Smallest toploader bag for Sony A99 + 24-70

Started Feb 10, 2013 | Discussions
phdstp
New MemberPosts: 14
Like?
Smallest toploader bag for Sony A99 + 24-70
Feb 10, 2013

I went to the Lowepro website searching for a toploader bag appropriate (as small as possible) for the Sony A99 + 24-70.

The website suggested the 45W, which I brought, but actually the camera does not fit at all with this lens.

What are you using for this combination? I am open to any brand, as long as reasonably protective and water resistent.

Thank you for your help!

Sony SLT-A99
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
lakensea
Contributing MemberPosts: 556Gear list
Like?
Re: Smallest toploader bag for Sony A99 + 24-70
In reply to phdstp, Feb 10, 2013

M-Rock

I use the 4050 for my A77 and there is enough room to spare for the slightly larger A99 to fit.  The shorter 4030 would also work for you with the 24-70 lens.   I like the 4050 because I can use it with my Sigma 50-150, or put a divider in it and use it with a shorter lens mounted and carry a second short lens.  You can do this with the M-Rocks because they open two ways so you access the extra lens easily.

I also have a small M-Rock backpack to carry all my gear, and a 5060 Grand Canyon bag when I just need a few lenses, or two lenses and a flash.  Also, with the Grand Canyon my A77 will fit with the vertcal grip attached.

Take a look at the M-Rock system - I like the quality, features and versatilty of the modular system.

-- hide signature --

Gary C.
www.edenrentals.com
wwww.lakeandsea.com

lakensea's gear list:lakensea's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a77 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +12 more
Reply   Reply with quote   Complain
phdstp
Like?
In reply to lakensea, Feb 11, 2013

Thanks a lot for your reply!

Unfortunately I live in the UK and I cannot seems to find anywhere to buy it here, but I found some items on ebay from the US (international shipment).

Just to check, are you absolutely sure the A99 with 24-70 will fit in? I am asking only because a return of the item would be difficult

lakensea
Like?
In reply to phdstp, Feb 11, 2013

I'll confirm some measurements today and get back to you.

In the meantime, go to http://www.m-rock.com/intdistributors.html and scroll down to the bottom.  You will see a UK distributor listed.  The web links do not seem to work, but there is a phone number you can try.  You also can shoot an email to Mike Rockwell at the address listed as he may have other UK distributors not listed as yet.

-- hide signature --

Gary C.
www.edenrentals.com
wwww.lakeandsea.com

Sony a6000 Sony a77 II Sony 24-70mm F2.8 ZA SSM Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony 70-300mm F4.5-5.6 G SSM Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 EX DC APO OS HSM +12 more
lakensea
Like?

Ok - I just took some measurments with my A77 + Tamron 28-75 lens, which is about 3/4" shorter than your Sony 24-70. The M-Rock 4030 Yellowstone, which is 2" shorter than my 4050 Sierra looks to be a perfect fit for your A99 + 24-70, with maybe 1/4" of length to spare.

By the way, what's wrong with this place:

http://www.cameraclean.co.uk/products.php?cat=Holsters

-- hide signature --

Gary C.
www.edenrentals.com
wwww.lakeandsea.com

Dareshooter
Senior MemberPosts: 1,133
Like?

Have you thought about getting the Lowepro toploader 50AW ?I used to have one and could get my 450d with a sigma 17-70 attached and a Canon 55-250 in the bottom with a bit of a squeeze so it should easily accommodate your gear.

phdstp
Like?
In reply to lakensea, Feb 11, 2013

Thanks a lot for all the informations, for the accurate measurements and for the UK website.

I actually could not find a UK distributor, as I did not notice the distributor link on the website (it was small)...

I am ordering one from the website you mentioned, thanks again and have a nice day!

lakensea
Like?
In reply to phdstp, Feb 12, 2013

phdstp wrote:

Thanks a lot for all the informations, for the accurate measurements and for the UK website.

I actually could not find a UK distributor, as I did not notice the distributor link on the website (it was small)...

I am ordering one from the website you mentioned, thanks again and have a nice day!

You are very welcome - I've been using the M-Rock system for a few years now and was very impressed when I had a dimension question a few years ago and sent them an email and the owner, Michael Rockwell (M-Rock) responded, and we've stayed in contact since.  I have a set of three different bags from his new models, plus couple of his old ones.  I have lens bags so I can easily add one to the holster bag, and I have one of the modular belts for when I go hiking with my two dogs.  M-Rock used to make insulated water bottle pouches that attach to one of the bags or the modular belt and I have a couple of them which I attach to the belt, along with a small lens bag for the dog's treats, etc and the holster bag so I have someplace safe to easily put the camera in when I have to tend to the dogs.

Good luck and I hope it works out for you.

-- hide signature --

Gary C.
www.edenrentals.com
wwww.lakeandsea.com

rudolfo
New MemberPosts: 5
Like?
In reply to Dareshooter, 6 months ago

Dareshooter wrote:

Have you thought about getting the Lowepro toploader 50AW

I am looking for a toploader bag for my A99 + Zeiss 24-70 too and found this post (from a over a year ago) through Google. For the next person googling this: I already have a LowePro TLZ 1 (bought 11 years ago) and it has these internal dimensions: 6.5 by 4.5 by 7.75 inches, almost identical to the Toploader Zoom 50AW. I find the fit of the A99 in the TLZ 1 a bit tight, see photographs. The good news is that the zipper does close without too much squeezing. I guess the 50AW is the smallest (Lowepro) toploader bag. I think I prefer one size larger.

The eyepiece sticks out.

There is a bit of a gap.

There is a bit of tension on the zipper.

Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum MMy threads