
The test failed.

Princess Leia wrote:

Weak Obama will ignore it for sure...

You're still alive.

Princess Leia
Like?
Re: North Korea detonated a nuclear

Princess Leia wrote:

Obama all talked, in 2008, he promised to eliminate NK's nukes and in 2010, same empty promises. Now the world is living dangerously because USA is really weak under his administration

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/12/Remember-When-Obama-Promised-to-Eliminate-North-Korea-s-Nuclear-Weapons-Programs

"So much for “tough diplomacy” from the Obama administration."

illy
Forum ProPosts: 12,160Gear list
Like?
Re: Yep -- China should deal with it so we don't have to.

Princess Leia wrote:

Rupert Bottomsworth wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

D P O'neil wrote:

Great Bustard wrote:

Nell27 wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

No, he won't ignore it but it might take awhile to figure out what to do about it.

North Korea is a scary place. Their only ally is China and even China is fed up with them.

Two of America's closest allies are Japan and South Korea -- as if we'll sit by while lunatics in North Korea test nukes.

You tested them, that's how you know they work!

Not only tested them, but used them in anger. And, for sure, we have every "right" to stop Iran and North Korea from having nukes.

And who gave you this "right"?

Learn from history...Europe did not pay attention to madman Hitler when he was building his military. I am just glad USA got the bomb first!

and where the f++k were the blessed US army while all this sh+t was happening........and do you think the US army at that time would of been able to do anything........you make other people dumber for reading your posts

-- hide signature --

The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time.

illy's gear list:illy's gear list
Nikon D200 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF1 Nikon D5100 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6G VR +4 more
knox
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,558
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

knox wrote:

clearly you are NOT getting my point . . . . because you don't want to and are being your typical close minded 'self'.

-- hide signature --

Knox
--

Your point is to take away guns but as you can see here, crazy people will find another weapon!

I didn't look at your link princess because everyone knows there is a link or story anyone with Google can find to support their opinionated and biased agenda at any given time.  You of all people know this, because that's all you do.  If you were a reasonable person, I would be happy to look at it with an open mind.

Don't put words in my mouth or exaggerate my prior comment princess . . . . I said "control" as in 'reasonable' control of weapons (NOT "take away"), especially those that are made for extreme killing.  Just as you are probably saying about North Korea, but refuse to see the similarities to suit your agendas and wants.  Though I'm sure if it were up to you, you would take away ALL weapons from any country other then America!

My point was clear . . the more weapons, the more opportunity a whacked out person or religious nut (who thinks he is doing it for his God) or a pssed off person can get their hands on one to kill.  Just as you are saying. You just close your mind to my point.  More weapons do not fix anything, in fact they increase the percentages of killing.  Just like NK or Iran having nukes.  "Reasonable' control is needed across the board.

-- hide signature --

Knox
--
http://www.avatarphotoart.com
Alley Cats . . . Urban Tails (the book)
http://www.urbantailsbook.com

Bill Randall
Forum ProPosts: 14,906Gear list
Like?
Re: USA Helped

Princess Leia wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

On the radio this morning I heard about the bomb North Korea exploded. They also reported that the USA was considering no longer providing foreign aid to North Korea.

NO LONGER PROVIDING AID TO NORTH KOREA?
I don't care what type of aid we provided, it certainly helped them develop the bomb. No doubt we do have too many idiots in North Korea.

I think it was food aid. It is China providing technology to build their nukes. China is using North Korea as a first line of defense against United States!

Had we not provided food aid, it would have been more difficult for North Korea to develop this bomb. The Korean government would have had to spend more money for food instead of technology, or allow more people to die from starvation, or possibly fueled a revolution to overthrow the North Korean government.

In any event, we helped North Korea develop the Atomic Bomb.

Bill Randall's gear list:Bill Randall's gear list
Fujifilm FinePix S602 Zoom Nikon D200 Nikon D5200
Princess Leia
Like?
In reply to Bill Randall, Feb 12, 2013

Bill Randall wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

On the radio this morning I heard about the bomb North Korea exploded. They also reported that the USA was considering no longer providing foreign aid to North Korea.

I don't care what type of aid we provided, it certainly helped them develop the bomb. No doubt we do have too many idiots in North Korea.

I think it was food aid. It is China providing technology to build their nukes. China is using North Korea as a first line of defense against United States!

Had we not provided food aid, it would have been more difficult for North Korea to develop this bomb. The Korean government would have had to spend more money for food instead of technology, or allow more people to die from starvation, or possibly fueled a revolution to overthrow the North Korean government.

In any event, we helped North Korea develop the Atomic Bomb.

I agree, it is not our job to feed the world.

RossAndrew
Senior MemberPosts: 3,198
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

You really are a fool Princess . If China wanted North Korea to have a bomb as their first line of defense they would have it by now, they wouldn't be stuffing around like they are now.

Andy.

-- hide signature --

Nothing grows from the top down--- dummy---

Princess Leia
Like?
In reply to RossAndrew, Feb 12, 2013

RossAndrew wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

You really are a fool Princess . If China wanted North Korea to have a bomb as their first line of defense they would have it by now, they wouldn't be stuffing around like they are now.

Andy.

-- hide signature --

Nothing grows from the top down--- dummy---

You are a fool if you don't believe countries are using other countries as proxies for their wars against the almighty USA!

kyjy
Contributing MemberPosts: 945
Like?
Re: Rights are not given, but paid for in full...
In reply to aus4ever, Feb 13, 2013

aus4ever wrote:

Only two countries have pledged no-first-use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_first_use

According to that article, it's three, not two.  The third being (you guessed it): North Korea.

greenmartini
Regular MemberPosts: 276
Like?
In reply to Princess Leia, Feb 13, 2013

North Korea has weak bombs and missiles that constantly malfunction, they make have a nuke but no capability to strike an enemy with it. Also if they actually tried to use it then it would be game over for them, not even China would protect them if they actually attacked South Korea, Japan or the U.S. with a nuke.

aus4ever
Veteran MemberPosts: 6,357Gear list
Like?
Re: Rights are not given, but paid for in full...
In reply to kyjy, Feb 13, 2013

kyjy wrote:

aus4ever wrote:

Only two countries have pledged no-first-use.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_first_use

According to that article, it's three, not two. The third being (you guessed it): North Korea.

Their self declared status as a nuclear state is still in doubt.

I do believe they are not going to use any nuclear weapon first, unless they are invaded, or they are totally insane.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.
Freedom without discipline is chaos.

aus4ever's gear list:aus4ever's gear list
Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
aus4ever
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

Bill Randall wrote:

That's fabrication Princess.
If China has helped North Korea, it wouldn't have taken them so long and still struggling.

For you, it is okay to arm Japan and the Philippines with nuclear weapons.  But Chinese wisdom is far beyond what you can fathom.  You don't even have enough intelligence to understand Bill's post.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

Nikon D700 Nikon D610 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 12-24mm f/4G ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-70mm f/2.8G ED +4 more
G. Gray
Veteran MemberPosts: 4,532
Like?
Re: Nucular! You are wrong, NUCLEAR IS CORRECT
In reply to NuFonaut, Feb 13, 2013

NuFonaut wrote:

The word is nucular.

The correct spelling and pronouciation is NUCLEAR

-- hide signature --

If you go into Home Depot and someone offers to help you and he is not an employee, you are in Canada

Jim
Jim
Senior MemberPosts: 1,710Gear list
Like?
In reply to Nell27, Feb 13, 2013

Nell27 wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

No, he won't ignore it but it might take awhile to figure out what to do about it.

North Korea is a scary place. Their only ally is China and even China is fed up with them.

If we really wanted the North Koreans to cease their activities we would inform the Chinese that we will no longer sustain the current trade imbalance with them. The North Koreans are very dependent on the Chinese for food and energy resources. The truth of the matter is that the Chinese find the North Koreans a useful (although crude) tool against the West and use them accordingly.

aus4ever
Like?
Re: Good point

Princess Leia wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

Chipsthe1 wrote:

Marcamera wrote:

1. Kennedy vs.Cuba

I do not recall Kennedy making any threats or a comment about using nuclear weapons during the Cuban crisis although it was a long time ago and my memory might be faulty. Would you be kind enough to refer me to a source where Kennedy made that threat. I do recall a threat to blockade and to stop Russian ships but not about the use of the bomb.

Appreciate it.

He said that US would retaliate if need be.

There is no comparing Kennedy with N.Korea's mad man, the point is, that US nuclear weapons and would use them if need be.

N.Koreans are also claiming defensive purpose, words only, I realize.

Rgds

"He said that US would retaliate if need be"

and North Korea threatened to destroy LA more than once!

Quote it. More than once. I found a quote you asked for, your turn.

Rgds

"http://news.ca.msn.com/top-stories/north-korea-threatens-us-plans-nuclear-test-1" look in my history too...there is a thread about it.

Update: It was a Chinese General who threatened to nuke LA but North Korea threatened to attack USA

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2005/jul/15/20050715-115416-3571r/?page=all

While those were his personal remarks, he made his point very clear to the US in his speech.

-- hide signature --

Australia, home forever.

Jim
Jim
Like?
In reply to knox, Feb 13, 2013

knox wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

knox wrote:

-- hide signature --

Knox
--

I didn't look at your link princess because everyone knows there is a link or story anyone with Google can find to support their opinionated and biased agenda at any given time. You of all people know this, because that's all you do. If you were a reasonable person, I would be happy to look at it with an open mind.

Don't put words in my mouth or exaggerate my prior comment princess . . . . I said "control" as in 'reasonable' control of weapons (NOT "take away"), especially those that are made for extreme killing. Just as you are probably saying about North Korea, but refuse to see the similarities to suit your agendas and wants. Though I'm sure if it were up to you, you would take away ALL weapons from any country other then America!

My point was clear . . the more weapons, the more opportunity a whacked out person or religious nut (who thinks he is doing it for his God) or a pssed off person can get their hands on one to kill. Just as you are saying. You just close your mind to my point. More weapons do not fix anything, in fact they increase the percentages of killing. Just like NK or Iran having nukes. "Reasonable' control is needed across the board.

I see your point but it's quite one thing to be dealing with firearms and quite another with nuclear weapons...with but one being able to wipe out millions with one use. This is the clear distinction between "controls" on these two issues (as I know you are already aware). This is why nations like Iran and NK should not be allowed to have nuclear weapons as they have demonstrated that they are not responsible players. I would put Pakistan in that category as well. I think that at the end of the day, these nations know that if they ever used their nuclear weaponry against the West (and we would likely know if they did) it would be over for them as we would retaliate...disproportionately to their disadvantage.

Jim
Jim
Like?

Princess Leia wrote:

Princess Leia wrote:

Obama all talked, in 2008, he promised to eliminate NK's nukes and in 2010, same empty promises. Now the world is living dangerously because USA is really weak under his administration

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Peace/2013/02/12/Remember-When-Obama-Promised-to-Eliminate-North-Korea-s-Nuclear-Weapons-Programs

"So much for “tough diplomacy” from the Obama administration."

You're right, Obama is all talk and everyone knows it. One need only look at what's happening in the world and his reaction to those events to underscore this. He's certainly not someone who likes America and is interested in the betterment of our country...far from it.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads